Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations guys, good win!
Hard seeing Nicky Dal in your colours but I'm happy that he's playing well and winning finals with your boys.

Good luck for next week, I'd love to see you win again!

What a season this has been.

We've ridden the highs and lows of a "Jeckyll and Hyde" home and away season in which the forward line seemed never to gel, the midfield seemed never to be together and the defence suffered from injuries to key players. We rejoiced as we beat top teams and despaired at losing to bottom teams.

Nevertheless, we made the finals. The first half against Essendon was terrible and we looked like being unceremoniously bundled out of the finals series without so much as a whimper. But then ... that comeback!

The stats said we should not beat Geelong. Top 4 teams don't lose semi-finals; teams finishing 6th don't win them. But then ... that first quarter! We were up by four goals at half time and by the same amount at three quarter time. But then ... Hawkins! But then ... Goldstein! And now ... a Preliminary Final!

We've won six games in a row. We've beaten every team inside the top ten. We are four good quarters of football, (and make no mistake, it will take nothing less than that) from a Grand Final appearance.

What a season this has been.

Congratulations guys, good win!
Hard seeing Nicky Dal in your colours but I'm happy that he's playing well and winning finals with your boys.

Good luck for next week, I'd love to see you win again!

We're offering honourary North camaraderie memberships for a limited time for all those people that don't want to see Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo or Port win a premiership.

One of the best things about that performance is that so many players can play better. I mean Gibson, Dal and Goldy had pretty close to career (or at least career at North) best games but I thought that Wells, Levi, Boomer, Brown, J-Mac, Atley, Swallow, and LT all can perform at another level, maybe harsh on Boomer but he was good tonight, not prolific which he can be. If everyone plays to their best, or at least close, next week could be interesting. We do need Hansen back, and if J-Mac's out then Tippett too.

Well deserved win. You guys were the better team all night and it'd have been daylight (or floodlight) robbery if we got up at the end.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're offering honourary North camaraderie memberships for a limited time for all those people that don't want to see Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo or Port win a premiership.

If your boys or Port can make it I'd be excited :thumbsu: Like the way you go about it.
Wouldn't mind seeing Hawks win though if it means that they beat Freo or Sydney.

Tippett might need to warm up. Height needed next week. Grima was horrid.

However, I though half the team were well down
Beat Adelaide so everyone else gets a chance to make top 8 - check
Beat Essendon because they are filthy drug cheats - check
Beat Geelong because they are always umpire favourites - check
Beat Sydney due to COLA - pending
Beat the Hawkies - priority pick divers, injunctions - pending

Who gives a rats ring.......weve been waiting for this moment for a longgggg time.

We've officially entered our premiership window............we;re in our golden years with this group. And for those who never experienced this before......sit and enjoy the ride !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back