What Will Minson said to Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

First of all, this has been know for years. But I didn't know Will included the word "dying" in what he said. I thought he said "shouldn't you be home with your son"? Either way, really ordinary from will. I'd have knocked him out if he said that to me.

I thought everyone was already aware of this unless I'm thinking of the incident between Minson and Danyle Pearce a few years back when he was playing for Port but it's a terrible sledge though.

As Rocket Eade said a few years back, Minson is "the dumbest smart bloke in the AFL".

Shit thing to say, up there with the worst sledges i've heard. Bloke loves the chance to get inside people's heads but that is definitely over the line.

But the Pearce one.. I'm sure its not the first time a player's mum has been used as a sledge. Not a great look either way.

Gotta love the "Id have knocked him out" calls though, Minson would eat anyone ITT for breakfast.

Worse one was Steve Waugh on Chris Cairns, 'toot toot'.

Yep, that one was absolutely disgraceful if true. The Aussies still deny it though.

The other one that comes to mind was Worsfold allegedly sledging a Hawthorn player about his father committing suicide.

Yep, that one was absolutely disgraceful if true. The Aussies still deny it though.

The other one that comes to mind was Worsfold allegedly sledging a Hawthorn player about his father committing suicide.

Not involving death, but still pretty deeply cutting and personal, was "Walk like your wife did" said to Alec Stewart by a member of the Australian cricket team, after his wife left him for his best mate.

If it didn't happen. how did the rumour start? Waugh was a coward, batted at 5 to boost his average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shit thing to say, up there with the worst sledges i've heard. Bloke loves the chance to get inside people's heads but that is definitely over the line.

But the Pearce one.. I'm sure its not the first time a player's mum has been used as a sledge. Not a great look either way.

Gotta love the "Id have knocked him out" calls though, Minson would eat anyone ITT for breakfast.
Yes indeed. In fact instead of having boxing matches and UFC fights we should just have a line up and give the title to the biggest/tallest guy. (Not that you have any idea how big any of the said posters are) o_O

This has come to light as Kane is releasing a book, and it will be a bloody good read, especially to South Aussies who know the Cornes family and their story. I know him personally and he is just the best, most decent of human beings. Whereas Minson is clearly a complete campaigner.

Minson is a moron of the highest order. Absolute waste of space - on oxygen thief.
Yeah... he may have some thuggish qualities but he is a very intelligent and sophisticated AFL player. And I'm sure he'd understand that you can't steal oxygen. What he said was very bad, but do your research before you call him a moron.

If it didn't happen. how did the rumour start?

Dunno, but after doing a bit more googling I've found numerous mentions that Cairns himself denied it ever happened in his book.

Haven't found the actual passage from the book anywhere though.

Remove this Banner Ad

What Will Minson said to Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back