VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

It has been reported we've offered him a contract - the delay could be whether it's a direct promotion to the senior list this year or a third year on the rookie list

Maybe he is already on the senior list? The club did never announce which one of him or mullin got promoted last year.

I'm sure we've offered him a deal I just think if he hasn't accepted it this late in the year it indicates another club is involved otherwise he surely would have signed it already.

He's ooc so he's leaving it late to sign. Could be WB?
Hope he stays - adds grunt and while not a high ceiling you never die wondering about his effort.

Team needs playes like that and after the PF a few could take notice of that style.

GO Catters

Geelong’s 2024 VFL Best & Fairest Top 10

1stMitch Hardie223 Votes
2ndTed Clohesy188 Votes
3rdMitch Knevitt177 Votes
4thMarcus Herbert175 Votes
5thDan Capiron174 Votes
6thGeorge Stevens165 Votes
7thEmerson Jeka163 Votes
8thConnor O'Sullivan152 Votes
9thJed Bews129 Votes
9thPatrick Hughes129 Votes

Does this reinforce a bit stiff for jeka not to get another year? Understand unlikely to make it in afl but handy depth and seemingly handy vfl player

Geelong’s 2024 VFL Best & Fairest Top 10

1stMitch Hardie223 Votes
2ndTed Clohesy188 Votes
3rdMitch Knevitt177 Votes
4thMarcus Herbert175 Votes
5thDan Capiron174 Votes
6thGeorge Stevens165 Votes
7thEmerson Jeka163 Votes
8thConnor O'Sullivan152 Votes
9thJed Bews129 Votes
9thPatrick Hughes129 Votes

Is Patrick Hughes a chance of being drafted? A young inside midfielder, I believe.

What did it take Atkins… 2 or 3 years of outstanding performance at VFL level to get drafted. Or Stewart? Who knows in the future… my bet is we are more likely to look at the Premiership side for matures..

Some are one and done others take a few

Chalcraft wasn't even looked at. It's a high bar.

The decision to move Blicavs to defence late in the year probably didn't help his chances of another contract.
I watched a bit of Jeka in the 2's, some of his decision making with ball in hand was truly awful. He was constantly taking super high risk kicks across goals and more often than not, turning it directly over to the opposition for easy shots at goal.

Was a decent mark, and could find the footy, but just made far too many dumb mistakes..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back