Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey all,

Seeing as multiple people seem to have forgotten, abuse is against the rules of BF. Continuous, page long attacks directed at a single poster in this thread will result in threadbans for a week from this point; doing so again once you have returned will make the bans permanent and will be escalated to infractions.

This thread still has misinformation rules, and occasionally you will be asked to demonstrate a claim you have made by moderation. If you cannot, you will be offered the opportunity to amend the post to reflect that it's opinion, to remove the post, or you will be threadbanned and infracted for sharing misinformation.

Addendum: from this point, use of any variant of the word 'orc' to describe combatants, politicians or russians in general will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. If the behaviour continues, it will be escalated. Consider this fair warning.

Finally: If I see the word Nazi or Hitler being flung around, there had better have a good faith basis as to how it's applicable to the Russian invasion - as in, video/photographic evidence of POW camps designed to remove another ethnic group - or to the current Ukrainian army. If this does not occur, you will be threadbanned for posting off topic

This is a sensitive area, and I understand that this makes for fairly incensed conversation sometimes. This does not mean the rules do not apply, whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view.

Behave, people.

Last edited:
Interesting to see the state of Russia's national wealth fund in September, Last report in Sept 2023:

Took a massive hit to keep the Ukraine war going.

Putin also used gold reserves to fund Iranian military equipment purchases. Who knows how he is funding military purchases from North Korea.

oil

VIENNA, July 4 (Reuters) - For more than four months, U.S. envoys delivered increasingly shrill warnings to Austria's Raiffeisen Bank International (RBIV.VI), to scrap a deal they said had links to one of Russia's most powerful oligarchs. In May, Washington's patience snapped.
In a written ultimatum that landed on May 8 at the bank, its supervisor the European Central Bank and Austria's government, Washington threatened to curb Raiffeisen's access to the dollar, according to one person who has seen the letter, a potential death sentence for the biggest Western lender in Russia.
Within hours, Raiffeisen had called off the deal first announced in December, but the damage was done: by pushing Washington to the brink, the seeds of mistrust had been sown, said one person with knowledge of U.S. thinking.

The bank has repeatedly said it intends to get out of Russia, but can't say when that might happen.
"Instead of pulling back from Russia, Raiffeisen has spent more than two years looking for loopholes and gaps to get its money out," said Austrian lawmaker Tomaselli.

VIENNA, July 4 (Reuters) - For more than four months, U.S. envoys delivered increasingly shrill warnings to Austria's Raiffeisen Bank International (RBIV.VI), to scrap a deal they said had links to one of Russia's most powerful oligarchs. In May, Washington's patience snapped.
In a written ultimatum that landed on May 8 at the bank, its supervisor the European Central Bank and Austria's government, Washington threatened to curb Raiffeisen's access to the dollar, according to one person who has seen the letter, a potential death sentence for the biggest Western lender in Russia.
Within hours, Raiffeisen had called off the deal first announced in December, but the damage was done: by pushing Washington to the brink, the seeds of mistrust had been sown, said one person with knowledge of U.S. thinking.

The bank has repeatedly said it intends to get out of Russia, but can't say when that might happen.
"Instead of pulling back from Russia, Raiffeisen has spent more than two years looking for loopholes and gaps to get its money out," said Austrian lawmaker Tomaselli.
I watched a video not long ago from a Russian youtuber who mentioned the 2 or 3 remaining ways they can move money in and out of Russia (as average Joes) especially for foreigners who visit. Raiffaisen was one of those mentioned.

"The leaders reiterated their steadfast commitment to Ukraine, and the prime minister underscored that the U.K.'s support for Ukraine was unwavering," Starmer's office said in a statement.

… the party has gone to lengths to reassure NATO and other allies helping arm Kyiv that London will continue to regard Russia as a threat to Europe.

On Ukraine, Labour has pledged "steadfast" military, financial, diplomatic, and political support. Labour's manifesto also calls for helping lay out a path for Ukraine toward NATO membership.

... "There's very little daylight between their position and [that of] the Conservatives."

Last edited:
Post a link.
I don't understand why a team forum even has a thread for politics/Russian invasion.
We have two politics threads (three really) 2 and pretty much consist of RWNJs , cookers, facebook boomers (and Trump fans) and definitely people who believe Russian propaganda.

Not sure it is a reflection on Adelaide or how our board is moderated.

We have two politics threads (three really) 2 and pretty much consist of RWNJs , cookers, facebook boomers (and Trump fans) and definitely people who believe Russian propaganda.

I find it pretty odd.
Politics is frowned on the Hawks board, which is as it should be I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe at the time we split those threads, the reasons were given.

Don't bring team board modding discussions over here. Thanks.

Putin banging on every 10 seconds about being deceived by the west. [K1 TG]

Note the narrative continues that RF's expulsion from it's Kyiv vector in 2022 was a goodwill gesture: "... it withdrew troops from Kyiv in March 2022 to show its readiness to sign a peace agreement"
Just like the first time that they were kicked out of the Kharkiv area back to the border. The vatniks all screamed it was a goodwill gesture and it was all a feint.

Yet the blockheads decided it would be great to invade that same area again losing thousands of men and getting nowhere. When they get kicked out for the second time, the same vatniks will scream goodwill gesture and feint all once again.

I can show you exactly on the used-to-think-she-was-cool doll where Chicherina hurt me. But since seeing her in a 2022 photo op helping terrorists tear down a stele in a Ukrainian town - that opened my eyes a bit. Incredible that Brat 2 has music from both her and Zemfira in the same soundtrack, absolute polar opposites with one pro-genocide and the other against.

Gagarina is an odd one to be pro-Russian as her only decent song is a cover of a tune about a WW2 Soviet sniper hero, who was, of course, Ukrainian.

Apart from, Shaman, who's career is basically built on being apro-war identity, I don't know the other names.

I have some sadness in reporting that the group Leningrad seem to have succumbed to oppressure and recently been doing the Russian party line. You can still find plenty of anti-war Russian artists however they by and large don't go near Russia anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back