VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Clohesy is a unit. I hope opportunity wise that he starts next year level pegging with Jhye. Fair enough give the highly touted draft pick the inside running but 2 x sub appearances for Clohesy v 15 games for Jhye this year is not performance based. Jhye has to earn it next year.

Clohesy is a unit. I hope opportunity wise that he starts next year level pegging with Jhye. Fair enough give the highly touted draft pick the inside running but 2 x sub appearances for Clohesy v 15 games for Jhye this year is not performance based. Jhye has to earn it next year.
Next year could be interesting for some of our younger players with a few vets retiring and some depth most likely departing (Parfitt) I could see Clohesy and Clark both getting 10+ games each rather easily by moving the magnets a few times or during rests for older players.

Tuohy will 100% gone so will Parfitt most likely add in Duncan is a good chance to not be best 23 for the whole year and spots open up if they are willing to take them.

He is the next Atkins with better skills IMO.

GO Catters

What happened to Shark?

He had been battling a knee injury which is why he had been absent for a few weeks before playing last weeks final

Wondering if playing last week was a last grasp chance to put his hand up for any potential senior recall this finals series, but maybe the knee didn't pull up well after the match any they've decided to put him on ice instead

He had been battling a knee injury which is why he had been absent for a few weeks before playing last weeks final

Wondering if playing last week was a last grasp chance to put his hand up for any potential senior recall this finals series, but maybe the knee didn't pull up well after the match any they've decided to put him on ice instead
Considering he is out injured again i think it is a real possibility that it was a last ditch effort to be ready but failed so he will be done for the year now. Unless he reinjured himself at training.

Some info for those looking to attend tomorrow

Ticketing

Admission prices for the 2024 Smithy’s VFL Finals Series are as follows:

For matches played in Victoria during Wildcard Round through to the Preliminary Finals, admission prices will be adults $15, concession/pensioners $10 and children under 15 free.

For the 2024 Smithy’s VFL Grand Final, admission prices will be adults $20, concession/pensioners $15 and children under 15 free.

Tickets can be purchased from midday Tuesday each week of the finals series via www.intix.com.au/org/vfl.

Plan your day​

• Gates open at 10.35am before the opening bounce at 11.35am
  • Pre purchase tickets to avoid queues at the gate
  • General seating available in the Brownlow and Premiership Stands
  • Food and Beverage outlets open during the match
  • Limited car parking available

Cats Shop​

The Cats Shop will be open from 10am to 3pm on Saturday.

I agree but Atkins skills a underrated imo he actually has good skills he just lacks the athletic abilities to be elite.

He mightn't be the most athletic but man, I love his attitude. It's elite.

He's a terrier. He'll run through brick walls, jump on a hand grenade, and take bullets for the team.

He's selfless, and whilst he's not the most talented he's the guy you want beside you when the fight gets down and dirty.

He gives 100% pure grunt every time.

It's good to have the flashy players, but for mine it's crucial you have players with the mindset of Atkins within your core if you're to be successful.

He mightn't be the most athletic but man, I love his attitude. It's elite.

He's a terrier. He'll run through brick walls, jump on a hand grenade, and take bullets for the team.

He's selfless, and whilst he's not the most talented he's the guy you want beside you when the fight gets down and dirty.

He gives 100% pure grunt every time.

It's good to have the flashy players, but for mine it's crucial you have players with the mindset of Atkins within your core if you're to be successful.
Couldn't agree more every side needs an Atkins or 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

these ****ing campaigners have geoblocked a vfl game bc its on 7

Ive watched all the game this year and you ****ing lock me out now.

You mean spirited campaigner faced peices of shit.

Yes im pissed.

GO CAtters
I feel your pain. Sounds petty of them. Have you considered a VPN? It'll let you pretend your computer is in Australia.

I feel your pain. Sounds petty of them. Have you considered a VPN? It'll let you pretend your computer is in Australia.

My privateinternetaccess.com subscription is worth every penny (OK, I found a discount code, but still).

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back