Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that's a bit unfair. Sure we were never going to win the premiership in 10000 years in 2007, but we did finish 3rd and beat Hawforn, so we deserved to be there, but **** we are so much better equipped this time around it isn't funny. The difference is night and day, so in that regard I get what you're saying when referring to the 90's.

Yep wasn't dissing the 2007 effort but realistically that was a team who overachieved for the talent level they had and full credit to them, whereas I reckon for the first time since that golden nineties era the current team has a feeling of real capability about them that makes you think on song we can beat anyone. Which is a great feeling to have again.

I dont believe they have the quality of tall defenders Geelong has, nor the rebound speed. They're more potent in attack granted, but its the pure beasts that hurt us most, not necessarily height. Those players that are just brutally strong - such and Hawkins and Cloak. Sure others can hurt us, but the monsters hurt us every time without fail.

You're not wrong there, it's two very different sides, it'll be interesting to see how we can adapt our game plan or whether we just go in with the attitude that our game plan can beat theirs (I don't know what's better but I'll trust the coaches on this one given they're professionals)

Only negative i have was getting the ****ing train home, what a ****ing nightmare.

Other then that, you ****ing BEAUTY!!!. First time attending a final, what an atmosphere what a feeling.

We are in a Prelim, we are in a ****ing Prelim!!

Nothing to fear next week boys, throw everything at them.

Front row of N1, hope my man-love when the siren went was appreciated. Nearly flipped myself over the balcony on my way across the row. I was so fired up because of the loudmouth Geelong fan sitting with his kids in N2, blaming the umpires for everything that went wrong for the cats. Noticed he left pretty quickly.

As far as an autopsy goes, all I can say is HOW BLOODY GOOD WAS THAT!?!

Love this club

I hope everyone is behaving themselves cos i am tanked

Prediction for next week? (needs to be we're* ;) ) - All jokes aside; Congrats on the win. Good Luck next week. Sydney in Sydney are dangerous.
I was too excited to be dealing with apostrophes. Quite pessimistic about next week but this season's a success, anything after the Elim final win was a bonus. One of my best mates is a Swans fan though, so I would love to get one over him.

Awesome, just awesome.

Just loved Goldy sticking it up most commentators, "Biclavs blitz" my arse.

Umpires did their best to get the pussies over the line, but it wasn't enough

Sugar is an animal

One of only two Vic teams still in it, and were in a prelim!

I don't want to hear drop Gibbo and sack Scotts again!

Cannot be prouder, so many heroes tonight, Goldy and Dal Santo super games.
Got the shakes after the game, footy can overwhelm you sometimes, it did big time tonight.
I'll just enjoy the week and register my membership barcode on Thursday JUST IN CASE.............

Good to see other fans also appreciate our win and enjoy Geelong's loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Front row of N1, hope my man-love when the siren went was appreciated. Nearly flipped myself over the balcony on my way across the row. I was so fired up because of the loudmouth Geelong fan sitting with his kids in N2, blaming the umpires for everything that went wrong for the cats. Noticed he left pretty quickly.

As far as an autopsy goes, all I can say is HOW BLOODY GOOD WAS THAT!?!

Love this club

Were you in seat 18? Your man love was warmly embraced! What a night!!

Could be worse. You could've turned into me when I liked watching Sailor Moon (I was under the age of 10 and Agro's Cartoon Connection was the best thing ever)

Still remember Teresa Livingstone dressed in sailor moon outfit...

On topic, well done tonight.

Were you in seat 18? Your man love was warmly embraced! What a night!!
That was me mate. Where were you? With the radio hanging of the fence? Was going to post on here to see who was around but couldn't get online, then battery went dead.

My Mrs. Was getting stuck in too and she is a Melbourne fan. Great night!

Loved that first quarter, and Jack in the last. Then it's a bit of a blur, a lot of relief, and one of the most fun post-games I can remember - leaning over the balcony on N with a whole lot of others, singing the song with supporters on the bottom level who were turning around and looking up at us. And then singing with the players, when it seemed like 40,000 of us sang as one. That felt like a home crowd, can't remember seeing so much blue and white and hearing so many of us in a big crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Vs Geelong (we effin' did it) Autopsy Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back