Toast VS Collingwood review megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Really enjoyed that, and agree on practically everything. Mate, your opinion on the club might not always align with the majority view on here, but this goes to show you put thought into your stance, and that's to be respected.

Crameri absolutely has to play. His pressure to create Koby's first goal was amazing, and he would have had nothing to his name in the stats for what he did.

some thoughts
after watching game

Tutt - has a future (his last goal was a watershed mark) tutt ran and demanded hands raised the ball -gut ran into a safe uncontested mark and never flinched kicking a "Beasley". :thumbsu: As obama once embraced "YES WE CAN"
Bont - solid, needs to learn to kick for goal, still fidgets and finesses sometime but will only become better
No Cooney No Boyd No worries
(nice to see young men doing the damage and taking up the slack of -(60-45) possessions)
Horvat- must play
Grant - best foot skills in the forward line huge in now hes got 2 afl games in him
Crameri - has to play nomatter the supercoach score for structure
Jones - still inconsistent in my books one game away from a shocker - if he can play 12 games without calls for him to be dropped i will reverse my judgement -he could get 3 touches next week and sook about at half forward trying to take mark of the year
Griffen - one step forward (maybe two)
Minson - good game -- energy level aggression and execution was great
Stevens - moneyball pick (too much upside to leave out of team) great game today
Liberatore - captain oh my future captain THE ONE TO LIFT THE CUP FIRST BOG
Austin - :thumbsu:

Solid across all lines with no real standout "weak link" as ball transitioned smoothly and with a confidence that was urged on by work rate. We could have lost but we were as good as they were all day and we won (hugely important).

a good day for all concerned:)

Was at a wake this evening for an extended family member just as the last quarter was coming to a close and it was impossible to not constantly check my phone then very difficult to not grin from ear to ear when I saw "final score" pop up. Got home and watched the replay in full even though I should have collapsed in bed. Best win for a long long time and the players and coaching staff ought to be congratulated. Bring on Port next week, would love to see us give them a big scare.

Amazing!

Everyone played well, bar maybe Crameri who was still able to play a role I thought.

Libba, Macrae, Jones, Bonts. Our young guys really stood up today and got us home in the end. Libba is an absolute jet, still hard to believe he only just turned 22.

Tutt was really good. He's one we've all been 50:50 on. What he brings with his pace, goal kicking and kicking in general is what we lack desperately and he always seems to be missing something. Things are really starting to click for him and it'd be brilliant if he was able to continue on with it.

Austin was brilliant too. Was really surprised that he was upgraded but he was another one who stood up big time today. Completely shut White out of the game.

I still feel like a goose for tipping Collingwood. Anyway I hope the Dogs come to play next week. It's been nearly 3 months since I've seen them live. Who else is going to the game? It would be nice to catch up in the cheer squad and make some noise :)

This really feels like a turning point for the Dogs, on and off the field.

Not only did we win, but we won on free-to-air TV, against the richest and most popular team in the league! Talk about exposure!

Not only that, but as mentioned earlier the small attendance for what was a Collingwood home game should show Mr MacLachlan that any team will struggle for numbers on a late Sunday slot. Mind you it was also not their usual home ground - a massive 4km away :rolleyes: - but if that's the only issue maybe they'll stop playing these teams' home games at the Docklands and give us the chance to play at the G a couple of times. (I don't know whether that would help us financially in any way, but it'd be good for me because I'm in the MCC :p)

I still feel like a goose for tipping Collingwood. Anyway I hope the Dogs come to play next week. It's been nearly 3 months since I've seen them live. Who else is going to the game? It would be nice to catch up in the cheer squad and make some noise :)
I tipped us by 55 (with just a tinge of sarcasm) on the podcast, so while we didn't reach those dizzying heights I'm quite pleased :p

I would absolutely love to come over, see the Dogs play Port and enjoy the surrounds of that amazing stadium, but unfortunately I'll be stuck back here watching it on TV. Make sure the cheer squad makes lots of noise, we know the Port supporters can!

