What Will Minson said to Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

see, i commented that the tough guys in this thread saying they'd knock him out were probably getting a bit carried away, but feel free to continue talking complete bs.
No you said that Will would "eat them for breakfast"
These people who you don't know, and you wouldn't have a faintest clue as to weather or not they could take on Will. So you were the one speaking 'complete BS'.
I called you out on it, that's all.

I love the simpletons that come out and say if you do some good things you can't be a crap person. It's called deflection.

The push up king does something good for a sick kid, totally absolves him from his out there in your face support for violent drug pushing criminals. Bikies do a Santa Christmas toy run and the mafia goes to church on Sunday's.

Unfair comparisons you may say, but stands above your "but he does charity" rubbish.

And I love simpletons who think good people can't do bad things. Read about Red Dust Role models and tell me that what he does is outweighed by bad comments on a football field. He has travelled for the last 9 years to places such as India, Fiji and outback Australia to help people. What he does is above and beyond ... what have you done that's so amazing??? You spend your summers helping people in remote communities sniffing petrol? Go in to classrooms in India to teach about sanitation??

If you have done half of what he has for the less fortunate you should feel very proud

Of course it would be hell, so what? Even more reason to be by his side. Imagine what his son would be going through, yet his Dad is off playing football instead of being by his side.

How would it all have gone down if his son actually died whilst Cornes was off playing footy?

Minson asked a bloody good question.

So what did you think of Sam Mitchell sledging the Essendon players with the injecting gesture?

Is everything fair game on the footy field?

Its been seven years and there's no new information, only reason to bring it back up is to give Kane something to talk about and drag Minson's name through the mud again.

He was/is a flog and was dealt with at the time, no need to go over it again.

I love the simpletons that come out and say if you do some good things you can't be a crap person. It's called deflection.

The push up king does something good for a sick kid, totally absolves him from his out there in your face support for violent drug pushing criminals. Bikies do a Santa Christmas toy run and the mafia goes to church on Sunday's.

Unfair comparisons you may say, but stands above your "but he does charity" rubbish.

And I love simpletons who think good people can't do bad things. Read about Red Dust Role models and tell me that what he does is outweighed by bad comments on a football field. He has travelled for the last 9 years to places such as India, Fiji and outback Australia to help people. What he does is above and beyond ... what have you done that's so amazing that allows you to say he's a crap bloke????

Perhaps the problem is that you can't think of people and the world in black and white. This isn't a Saturday morning cartoon where we have "goodies" and "baddies". Everyone has nuances to their character and separate sets of values that inform their actions. People also sometimes make mistakes and errors in judgement.

Perhaps the problem is that you can't think of people and the world in black and white. This isn't a Saturday morning cartoon where we have "goodies" and "baddies". Everyone has nuances to their character and separate sets of values that inform their actions. People also sometimes make mistakes and errors in judgement.

I agree with you. He's not a saint but its very easy to read a story about a shit act he did 6 years ago and decide he's a shit bloke without really having any idea what he's like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No you said that Will would "eat them for breakfast"
These people who you don't know, and you wouldn't have a faintest clue as to weather or not they could take on Will. So you were the one speaking 'complete BS'.I called you out on it, that's all.
Oh that's right - I forgot how many MMA fighters and pro boxers we have scouring bigfooty on a saturday night, weird thing to call "someone out" about, but whatever floats your boat I guess. Let me guess, youd knock him out too would you? :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't feel any sledges should be condoned. Failing that, I don't see how anyone should be able to dictate what is or isn't acceptable.

There's degrees to everything in life.

We shouldn't condone anyone laying their hands on a stranger, but that doesn't mean pushing someone in the chest should be treated the same as king-hitting them from behind.

Considering he was so desperate to get away from footy mid-season for the "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity to be a firefighter, it's interesting that he's already able to get time off from training/working to flit off to Melbourne to do a TV interview about his footy career.

To be fair though, apart from this incident, being Graham Cornes' son, and his general longevity/consistency, there's not really that much particularly interesting to discuss about Kane Cornes' career. He was a fairly "boring" player who was pretty low-key publicly, hence why Sheehan most likely brings the incident up in the interview, just to have something to talk about.

Yea, flying to Melbourne for a day to do an interview, I'm absolutely shocked that he could find the time.

Bloody hell, that's disgraceful if true. I know some consider sledging to be just another tactical option but it's just a pretty weak act. I have no respect for those that do it.

Every person involved, including the Kiwis and Cairns himself, have said it never happened.

And I love simpletons who think good people can't do bad things. Read about Red Dust Role models and tell me that what he does is outweighed by bad comments on a football field. He has travelled for the last 9 years to places such as India, Fiji and outback Australia to help people. What he does is above and beyond ... what have you done that's so amazing??? You spend your summers helping people in remote communities sniffing petrol? Go in to classrooms in India to teach about sanitation??

If you have done half of what he has for the less fortunate you should feel very proud
And i love doggies supporters backing Will. Youre as filthy as he is if you cant recognize that that's next level disgusting.

And i love doggies supporters backing Will. Youre as filthy as he is if you cant recognize that that's next level disgusting.

Don't give me that shit ... I have said it was a shit act ..... numerous times. Never defended what he did.

Just for the record, this is well known news and the only reason it was brought up is because Kane is on open mike with his brother and Dad. He isn't trying to stir up controversy, the media are just picking up an old article and running with it again.

Who sets the line for what is and isn't acceptable?

Sledging by definition is gaining an advantage by going out of your way to insult and verbally intimidate an opposition player to make them lose concentration and perform poorly.

Yeah it was unsavoury, but a good sledge is one that does get under the skin of the person that it was aimed at....to do that players will often over step the line of what would be deemed as acceptable off the sporting arena.

fbf972878f29ddce3bb7b39956a963da.jpg

Awful thing to say ... but FFS it was 6 years ago and he got crucified over it at the time. Its not news.

And Minson is a dick on the field ... off the field he does as much for other people as anyone in the league ... founding Red Dust role models. Nominated for Jim Stynes medal a couple of years ago

Before everyone abuses him, think about whether you spend your time creating and working at your own charity. I don't
So he can say whatever he wants on the field because he works with a charity?

Remove this Banner Ad

What Will Minson said to Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back