Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thread for discussing the War in Ukraine. Should you want to discuss the geopolitics, the history, or an interesting tangent, head over here:

If a post isn't directly concerning the events of the war or starts to derail the thread, report the post to us and we'll move it over there.

Seeing as multiple people seem to have forgotten, abuse is against the rules of BF. Continuous, page long attacks directed at a single poster in this thread will result in threadbans for a week from this point; doing so again once you have returned will make the bans permanent and will be escalated to infractions.

This thread still has misinformation rules, and occasionally you will be asked to demonstrate a claim you have made by moderation. If you cannot, you will be offered the opportunity to amend the post to reflect that it's opinion, to remove the post, or you will be threadbanned and infracted for sharing misinformation.

Addendum: from this point, use of any variant of the word 'orc' to describe combatants, politicians or russians in general will be deleted and the poster will receive a warning. If the behaviour continues, it will be escalated. Consider this fair warning.

Finally: If I see the word Nazi or Hitler being flung around, there had better have a good faith basis as to how it's applicable to the Russian invasion - as in, video/photographic evidence of POW camps designed to remove another ethnic group - or to the current Ukrainian army. If this does not occur, you will be threadbanned for posting off topic

This is a sensitive area, and I understand that this makes for fairly incensed conversation sometimes. This does not mean the rules do not apply, whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view.

Behave, people.

Last edited:
The answer to both these things is the same. Military spending to maintain/expand NATO capabilities and fight wars is tremendously beneficial to the US.

In the current Ukraine war they have the perfect situation - the money rolls in while some other country gets wrecked and their young men killed, while their eternal enemy Is being weakened more the longer it goes on. They don't want a quick win for either side.
Finally someone with some sense my god there are some gormless wits but when I look at whom they support is it any wonder.

Lara from Qld has been volunteering in Lviv, recently she attended the Bazilevich funerals on Wednesday. Only the dad survived the Russian attack on civilian districts of the city. She recorded a piece for the Telegraphs podcast "Ukraine, The Latest".

I pinched the audio from [the podcast]
photo_2024-09-07_08-05-33.jpg
GWzPl2kXMAANZR4.jpeg

Here is an earlier post detailing the atrocity: [Andriy Sadovy TG]
After today's attack, only the man in this photo remains alive.
His wife Yevgeniya and their three daughters - Yaryna, Darina and Emilia - died in their own home.

Yaryna Bazilevich stands behind.
The girl was 21 years old. She worked in our office "Lviv - Youth Capital of Europe 2025".
In the center of Europe, Russia exterminates whole families of Ukrainians.
Russians are killing our children, our future.

I don't know what words to support Yaroslav. Today we are all with you.
Sincere condolences and bright memory🕯️

A Twitter post re the funeral for those who can't work with Telegram: [NextA Channel]

A couple of general notes:

Ukraine does continue to advance in the Kursk oblast of the RF, though the pace of the operation is definitely much slower than earlier weeks. RF has delivered potentially as much as 60k troops to the region in an attempt to counter the advancement. Settlements of Pogrebky, Orlovka, Naydenov, Maryevka and Nechaev now reportedly under Ukrainian control. The Koronevo area is pretty static.

Pokrovsk salient has slowed to pretty much a halt the last couple of days. Doesn't mean a lot unless it remains static for a longer period of time, but recent Ukrainian counter-offensives have made a difference. Small areas of the Russian advance have reportedly reversed marginally, for eg around Niu York. Azov's 12th Special Purpose Brigade have been assigned the task around Niu York and changed the flow a lot. The Kara-Dag brigade have effected a stalemate since assignment to other areas of the salient.

RF continues to gradually make some forward movement around Vuhledar.

Belarus shot down a couple of stray Russian lancets over its territory.

A civilian woman in the Sudzha was endangered by a difficult childbirth at which time Ukrainian forces relocated her to medical services in Sumy. After successful childbirth and stabilisation she and her child were returned to Sudzha (presumably at her request). (One good news moment among all the war news).

A lot of so called educated people didn't share the same sentiment.
What educated people? Russia doesn't have the industrial base to compete with nato. Putin might want revive the Russian empire but he's not suicidal.
Well, it would help if Ukraine weren't so hamstrung by the restrictions imposed on it by countries like the US. Give them everything they need and allow them to fight fire with fire. Then we will know if it can happen. At the very least it will give them a fighting chance to push the Russians out, rather than this drip feeding them scraps here and there.
So a long war of attrition is what you are after?

So a long war of attrition is what you are after?
Well if you don't want to be eradicated as a people, and the eradicator won't kindly stop eradicating, and your friends will get behind you with barely "thoughts and prayers", then yes, that's what Ukraine considers necessary for survival.

Pool was being paid $100,000 a week for 4 videos a week. If RT wants to pay me say say $2,500 per post, I would create a new account and post whatever they wish on bigfooty. RT PM me.

They offered Chief 50k monthly.

Smart man turned it down. Imagine instead of the tenet scandal it was the bigfooty Russian disinformation scandal down under!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They offered Chief 50k monthly.

Smart man turned it down. Imagine instead of the tenet scandal it was the bigfooty Russian disinformation scandal down under!!
It would have just been because I was duped.

Which is why the narrative that Russia has to be stopped in Ukraine or they'll invade NATO members next is bollocks.
You realise that the reason that argument is bollocks is because they got stopped in Ukraine right?

If they had walked through Ukraine in 2 weeks and parked an army near Poland, would it be bollocks then?

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app

You realise that the reason that argument is bollocks is because they got stopped in Ukraine right?

If they had walked through Ukraine in 2 weeks and parked an army near Poland, would it be bollocks then?

On SM-A346E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Russia is Belarus' largest and most important economic and political partner.

No wonder the life expectancy of Russians is lower than some 3rd world countries (and its not just because they have hundreds of thousands of soldiers dying).

Not one of them questions if this is a bright idea. Their IQ’s seem to match their ages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 4 - thread rules updated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back