Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is if people want to bag out players, don’t be selective.

18 or not he was one of our worst and put in efforts that were hard to call anything but squibbing.

The kid has talent and should be a gun, but people bagging out others need to take off the rose coloured glasses.

He had 18 kicks yesterday and the Swans kicked 18 points. He took most of the kick outs so do the math.

If you are going to shitcan players, shitcan all the players that were horrible, not because they aren’t your favourites.
We should shitcan the experienced players

We should shitcan the experienced players
Shitcan whoever you want, but I find it annoying that it seems the same names seem to win the shitcanning popularity contest.

Our talented young players shouldn’t be immune from criticism. Especially when they were as poor as McKercher yesterday. You could even lump in Wardlaw who tried, but was super fumbly. Even Sheezel had some really poor moments.

But surprise surprise, everyone wants to blame the same players for a poor loss, without recognising that some of our fancied young talent had horrible games as well.

I expected pretty much exactly what took place. The alignment of them due for a big one and us a down one. I'm just curious to see if we can snap out of it or it takes a few weeks (or years). Not wrapt about facing Carlton again. They match up too well against us.

Also, why does 50m at the SCG look about 25?
Because a 50 at the SCG could take you from FB to FF.

Dumbest ground since Norwood.

McKercher was in our worst. Butchered the crap out of it and was weak around the contest.

Don’t let kick out stats cloud judgement on his performance.
Agree . He really got exposed yesterday. He’s only 18 & is going to be a superstar but on yesterdays performance. He needs to make way (not necessarily dropped ) but in that position for Fisher . Put him on a wing for Stevens

Tackles against Swans - 45
Av Tackles since the bye round - 67

Turnovers against Swans - 72
Av Turnover since the bye round - 67

If the Swans had kicked straight they would have tonned up against us.

Midfield were taken to school by a much harder unit. Hopefully they took lots of notes where to improve in future games.

We needed a big bodied mid in there to shoulder some of the load. Last time we played them (2023) Greenwood has 8 tackles and 13 contested possessions. If you are going to play Shields for experience, then perhaps they just picked the wrong old guy to play on that ground yesterday. I watched Hugh in the 2nds. Such a competitor and giving his all for the club and mentoring the young guys on the bench. Saw he come off the ground after one rotation like he had just finished a marathon.

Tackles against Swans - 45
Av Tackles since the bye round - 67

Turnovers against Swans - 72
Av Turnover since the bye round - 67

If the Swans had kicked straight they would have tonned up against us.

Midfield were taken to school by a much harder unit. Hopefully they took lots of notes where to improve in future games.

We needed a big bodied mid in there to shoulder some of the load. Last time we played them (2023) Greenwood has 8 tackles and 13 contested possessions. If you are going to play Shields for experience, then perhaps they just picked the wrong old guy to play on that ground yesterday. I watched Hugh in the 2nds. Such a competitor and giving his all for the club and mentoring the young guys on the bench. Saw he come off the ground after one rotation like he had just finished a marathon.

Cannot figure Greenwood’s omissions tbh. Even if they rotate Shiel week in week out

McKercher was in our worst. Butchered the crap out of it and was weak around the contest.

Don’t let kick out stats cloud judgement on his performance.

He wasn’t on his pat malone.

Horse put a lot of time into he and Sheezel.

CD still had Colby’s game above Harry’s.

It was Harry’s worst game of his career according to CD and so bad under their ratings model it could kill off his AA chances.

He wasn’t on his pat malone.

Horse put a lot of time into he and Sheezel.

CD still had Colby’s game above Harry’s.

It was Harry’s worst game of his career according to CD and so bad under their ratings model it could kill off his AA chances.
I never said he was alone. I was referring to posters blaming the usual suspects while letting poor performances from our young talented players go unchecked.

The quicker we can move on from players like McDonald, Tucker, Pink, Teakle, Stephens, Taylor and Shiels the better off we’ll be.

These guys have their moments, but ultimately they're just below average AFL players.
Thought this game showed exactly how much workload Sheezel, Wardlaw, McKercher, Xerri and a couple of others have been shouldering. They were all a touch down on the last month and unfortunately the supporting act showed why they're the supporting act outside of a few reliable players.

BTW met a friend of a friend at the end of some drinks last night and was pissing myself talking about Heeney's post 9/11 esque media release. Bloke was a Swans supporter and cracked the sads with me. Imagine your team is top of the ladder and just won by 10+ goals and you're crying because your player missed a game for being a derp.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is what it is. I’m sure we’ll have a rousing 2 point win against Richmond sometime soon and everything will be roses again
🤣 Hopefully. I am coming across as more chilled than you, Spud. However, every sentiment you’ve expressed in this thread was played out vociferously by me on the couch during the second quarter yesterday. To such an extent that my wife left the room in disgust…

🤣 Hopefully. I am coming across as more chilled than you, Spud. However, every sentiment you’ve expressed in this thread was played out vociferously by me on the couch during the second quarter yesterday. To such an extent that my wife left the room in disgust…

I just thought these dudes were past stinkers like this. Yknow? I thought we had a base line for reasonable expectation of effort.

