Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

This is my fear. The Adel final at the SCG seemed to cost us a fortune last year. I'm worried the AFL might force us to ANZ even if we don't play GWS.

Hoping not.
I thought the new contract mean't we played all games including home finals at the SCG for the next 30 years?

Just let gws play their finals at spotless and play ours at the scg.

If they host us oh well stiff **** for some fans i guess.
This is exactly correct. No more football at ANZ ever again. The field is simply not up to standard. Forgetting the ridiculousness of finding spikes out on the turf mid-game, it just isn't and has never been strong enough to play footy on. I went out to the Arsenal vs Sydney FC match and it was atrocious still. Players slipping all over the place; the ball bobbing off the uneven surface.

Swans home games including finals - SCG
Giants home games including finals - Spotless

The AFL made a mistake forcing the Swans to ANZ last year. Let's not allow spite to make them make another mistake this year.

PS - Spotless is a great stadium and ground!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's our best chance? Hoping Richmond do a Richmond against the saints in Roos last game?
I think both Fremantle and St Kilda are winnable for them against Richmond.

St Kilda has the added bonus of (assuming them and Melbourne do the business this week) killing off Hawthorn's hopes of making the 8.

Plus Port need to lose one of their next two too, or at least shed some off some percentage.

So I'm rooting for Fremantle and the Dogs this weekend. And Melbourne, just so it can knock out Hawthorn.

If Geelong lose to Collingwood and GWS lose to WCE this round (both unlikely), that would confirm top 4 for us assuming we beat Carlton. Because GWS and Geelong play in the last round, one of them has to lose, meaning we would overtake the loser :)

I think both Fremantle and St Kilda are winnable for them against Richmond.

St Kilda has the added bonus of (assuming them and Melbourne do the business this week) killing off Hawthorn's hopes of making the 8.
I like the fact that Saints v Richmond will be Roo's last game. If that doesn't lift a team, nothing will

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is exactly correct. No more football at ANZ ever again. The field is simply not up to standard. Forgetting the ridiculousness of finding spikes out on the turf mid-game, it just isn't and has never been strong enough to play footy on. I went out to the Arsenal vs Sydney FC match and it was atrocious still. Players slipping all over the place; the ball bobbing off the uneven surface.

Swans home games including finals - SCG
Giants home games including finals - Spotless

The AFL made a mistake forcing the Swans to ANZ last year. Let's not allow spite to make them make another mistake this year.

PS - Spotless is a great stadium and ground!
I would have thought that the surface is a relatively simple fix if that is your only complaint about playing at ANZ in the future. I can understand the complaints about it being in the middle of nowhere, dead atmosphere if there is not 80000 people there, not being home ground etc. but the surface is a weird thing to use to completely rule out a ground. It was not that long ago that people were complaining about the surface at the SCG and knee injuries because of it.

I would have thought that the surface is a relatively simple fix if that is your only complaint about playing at ANZ in the future. I can understand the complaints about it being in the middle of nowhere, dead atmosphere if there is not 80000 people there, not being home ground etc. but the surface is a weird thing to use to completely rule out a ground. It was not that long ago that people were complaining about the surface at the SCG and knee injuries because of it.

I'm pretty sure I'm not in a minority on this though. The ground just isn't good enough for sports that require changes of direction like footy and soccer, but is ok for the right codes. It's been a complaint the whole time that the Swans played there and it never improved. A lot of the reasoning was because it's such a multi purpose venue. Either way, the home teams in finals should always be able to play at their home ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back