Was at a wake this evening for an extended family member just as the last quarter was coming to a close and it was impossible to not constantly check my phone then very difficult to not grin from ear to ear when I saw "final score" pop up. Got home and watched the replay in full even though I should have collapsed in bed. Best win for a long long time and the players and coaching staff ought to be congratulated. Bring on Port next week, would love to see us give them a big scare.

I'd prefer we win lol

I tipped Collingwood and had a bet with a very optimistic Bulldogs supporter from work that we wouldn't win. I now owe him lunch but happy to be wrong ;)

Well we do have Port Adelaide, Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney yet to come. So we pretty much are yet to play a top four team (they are my top four predictions) So some big tests coming up, would love to win, but more importantly looking for a good contest, if we show we can match it with those teams, will give fans and players alike plenty of confidence as we close down the season and head into 2015

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be there!
Flying out of melbourne at 9am, returning back here at 9pm. Good ol' one day round trip! Looking forward to it.
Really looking forward to seeing the new stadium.

Just finished watching the game.

Macrae, seriously, wow. I can't remember a second year player having a year like this ever (for us). Special kid.

Liberatore:
34 disposals
23 contested possessions
10 tackles
13 clearances

Dear God
Great work Doggies. So my bet preseason on Libba for the Charlie is looking more inspired every week. His last five weeks have landed a gazillion SC points and he's predicted to top the ton in every match for the rest of the season! The guy is averaging 12 tackles per match in that time and surely must be getting a fair bit of notice from the umps. Perhaps just a small suspension for Gazza might be all I need to collect.

Great work Doggies. So my bet preseason on Libba for the Charlie is looking more inspired every week. His last five weeks have landed a gazillion SC points and he's predicted to top the ton in every match for the rest of the season! The guy is averaging 12 tackles per match in that time and surely must be getting a fair bit of notice from the umps. Perhaps just a small suspension for Gazza might be all I need to collect.
Should have had one already :mad:

some thoughts
after watching game

Tutt - has a future (his last goal was a watershed mark) tutt ran and demanded hands raised the ball -gut ran into a safe uncontested mark and never flinched kicking a "Beasley". :thumbsu: As obama once embraced "YES WE CAN"
Bont - solid, needs to learn to kick for goal, still fidgets and finesses sometime but will only become better
No Cooney No Boyd No worries
(nice to see young men doing the damage and taking up the slack of -(60-45) possessions)
Horvat- must play
Grant - best foot skills in the forward line huge in now hes got 2 afl games in him
Crameri - has to play nomatter the supercoach score for structure
Jones - still inconsistent in my books one game away from a shocker - if he can play 12 games without calls for him to be dropped i will reverse my judgement -he could get 3 touches next week and sook about at half forward trying to take mark of the year
Griffen - one step forward (maybe two)
Minson - good game -- energy level aggression and execution was great
Stevens - moneyball pick (too much upside to leave out of team) great game today
Liberatore - captain oh my future captain THE ONE TO LIFT THE CUP FIRST BOG
Austin - :thumbsu:

Solid across all lines with no real standout "weak link" as ball transitioned smoothly and with a confidence that was urged on by work rate. We could have lost but we were as good as they were all day and we won (hugely important).

a good day for all concerned:)
Excellent post, Ath. Agree with pretty much all of that.

Here's a few things I got wrong after last week: Bonts - thought he looked slow and lacking fitness, but he just worked harder and harder as the game progressed and was so creative. Big Will - thought he was lazy or sore, disrespectful of opponent and almost gone last week but he was back to his old self tonight. Griff - after some poor games, thought he looked completely out of form, lacked leadership and/or injured, but just a great captain's effort on one leg tonight.
I suppose we all got a few things wrong last week.
Not me lol ;) Just kidding

E
Why worry about his footy judgement, he was heavily involved in getting Needle the job at Melbourne, he's little more than B Grade celebrity value.
'Lone Wolf' (get me a bucket) likes to boost his footy credibility by repeatedly insinuating a team is no good and irrelevant in his MEDIA (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) jobs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast VS Collingwood review megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back