What Will Minson said to Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Awful thing to say ... but FFS it was 6 years ago and he got crucified over it at the time. Its not news.

And Minson is a dick on the field ... off the field he does as much for other people as anyone in the league ... founding Red Dust role models. Nominated for Jim Stynes medal a couple of years ago

Before everyone abuses him, think about whether you spend your time creating and working at your own charity. I don't

Its been bought up again because its being talked about by Kane Cornes, threads get lost to bf, Id never heard it before now.
Shocking by Minson. I was sympathetic toward him this year but after hearing this he can get delisted hopefully.

I think we've just found Mike Sheahan's BF account. Why else try and publicise something common knowledge for the last few years?
I wouldn't usually defend Sheahan but read the bloody thread, this is nothing to do with him - other than Cornes talks about the issue on his show as he's releasing a book apparently.

Considering he was so desperate to get away from footy mid-season for the "once-in-a-lifetime" opportunity to be a firefighter, it's interesting that he's already able to get time off from training/working to flit off to Melbourne to do a TV interview about his footy career.

To be fair though, apart from this incident, being Graham Cornes' son, and his general longevity/consistency, there's not really that much particularly interesting to discuss about Kane Cornes' career. He was a fairly "boring" player who was pretty low-key publicly, hence why Sheehan most likely brings the incident up in the interview, just to have something to talk about.

You ever seen a firie's roster? They get plenty of time off.

Do you know if Cornes flew to Melbourne for it or did Mike go over there?

A bloody good question considering what he did this year. The guy ditched his team mid season to become a fire fighter yet wouldn't miss a game to be with his dying son.

His wife Lucy encouraged Kane to keep on playing footy at the time to take his mind off what was happening with Eddy. Being stuck in hospital watching your son fight for his life would be absolute hell.

Yes indeed. In fact instead of having boxing matches and UFC fights we should just have a line up and give the title to the biggest/tallest guy. (Not that you have any idea how big any of the said posters are) o_O
Well I'm 201cm and around 120kg myself, and have stood next to him before - can confirm I would get my arse handed to me as well. Have seen him
box, size has nothing to do with it.

You ever seen a firie's roster? They get plenty of time off.

Do you know if Cornes flew to Melbourne for it or did Mike go over there?

It's moreso the desperation to get away from footy, and then he's back doing footy media five proverbial minutes later.

I'm sure Will is cringing that this has been brought up again. Horrible beyond horrible, but we've all made mistakes in the heat of the moment.

Will needs to own and deserves his whack.

His wife Lucy encouraged Kane to keep on playing footy at the time to take his mind off what was happening with Eddy. Being stuck in hospital watching your son fight for his life would be absolute hell.

Of course it would be hell, so what? Even more reason to be by his side. Imagine what his son would be going through, yet his Dad is off playing football instead of being by his side.

How would it all have gone down if his son actually died whilst Cornes was off playing footy?

Minson asked a bloody good question.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bloody good question considering what he did this year. The guy ditched his team mid season to become a fire fighter yet wouldn't miss a game to be with his dying son.
Think you will find he was on the way out this year.
As for your comment about him playing while his kid was sick, if you ever are lucky enough to have your own, you will understand what a disgraceful comment that was.

Awful thing to say ... but FFS it was 6 years ago and he got crucified over it at the time. Its not news.

And Minson is a dick on the field ... off the field he does as much for other people as anyone in the league ... founding Red Dust role models. Nominated for Jim Stynes medal a couple of years ago

Before everyone abuses him, think about whether you spend your time creating and working at your own charity. I don't

I love the simpletons that come out and say if you do some good things you can't be a crap person. It's called deflection.

The push up king does something good for a sick kid, totally absolves him from his out there in your face support for violent drug pushing criminals. Bikies do a Santa Christmas toy run and the mafia goes to church on Sunday's.

Unfair comparisons you may say, but stands above your "but he does charity" rubbish.

No different to any other sledge. Not sure why people think this one has crossed some arbitrary line while other sledges are fine.

Because most people have a bit of empathy for others when it comes to seriously ill, dying, or dead family members.

Seems you don't. They have some clinical definitions that fit people like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

What Will Minson said to Kane Cornes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back