List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Official whipping boy status confirmed. Imagine getting this frothy about a young player when we have far too many spuds ahead of him getting games. Especially a young player consistently being played out of position.
I just love schoey sees what I and alot of others see. Not much. Love he is not been given gameez. Trew shows more. Although unlucky today.

Brander had a few games with GWS until they were belted. Their coach openly stated the didn't bring physical intensity and were weak in that gamer. Brander didn't play another game. Not just the eagles!!
Chesser and brander. Potential unlimited no ticker!

He's been dishing up 5 possession games all year. He's clearly a spud. Given he was taken high, he will see out his contract. But if he was taken in the 30s or 40s, he'd be gone
Wow someone else agrees!! I got banned for having an opinion on him before
Spud alright. New coach new eyes

Wow someone else agrees!! I got banned for having an opinion on him before
Spud alright. New coach new eyes
You got banned because you brought Chesser up in almost every Eagle thread.

And your running mate will get the same treatment if he does it as well.

It’s tedious reading your opinion on one player every day.

I was at the WAFL game yesterday and the boys were warming up right next to me as the auskick games were being played.

Seeing Chesser close up, he is a good size and a solid frame already. I haven't given up hope yet, but our player development is abysmal and it has to be largely in part to our WAFL set up, playing players out of position given there is no reserves set up either.

He's clearly being played out of position.

What should've happened is that he played WAFL in his actual position of onball/inside mid, instead of being played in a role he's clearly not cut out for.

I mean, Shuey even said before the Saints game that they see him as an inside mid themselves but they only gave him one CBD before subbing him off.

He was doing very well there last WAFL game he played, before having his nose smashed in, so hopefully he can get a decent run at that role and when they bring him back into the AFL side, they actually play him in that role.

The club has a terrible tendency to shoehorn players into roles they aren't suited for, just to give them exposure in the seniors.

At least they're finally giving Trew a crack at it.

Terrible development IMO.
?
He's only ever played as a winger or as an unaccountable hb flank. Its obvious that nearly any AFL listed player can play as a onballer at lower levels based on the fat they are full time athletes.
But at the top some just don't cut it. If, as a midfielder, you can get 20 possessions and don't do a lot else that's essentially average/below average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Sheppard taught me a valuable lesson in writing off players early in their careers.
If you had of said on this board 2 years into his career that he'd become of the stingiest/toughest defenders in the league in his prime you'd have been laughed at.

Now this doesn't happen for everyone, but i'm not writing off Chesser 30 games into his career playing in the worst West Coast side of all time.

Brad Sheppard taught me a valuable lesson in writing off players early in their careers.
If you had of said on this board 2 years into his career that he'd become of the stingiest/toughest defenders in the league in his prime you'd have been laughed at.

Simmo was massive for multiple careers when he started, like Shep and Gov, here's hoping the next coach does the same.

Now this doesn't happen for everyone, but i'm not writing off Chesser 30 games into his career playing in the worst West Coast side of all time.

Same shit happened with Masten, Ebert and Scooter. Especially Masten as Palmer had a good start in his first season. All 3 turned out to be decent players in the end that contributed to our rise back up to the top.

Some players just need 4-5 pre-seasons before they feel comfortable playing at AFL level while some are good to go from day one.

Same shit happened with Masten, Ebert and Scooter. Especially Masten as Palmer had a good start in his first season. All 3 turned out to be decent players in the end that contributed to our rise back up to the top.

Some players just need 4-5 pre-seasons before they feel comfortable playing at AFL level while some are good to go from day one.
Apart from some big gangly ruck types who's going to give a player with a modest background 4-5 pre-seasons to show they'll make it?

Last edited:
Probably his 3rd actual one, his first year was ruined by injury

IIRC, he completed his first pre-season after he was drafted but suffered the season ending injury against the Dockers in the first pre season game, so, I was saying 4th pre-season on that basis, but your point is actually fair too in regards to his development.

Apart from some big gangly ruck types who's going to give a player with a modest background 4-5 pre-seasons to show theylmake it?
It's a fine line, don't give them enough chances they're abused for not giving enough chances. Keep on the list too long,abused for keeping on the list too long

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Welcome Campbell Chesser (Pick 14, 2021 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back