VOTES rd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

PotY
5 - Thompson - Made a few mistakes but was easily our best midfielder.
4 - Rutten - Not once did we see Lloyd throw up the grass. Kept him to one cheap goal.
3 - Burton - Our best in the first half, but needed to kick straight and not bump people in the head.
2 - Maric - Dragged us back into the game after Hille destroyed us early. Brilliant performance.
1 - Goodwin - Toss up between him, Dougie and Bock. In the end, I'm giving him votes for a good game after being cleaned up (which was the worst umpiring error I've ever seen. Drop that bald tosser).

BTM
3 - Bock - Very solid game on an admittedly unfit Lucas, and provided the run we needed from defence. Didn't have the butterfingers of some of our other defenders.
2 - Maric - again, for trying when nobody else seemed to be
1 - Douglas - deserved a vote in something for popping up when we needed him to. Should have kicked straighter, although most were tough shots.

Youngun
2 - Maric - only eligable who deserved votes tonight.

PotY
(which was the worst umpiring error I've ever seen. Drop that bald tosser).
Thought he was on " The TAKE " after those 3 PITIFUL frees early in the last quarter !!!:mad:

Keiren Nicholls ??

Tough game to pick for as we had some good performers but no real standouts who played brilliantly, if efforts to get the ball were good, disposal almost definitely dissapointed.

POTY:
5) Goodwin - Think he just stood up in a crucial part in that 3rd quarter which allowed us to win the game.
4) Burton - Would have been top, but his disposal let him down, great game, but took too long to discover that he couldn't kick it from 45 out.
3) Thommo - Another good game from him, funny, reckon he almost delivers better off his left than his right, still way too many errors though.
2) Bock - Another superb game from the chicken man, did some great work on Lucas, absolutely toweled him up in every department and still provided some decent run.
1) Maric - just loved his efforts around the ground, top class, this bloke tried his heart out all day, added great pressure as a bigger man, probably has come in at the right time as Griffin seems to be slowing down, very excited and pleased by what he has produced so far in his 3 games.

Appologies: Rutten and Douglas

BTM:
3) Maric - gotta give it to Ivan, just his desperation and efforts, especially early in the first when we were getting towelled we sensational.
2) Douglas - give it to him for his great forward line pressure, disposal let him down at times but his efforts to get the ball and provide a contest were top notch
1) Goodwin - Thought he stood up when he needed to, great captains effort

ROTY:
2) Maric - see above
1) Vince - bit quiet but probably next best of the youngsters

5. Goodwin - Was fantastic when we needed someone to stand up. Hard, contested footy and was very clean when he got it.

4. Burton - One who played pretty well over the four quarters. Our best forward by a long, long way. Presented well, got a lot of it, only his goal kicking that let him down.

3. Bock - Great game down back. Something we pretty much expect these days, but again was rarely beaten and used the ball when ever he had it.

2. Thompson - Had a bloody lot of the footy, used his hard body and another good effort from Thommo.

1. Douglas - Had some very important touches in the game. Some brilliant tackles at key times. Another one whos goalkicking held him back some tonight, but he is going along way to prove a few critics earlier in the year wrong.

5 - Scott Thompson - Say what you like about his disposal, but he's one of our most important players. Certainly our most important midfielder. 33 possesions. 14 contested, the most on the ground. 9 Clearances, 8 Marks (I think) and 5 I50's. A dominant game, and quite clearly BOG in my view.

4 - Ben Rutten - Pantsed that big fairy Lloyd. Good to not have to see his antics with the grass for once. The w***er.

3 - Simon Goodwin - Great effort after being cleaned up big time. Responded very well after a poor game last week. 27 disposals, 13 contested. 5 Marks, 6 Tackles, 4 Clearances and 7 I50's. Stood up tall tonight, when others struggled.

2 - Nathan Bock - What a brilliant season he's having. At this stage he's the AA CHB by so far it isn't funny. Dominates his opponents in one on ones, then makes them look foolish/lazy by running of them at will and setting up our attacks. Most of us agreed last year, that he'd be the AA CHB if he played there on a regular basis, and so it has proved. Had another great game. Dominant in defence, 24 disposals springboarding our attacks. Such a vitally important player.

1 - Brett Burton - Would have been higher, but he made some shocking errors, to go with his moments of absolute brilliance. He worked incredibly hard tonight, always presenting across half forward. This was countered by some shocking disposal errors. Was very selfish in the first half I thought. But his extremely hard running and the moments of brilliance he provides went a long way towards us scraping home.

Apologies: Super Richie, Maric.

BTM

3 - Ben Rutten - As above

2 - Richard Douglas - Everyone knows I'm slightly (;)) biased towards Richie and his biggest fan, but he had a great game tonight. Good to see him getting involved more, his pressure was absolutely brilliant, and could've ended with 3 or more. 3 of his kicks were from "That" pocket though, which makes it difficult. To say I'm thrilled that he's starting to show what he's capable of is an understatement.

1 - Ivan Maric - Massive effort from Ivan tonight. Backing up his pretty good game from last week. Griffin got absolutely hammered into submission, so the pressure was really on Ivan. And he stood up absolutely magnificently. Has more than justified his selection in the last 2 weeks, and after having to slog it out in the SANFL for over a month, it's really, really pleasing to see him doing well.

ROTY

2 - Ivan Maric - As above.

POTY
5:
Scott Thompson - usually has high possession games but doesn't have an effect on the game he did last night however

4:
Brett Burton - was always threatening, played well, made a few mistakes, if it were a dry day match probably would of kicked 5 and will probably be his last votes for a while.

