Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine we're a better chance of beating Sydney than we were against Geelong. Geelongs strengths exploit perfectly our weaknesses (gorilla forward and fast rebound exposing our inside mids), even still we were by far the better team on the night. Couldve won by 10, shouldve by 5 min.

Very pleased to see us take on the game and play aggressive for 4 quarters (bar some red time lapses)

:D:) agreed .... Before last night, I thought all along that the toughest game of the potential four that we would have is the last one, and that not because of the opponent but the atmosphere. Don't know how they will go if they get there.

He's cooked.

Bartel, Johnson not far behind.

I noticed Bartel about 5 times. Three of those were when he knocked someone off the ball. He's ready for a permanent gig wearing dresses at the retirement village.

Front row of N1, hope my man-love when the siren went was appreciated. Nearly flipped myself over the balcony on my way across the row. I was so fired up because of the loudmouth Geelong fan sitting with his kids in N2, blaming the umpires for everything that went wrong for the cats. Noticed he left pretty quickly.

As far as an autopsy goes, all I can say is HOW BLOODY GOOD WAS THAT!?!

Love this club
Same. Not sure if it was you or Mr Blonde but I think one of you is pregnant now after my reaction at the siren.

Negative - my throat is sore like it never has been. I think I swallowed razor blades.
Gonna be a long week in retail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm no.......there is NOT A SHADOW OF DOUBT we have been a better unit without him, since he went out we've been on fire. Congrats to the Rooboys on making a Prelim, a great effort and definate pass mark for the year now:thumbsu:........Ben Brown how good is this kid, wow standing up in finals already, Drew I've (rightly) been a critic of yours but the past 2 games are slowly changing my mind, you play SO MUCH better with a bit of c*** in you, a great team effort all round! Let's also give some credit to Leigh Tudor who I believe has had an enormous impact on our club's coaching stocks:thumbsu:
Turn it up fool.

A fit Hansen would have been a godsend last night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive effort to slay the dragon. An important win for the club - Pagan got it right when he said last night that this was a very important game for the clubs future. We had to show everyone that Jekyll is beating Hyde. A Prelim is the reward. We have shown we belong in the four. Now the real test will be showing that we belong in the two. Four quarters of our best footy can do it but that's the real challenge, isn't it?
I'm just so proud of what the boys have achieved so far. Everything after the win over the bombers is a bonus.
Rapt to be deep in bonus land.

Although I still don't believe it happened and am convinced I'm dreaming, and there's an incredible amount of praise I'd like to dish out to our players, I would like to make special mention of the Tomahawk's game.

We dished him up a fair amount of abuse from the outer in the first three quarters, but that last quarter was something special. He almost singlehandedly dragged his side across the line and we had nobody who could do a damn thing about it. A monster effort from him.

Selwood gets nothing. Whinging, contemptible, umpire magnet. Someone posted that he's the softest hard nut that's ever taken the field and I'n inclined to agree.

How good was that.

One of the best wins I can remember and that includes all of 90s wins.

Gibbo was great and didnt stop running all night
Dal was class with his precision skills
Goldy - oh goldy you really did tge job tonight and what about that mark.
Ziebs great clutch goals
Lmac and Sugar will be hardasses in the trenches for many years to come

we beat the handbaggers
we beat the maggots
we beat the system

We dished him up a fair amount of abuse from the outer in the first three quarters, but that last quarter was something special. He almost singlehandedly dragged his side across the line and we had nobody who could do a damn thing about it. A monster effort from him.

As someone who had the pleasure of watching Carey - yep it was immense. Thankfully it was not enough.

Although I still don't believe it happened and am convinced I'm dreaming, and there's an incredible amount of praise I'd like to dish out to our players, I would like to make special mention of the Tomahawk's game.

Selwood gets nothing. Whinging, contemptible, umpire magnet. Someone posted that he's the softest hard nut that's ever taken the field and I'n inclined to agree.
Tomahawk was my greatest concern all week, i think i said if he kicked 2 we would romp it in , he kicks 4 would be well held, if he kicked 6 we would be in trouble,

other mentions outside of my vote post.

Sam Wright has had a pretty good finals series so far, he has came of age i think.

Suger has poise beyond his years,

BB always giving the 2nd efforts / assists.

LT Heart of the club.

All credit to you blokes.

You made us look old, slow, sore, and second-rate during the first 3 quarters....you clearly set yourselves to be positive and take us on and it worked a treat. It would have been Daylight Robbery if we'd won, so no hesitation in giving you the two thumbs up :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Would MUCH rather see you go all the way than any of the others. Probably won't happen, but I'll be cheering you on.

Good stuff! :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back