I know they’re young, it’s Sydney, it’s SCG, the roof was off, the wind was bad, their juices were spiked, their undies were on backwards, their Horlicks wasn’t hot enough.. But fair dinkum, when do the excuses stop?

Please, nobody list any excuses. We had a full team that we were happy with on paper, add to that Wardlaw, and the team chose not to go hard.

Sydney aren’t the globetrotters of football, not long ago they were quite average and back with the pack. Even Richmond showed this year they’re beatable. Even Saints did!

When are we going to grow the **** up as a footy club? 😂

But seriously - when?

I know they’re young, it’s Sydney, it’s SCG, the roof was off, the wind was bad, their juices were spiked, their undies were on backwards, their Horlicks wasn’t hot enough.. But fair dinkum, when do the excuses stop?
Root and branch rebuild like we did?

Took Carlton 10 years between finals series. Took Melbourne 12.

We are at year 8 of the dark times.

So we should be there abouts 2-4 years time.

It is too consuming to get bent out of shape after every poor loss. There are going to be more of them.

I’d suggest taking a longer term view and tempering your own expectations.

I just thought these dudes were past stinkers like this. Yknow? I thought we had a base line for reasonable expectation of effort.

Please, nobody list any excuses. We had a full team that we were happy with on paper, add to that Wardlaw, and the team chose not to go hard.

Sydney aren’t the globetrotters of football, not long ago they were quite average and back with the pack. Even Richmond showed this year they’re beatable. Even Saints did!

But seriously - when?
In fairness, half our team hasn’t started shaving yet. Growing up is a matter of time - literally. 🤣

Root and branch rebuild like we did?

Took Carlton 10 years between finals series. Took Melbourne 12.

We are at year 8 of the dark times.

So we should be there abouts 2-4 years time.

It is too consuming to get bent out of shape after every poor loss. There are going to be more of them.

I’d suggest taking a longer term view and tempering your own expectations.

If it makes people feel better to benchmark against the W.O.A.T teams, that’s fine.
I’d prefer the Collingwood method of shifting the narrative around them within a year and becoming a force.

Or the Geelong and Sydney method of never bottoming out and always being a threat.

But we can go on making excuses for poor performances. That’s cool. I’m sure it’ll work out fine.

But seriously - when?
I don't think it's realistic to expect. Even Brisbane and Geelong (both in the top 3) have had 9+ goal losses this year.

Yeah nah, not acceptable and not buying it. But I’ll see y’all at the 25 year reunion of only just beating Gold Coast.

If it makes people feel better to benchmark against the W.O.A.T teams, that’s fine.
What do you think we have been?

We’re statistically worse than either two I mentioned.
I’d prefer the Collingwood method of shifting the narrative around them within a year and becoming a force.
The Collingwood side that missed finals for like a year?

We are incomparable to that. For many reasons. Look at recruiting for a start. They can draw much more than we can.

Or the Geelong and Sydney method of never bottoming out and always being a threat.
Again Geelong not comparable given their ability to attract talent.

Sydney have completely worked the northern academy to their favour.

Again we are not comparable to these sides who have cores of finals players.

But we can go on making excuses for poor performances. That’s cool. I’m sure it’ll work out fine.
What excuses?

We stripped out all experience and replaced it with bits and pieces and kids.

We’ve been a dumpster fire (no of the clubs you’ve listed were that) off field

It won’t be till those kids grow that we are going to rise.

But if you want to make unrealistic comparisons to set your expectations then throw the toys out of the cot when they don’t meet your expectations by all means go nuts.

Fire up another sack Clarko thread while you’re at it.

What do you think we have been?

We’re statistically worse than either two I mentioned.

The Collingwood side that missed finals for like a year?

We are incomparable to that. For many reasons. Look at recruiting for a start. They can draw much more than we can.

Again Geelong not comparable given their ability to attract talent.

Sydney have completely worked the northern academy to their favour.

Again we are not comparable to these sides who have cores of finals players.

What excuses?

We stripped out all experience and replaced it with bits and pieces and kids.

We’ve been a dumpster fire (no of the clubs you’ve listed were that) off field

It won’t be till those kids grow that we are going to rise.

But if you want to make unrealistic comparisons to set your expectations then throw the toys out of the cot when they don’t meet your expectations by all means go nuts.

Fire up another sack Clarko thread while you’re at it.

The poetry of a full time low-aiming struggler 🥱 spare me.

But seriously - when?
If you know they're young why are you surprised they haven't grown up yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Well beaten v swamsn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back