3: Simon Goodwin - was steady through the match fought back tough from an early knock and played a blinder in the 3rd Qtr

2: Nathan Bock - Stared early in the match generating some good run from the back lines faded out as the game went on but did shut down a half fit Scotty Lucas

hard choice but I bit the bullet and...
1:
Tyson Edwards - had a good game went in and under and got the hard ball and also got some handy clearances and was part of the trio along with Thommo and Goody that had an unreal 3rd Qtr. Was very critical of him last week and his challenge is to back it up next week against the Tigers

BTM
3:
Richard Douglas - great second efforts , fought all night for the footy and never gave up
2: Simon Goodwin - see above
1:
Ivan Maric - put in some great efforts around the ground, including some handy spoils

ROTY
2:
Ivan Maric - see above and also for his cocky sidestep on the fifty
1: Kurt Tippett - Only other rookie i saw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd 10 v Essendon

POTY:

5: Thompson
4: Burton
3: Bock
2: Goodwin
1: Maric

BTM:

3: Maric
2: Rutten
1: Douglas

ROTY:

2: Maric

Burton was fantastic for you guys last night...

Too bad he didn't kick too many goals...

I tried posting that Slattery did a really crap job on the bird man last night (On the EFC Board) and I got absolutly shat on for it! I'm now known as Mr.Slattery Hatter!

POTY:
5 - Thompson - gun - disappointing about the 2 holding the ball free kicks against though
4 - Goodwin - great second half in midfield
3 - Burton - the only lively forward
2 - Bock - great job on Lucas
1 - Porplyzia - popped up for 2 much needed goals

BTM:
3 - Douglas - missed all those shots at goal, but did get 1. inspirational tackles and mark in final quarter
2 - Stevens - great mark running back into a pack - eyes only for the ball and the team
1 - Maric - solidified his spot in the team as #1 ruck

ROTY:
2 - Maric - good job all round; even kicked a goal. officially our #1 ruckman
1 - Vince - played fairly well in midfield, but didn't hit the tackles when it counted

POTY:

5 - Scott Thompson: Extremely hard at the footy, as his 14 contested possessions indicated. Also had a tonne of the ball, and laid 6 tackles. Very hard to ignore. Our best on ground.

4 - Nathan Bock: It's just what we've come to expect really. His spoil on Lucas late in the last quarter was simply superb. He was so far behind, and yet somehow managed to get a clean fist to the ball. Extremely important one too because if Lucas had've dobbed that, we would've been behind.

3 - Ben Rutten: Was Matthew Lloyd playing last night? Kept him very quiet.

2 - Simon Goodwin: Great effort. He's one player you could see dig deep and do the hard things when it was needed. 13 contested possessions, 7 inside 50s and 27 possessions. Stood up tall when we need him.

1 - Brett Burton: Would've given him more, but like bus, I thought he wasted the ball too many times. Still, another very good game from him, he's in the form of his career.

BTM:

3 - Ben Rutten
2 - Ivan Maric
1 - Richard Douglas

ROTY:

2 - Ivan Maric

POTY:

5 - Scott Thompson: Extremely hard at the footy, as his 14 contested possessions indicated. Also had a tonne of the ball, and laid 6 tackles. Very hard to ignore. Our best on ground.

4 - Nathan Bock: It's just what we've come to expect really. His spoil on Lucas late in the last quarter was simply superb. He was so far behind, and yet somehow managed to get a clean fist to the ball. Extremely important one too because if Lucas had've dobbed that, we would've been behind.

3 - Ben Rutten: Was Matthew Lloyd playing last night? Kept him very quiet.

2 - Simon Goodwin: Great effort. He's one player you could see dig deep and do the hard things when it was needed. 13 contested possessions, 7 inside 50s and 27 possessions. Stood up tall when we need him.

1 - Brett Burton: Would've given him more, but like bus, I thought he wasted the ball too many times. Still, another very good game from him, he's in the form of his career.

BTM:

3 - Ben Rutten
2 - Ivan Maric
1 - Richard Douglas

ROTY:

2 - Ivan Maric

Same for me thanks.

5 - Thompson
4 - Bock
3 - Rutten
2 - Douglas
1 - Burton

3 - Rutten
2 - Bock
1 - Thompson

2 - Maric

POTY
5:
Scott Thompson - usually has high possession games but doesn't have an effect on the game he did last night however

4:
Brett Burton - was always threatening, played well, made a few mistakes, if it were a dry day match probably would of kicked 5 and will probably be his last votes for a while.

3: Simon Goodwin - was steady through the match fought back tough from an early knock and played a blinder in the 3rd Qtr

2: Nathan Bock - Stared early in the match generating some good run from the back lines faded out as the game went on but did shut down a half fit Scotty Lucas

hard choice but I bit the bullet and...
1:
Tyson Edwards - had a good game went in and under and got the hard ball and also got some handy clearances and was part of the trio along with Thommo and Goody that had an unreal 3rd Qtr. Was very critical of him last week and his challenge is to back it up next week against the Tigers

BTM
3:
Richard Douglas - great second efforts , fought all night for the footy and never gave up
2: Simon Goodwin - see above
1:
Ivan Maric - put in some great efforts around the ground, including some handy spoils

ROTY
2:
Ivan Maric - see above and also for his cocky sidestep on the fifty
1: Kurt Tippett - Only other rookie i saw

I like these. :thumbsu:

Same for me thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

VOTES rd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back