VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

The vfl team still has some good talent. Clark and osullivan look very likely. Wiltshires miss was horrible but hes done some decent things. Knevitt is really taking a step forward and needs to play afl next year. Clohesy has improved rapidly.
Knevitt will receive offers from other club and if cats trade in established players he should move cause cats always prioritise their traded in players over their draftees

Knevitt will receive offers from other club and if cats trade in established players he should move cause cats always prioritise their traded in players over their draftees
It’s not often we trade in players to have them playing VFL unless it’s the end a la Dahlhaus. Very few yo-yo up and down. We do however have a recent history of working on players deficiencies in the VFL until they’re ready to consistently perform in the firsts. Knevitt is almost in the talks category waiting for his frame to build out.

Some of us expect better than the loser culture that infested this club during the time your shit truck display pic represented us.

We've had a reasonably manageable I jury list all year leading to strong AFL representation at VFL level. Straight sets is unacceptable.
We all wish VFL won but seems you've thrown your toys out of the cot. Hard to win with such a slow forward line. Rohan was the hope for speed but didn't play. Hawk and foster in same forward line made us to slow to compete

So I stayed over in Adelaide and went to a winery after the 1st qtr. So relied on BF update and a family member who was at GMHBA…

By the sounds of it…

Knevitte had a beast of a game…not likely to squeeze back in this year but very promising for 2025
We have a third Ollie (ok. First Ollie to join the other Oliver’s) to complete the chant…

Hawk only break glass in emergency?
Rohan not even breaking glass back up now?
Both of them played last hoops game?

Guthrie numbers looked ok but maybe wasn’t enough to squeeze in? Could he replace Bews to give more flexibility? Thoughts?

SDK seems like depends on match up dependent (which makes me sad as I really want him in!)

Anything else as an update from those who watched?

Shame we couldn’t get one more round out of the VFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I stayed over in Adelaide and went to a winery after the 1st qtr. So relied on BF update and a family member who was at GMHBA…

By the sounds of it…

Knevitte had a beast of a game…not likely to squeeze back in this year but very promising for 2025
We have a third Ollie (ok. First Ollie to join the other Oliver’s) to complete the chant…

Hawk only break glass in emergency?
Rohan not even breaking glass back up now?
Both of them played last hoops game?

Guthrie numbers looked ok but maybe wasn’t enough to squeeze in? Could he replace Bews to give more flexibility? Thoughts?

SDK seems like depends on match up dependent (which makes me sad as I really want him in!)

Anything else as an update from those who watched?

Shame we couldn’t get one more round out of the VFL

Hawkins and Guthrie did nowhere near enough to be considered imo.

SDK was ok, but didn't put his name up in lights either.

Its possible and i can see that happening but i would hope the fact that hes close with henry bruhn clark conway etc from his junior days will make him want to stay. We have a lot of retirements coming he will be b22 soon if hes patient. At least hes contracted so it will be our call.

He could play well against kids because he was tougher than them, but I never saw anything other than a guy with a dip in him.

Very limited... not many tricks, size, speed, scoring ability, class or as much upside and that was my observations from the get-go with him prior to the draft.

If he wasn't from Geelong I doubt we would have taken him.

I really want him to prove me wrong.

Agree and I was the same pre-draft. Our obsession with drafting falcons has led to a few mistakes… Clark and knevitt both underwhelming but Clark hurts more given he was a top 10

How did Hawkins go in the VFL?

Walking to my car after the match, I asked myself the following in regards to Hawkins,

"Would we have been better off getting to the end of the season asking 'What-IF', compared with playing today and confirming 'What-IS'...

I'm pretty comfortable suggesting that all Geelong fans love Tom, but removing emotion & sentiment from the decision, I don't see Hawkins wearing the hoops again

Rohan zero stats…how early did he get concussed?

Sometime just after someone posted this...

Good to see we've already outscored our first half efforts from last week

Looks like a rocket was put up Rohan's ass after last week we there's much better intent and attack

Its possible and i can see that happening but i would hope the fact that hes close with henry bruhn clark conway etc from his junior days will make him want to stay. We have a lot of retirements coming he will be b22 soon if hes patient. At least hes contracted so it will be our call.
He is part of a very tight knit group of young players (dempsey, bruhn, Conway, SDK, Holmes, Knevitt, o henry)…Humprhies has now joined that small group…. And beyond that the younger guys love a lot of the other players…

If Mitch thinks he is a chance of securing a spot in 22 he will stay. But with Smith coming next year and Holmes/Bruhn/Bowes/Atkins all good inside mids along with Danger and Guthrie it is hard to see how he plays his best role in AFL next year?

I hope they manage it well as I have been a massive fan…and the last few VFL games were Dempsey like from 12 months ago

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back