VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

1725775031420-png.2105154

Some of us expect better than the loser culture that infested this club during the time your shit truck display pic represented us.

We've had a reasonably manageable I jury list all year leading to strong AFL representation at VFL level. Straight sets is unacceptable.
Afl reserve sides in a competition that is not quite the national reserves comp that's fair is the problem Art Vandelay! Afl seconds sides is all based around development and growth for the drafted players from season 1 to how long they're on before being delisted.
State leagues outside of Victoria are having this very argument with afl reserves sides compromising the sanfl and wafl.

Look id drop blicavs and play both but that wont happen.

On stanley its a valid question. Earlier in the year i thought his knee was cooked and he still might be but he looks much fitter the last month. Maybe with the week off he can get through 2 more finals.

Blicavs was terrific down back on the weekend.

Look id drop blicavs and play both but that wont happen.

On stanley its a valid question. Earlier in the year i thought his knee was cooked and he still might be but he looks much fitter the last month. Maybe with the week off he can get through 2 more finals.

Defensive numbers never tell the true story with the exception of Stewie and Zuthries intercept numbers, but Blicavs in defense this season has been better than SDK in defense this year and last year just as SDK in the ruck has been better than Blicavs in the ruck this year despite putting up similar numbers in both circumstances.

But Stanley in the ruck is better than SDK.

In 2022 we had SDK in DEF, Blicavs mobile tall, Stanley ruck and Hawkins FWD.
This year we could easily go Blicavs in DEF, SDK mobile tall, Stanley ruck and Neale FWD but then who do you drop to facilitate that? Mullins is already likely out for Stewart, so who else makes way?

But the locks right now for me are Blicavs as a KPD, Neale as a KPF and Stanley in the ruck. And unless Stanley gets injured or Neale has a putrid PF and I doubt they experiment with SDK as a KPF in a GF if we make it.

Defensive numbers never tell the true story with the exception of Stewie and Zuthries intercept numbers, but Blicavs in defense this season has been better than SDK in defense this year and last year just as SDK in the ruck has been better than Blicavs in the ruck this year despite putting up similar numbers in both circumstances.

But Stanley in the ruck is better than SDK.

In 2022 we had SDK in DEF, Blicavs mobile tall, Stanley ruck and Hawkins FWD.
This year we could easily go Blicavs in DEF, SDK mobile tall, Stanley ruck and Neale FWD but then who do you drop to facilitate that? Mullins is already likely out for Stewart, so who else makes way?

But the locks right now for me are Blicavs as a KPD, Neale as a KPF and Stanley in the ruck. And unless Stanley gets injured or Neale has a putrid PF and I doubt they experiment with SDK as a KPF in a GF if we make it.

Tuohy or bews would be the 2 to drop if going that way

How did Jeka go on Saturday? I like having him as a tall defender backup, and he can play forward if necessary, but he doesn’t impose himself on the game despite his height and skills.

I’d take any of those 3 at the moment as much as I love Guth.
Losing today pretty much ends his season now though. You cannot bring him back off 1 VFL game unless it’s an emergency.

The only way I would consider it is if we had a serious injury to a mid or if it was pissing down with rain in the prelim and we need bigger bodies in the midfield.
So if previous finals selections are anything to go by, sounds like it will be Guthrie in for Stanley, then...

:oops: ;) :D

Was just looking at the stats for that game, Crossley 71 hit outs. Appears Ryan Gardner was the dogs second ruckman but still. The guy looks like he could beat Mumford in a sausage eating contest but gets the business done at that level.

Heron who looked good on the outside against us had 13 tackles and 8 clearances in the wet conditions this week. Guy definitely profiles a bit like a Mannagh, albeit without the same scoreboard impact. Interesting to see if he gets picked in the draft.

Was just looking at the stats for that game, Crossley 71 hit outs. Appears Ryan Gardner was the dogs second ruckman but still. The guy looks like he could beat Mumford in a sausage eating contest but gets the business done at that level.

Heron who looked good on the outside against us had 13 tackles and 8 clearances in the wet conditions this week. Guy definitely profiles a bit like a Mannagh, albeit without the same scoreboard impact. Interesting to see if he gets picked in the draft.
Heron was on Gold Coast's list and got delisted, trained with Geelong VFL to get a senior spot but they didn't want him, went to North VFL to do the same thing but same result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a chance for a debut :rainbow:

Do the Hardie groupies still exist

I think they've finally give up for the season

Though I'm curious what happens come season's end and news of him being delisted comes out

Edit - I did see someone on FB say as should get him in for the prelim (not sure if serious though)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back