Which club is Carlton's biggest rival?

Carlton's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There are certain factions within both the Collingwood and Carlton camps that are ferals.

I openly admit that I will be quite abusive towards anything black and white during the game... but as soon as the final siren blows... thats it. You leave the ground quietly and let the winning supporters bang out their song loud and proud.

And unlike some of our ancestors, who would venture into Fitzroy and Brunswick to meet up with other like minded opposition supporters and settle differences with fists and boots, the modern supporter is somewhat willing to meet up with opposition supporters in the pub and have a good discussion about the match... unless of course you meet up with one of those afore mentioned feral supporters who would just want to fight.

One of my best friends from uni is a Collingwood supporter. I give him shit when we win, he gives me shit when they win... so I have been getting more shit recently than he has.

There is nothing to be said about it... but supporting team sports is nothing more than tribalism. Getting out there and baying for blood in a gladiatorial combat that is called football.

The John Wren Pies!.
As it was,as it will always be from here until eternity!!.
The * are only recent rivals and shall remain until such as I say so!!.:drunk:;)o_O:rolleyes::cool::cool::cool:
Triple cool for CC / thread:p

Looking back on the results and I'm somewhat surprised that Collingwood and Essendon aren't neck and neck.

I hope that both our clubs can get their shit together sooner rather than later as the Carlton vs Richmond rivalry is one of the great rivalries in the AFL.

I still can't get over the atmosphere at last year's final.

Looking back on the results and I'm somewhat surprised that Collingwood and Essendon aren't neck and neck.

I hope that both our clubs can get their shit together sooner rather than later as the Carlton vs Richmond rivalry is one of the great rivalries in the AFL.

I still can't get over the atmosphere at last year's final.

I cant get over the result.

Collingwood are our traditional rivals .

essendon* is just pure hatred for me ... No respect , they make me physically ill and i refuse to watch any game these disgusting filthy dogs play in ... I would happily see them thrown out of the competition for ever !!

Richmond are just like a toy to play with ... Think cat and mouse , last year's final exhibit A !!

Has to be the scum, I really don't hate any other clubs. Used to hate Melbourne for years after that final in 2000 but I'm sort of over that. Will never get over '93.

Voted Essen*scum*******
And by far.

With Collingwood, it's just another game to be honest. It's all heated and big when both teams are up and about, but when one or both teams are down, it's just about the 4 points.
Yeah we had history, but let's be honest, it's just Collingwood handing us 5 premierships. For those that were alive, they might have the nostalgia factor, but I never really got into it.
Haven't had anything significant happen in decades (and I'm only 22) so don't have much feeling towards them. Never understood the hype. In fact, had more happen between us and Richmond.

Essenscum however, ughhhhhhhhhhhh.
Every loss, even if expected, is just aggrevating. It's also the manner in which they beat us that gets me going. In fact, our last 3 losses to them have been stomach churning.
The whole saga makes it even worse.

Like to beat them the most
Hate to lose to them the most
Enjoy their losses the most
The most history in the last 30 years

Plus they are our direct rivals to 17 premierships. Would rather anyone else reach there before them. To sum it up, I hate *

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Magpies are Carlton's biggest rivals. For more than a century we've been battling it out over many memorable matches. I hate Essendon* more than any other team, but that to me isn't a rivalry. Rivals are respected, generally honourable, opponents. Essendon* are not worthy of respect, and are certainly not honourable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Which club is Carlton's biggest rival?

Back