Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thread for discussing the War in Ukraine. Should you want to discuss the geopolitics, the history, or an interesting tangent, head over here:

If a post isn't directly concerning the events of the war or starts to derail the thread, report the post to us and we'll move it over there.

Seeing as multiple people seem to have forgotten, abuse is against the rules of BF. Continuous, page long attacks directed at a single poster in this thread will result in threadbans for a week from this point; doing so again once you have returned will make the bans permanent and will be escalated to infractions.

This thread still has misinformation rules, and occasionally you will be asked to demonstrate a claim you have made by moderation. If you cannot, you will be offered the opportunity to amend the post to reflect that it's opinion, to remove the post, or you will be threadbanned and infracted for sharing misinformation.

Addendum: from this point, use of any variant of the word 'orc' to describe combatants, politicians or russians in general will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. If the behaviour continues, it will be escalated. Consider this fair warning.

Finally: If I see the word Nazi or Hitler being flung around, there had better have a good faith basis as to how it's applicable to the Russian invasion - as in, video/photographic evidence of POW camps designed to remove another ethnic group - or to the current Ukrainian army. If this does not occur, you will be threadbanned for posting off topic

This is a sensitive area, and I understand that this makes for fairly incensed conversation sometimes. This does not mean the rules do not apply, whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view.

Behave, people.

Last edited:

Its weird that with Ukraine on the offence we still don't have amy videos or pictures of Ukranians doing horrible things to Russians.

But Russians continue to target children. I thought that aiming at hospitals and schools was normal ?

You may give the Russian thugs the idea - false flag attacks and blame Ukraine

China deals a trade blow to Russia :)

Russia-China trade is reportedly being further complicated as exporters in the world's second-largest economy seek indirect routes to skirt international sanctions imposed to hamper Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Russian newspaper Izvestia cited local business representatives as saying that Chinese firms, especially those exporting products subject to Western secondary sanctions such as electronics, have been seeking to ship them through third countries.

Last edited by a moderator:

China deals a trade blow to Russia :)

Russia-China trade is reportedly being further complicated as exporters in the world's second-largest economy seek indirect routes to skirt international sanctions imposed to hamper Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Russian newspaper Izvestia cited local business representatives as saying that Chinese firms, especially those exporting products subject to Western secondary sanctions such as electronics, have been seeking to ship them through third countries.
They've been going through UK companies for ages. They have had very bad company ownership recording practices for years.

Can someone give their thoughts on why Russia doesnt ask for Chinese, Nth Korean, Iranian or Wagner troops to come in as “Peace keepers” to repel the Ukrainian offensive?

Ukraine is surrounded by NATO members and NATO wont risk sending troops to help and any country that sends troops to Ukraine risked being dragged in to the war, but what risk is there to the countries i mentioned helping Russia? They are already arming them.

I would have thought Belarus would have sent troops too.
I suspect that would be a very dangerous move for him. I think there is a lot of sympathy for Ukraine in the Belorussian military, so if he sends them in, and they refuse, what then?

Might be difficult for him to ask Russia to send in the military to help him quell Belorussia, at a time they need him to help them.

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think there is a lot of sympathy for Ukraine in the Belorussian military, so if he sends them in, and they refuse, what then?
I don't it is necessarily the case the Belorussian military has sympathy for Ukraine. More so that they might not think that their current pay and conditions are worth dying for.

The Belorussian military have no qualms in following orders to attack unarmed civilian protestors. Going to war with well armed Ukraine soldiers would be very different prospect. This could cause the military to rapidly re-assess the value of the democratic process.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another day, another fuel tank of that oil depot in Rostov exploding.

Now sits alongside the Great Wall of China as two things that can be seen from space.

These guys forgot to get a visa before travelling. Lol

Ruskies push in the east is gaining momentum according to reports.
Well, momentum itself is probably static. There had been increased momentum about a week ago and now its slowed a little. Speed of gains is actually slowing (but that's not really meaningful as RF advances are reaching more difficult areas through which to progress). The critical nature of the areas approached is important, so not so much the gains have increased momentum, but the status is of heightened importance.

Just over the last day or two, Ukrainian counters there have grown in number and success, but also I wouldn't say momentum has shifted at all.

It's all about Potrovsk, 6 miles away from the current frontline. There's also Toretsk, and New York (which fell into Russian hands and then part of it was regained again).

Super complicated to sum up as momentum, I wouldn't say momentum has changed much at all, but the nature of the risk has increased as the crawl has continued closer to Potrovsk. The town has given its citizens a pretty stern chat about relocating.

By the way there's references to the Pentagon greenlighting use of American weapons within Kursk region but I think people are joining dots that aren't there. Two TG channels said USA have okayed it, basing it on a briefing/q&a by Sabrina Singh, but I looked up the full press q&a and I don't see it. (Unless there's been another one, this one is 3 days old):

NOEL Reports made this claim and I've seen it repeated elsewhere. I think they are spotlighting the wording too semantically:

It is so bloody depressing having Ukraine not be allowed to use weapons inside Russia. It really does stink of the US wanting to draw this war out as long as possible.

It's all good. Independent People's Republics of Belgorod & Kursk are no longer Russian territory.

It's all good. Independent People's Republics of Belgorod & Kursk are no longer Russian territory.
This is what’s frustrating me so much. Ukraine are literally invading Russia but apparently striking military targets would be an escalation. It’s complete bullshit. The only possible acceptable excuse would be the Democrats have to win the election first.

This is what’s frustrating me so much. Ukraine are literally invading Russia but apparently striking military targets would be an escalation. It’s complete bullshit. The only possible acceptable excuse would be the Democrats have to win the election first.
This has more to do with Jake Sullivan and Antony Blinkin calling the shots on behalf of the USA (and Biden following them as he has no idea). For whatever reason they are cautious even like you say all those red lines are BS.

Rumours are if Harris wins she will replace these two muppets and install her own people who hopefully are more sympathetic to Ukraine's cause.

Remove this Banner Ad

Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back