Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

i turned on the telecast late and saw this thing with blonde hair. I thought it was that pale anemic pasty half back but I realised it wasn't him. Then i went to the pie site to see the number and then i realised who it was.

My thoughts are that if wants to look like an essendon footballer so bad, trade him to the bombers at the end of the year... Jock would turn in his grave

Let's face it, Jock started turning in his grave in the 1970s, ever since blokes started growing their hair and looking like sheilas.

some of them are a disgrace...i'd get em down one morning and shear the whole lot of em....and the disgusting thing about it is that they would be shaving everywhere else. The whole situation is very unmanly...

Great to see the young blood pushing for selection in Henry and Gin. A few more loses and we may even see the Daicos boys grace this fabled thread.

Great to see the young blood pushing for selection in Henry and Gin. A few more loses and we may even see the Daicos boys grace this fabled thread.

It would be quite something to see N Daicos in here, a week after picking up the Rising Star nom…but I’m up for it. Our ability to nitpick, to find evidence of underperforming where there is none, and to exaggerate a player’s incompetence is unparalleled. I’m as keen to whip a Daicos as the next person.

Last edited:
It would be quite something to see N Daicos in here, a week after picking up the Rising Star nom…but I’m up for it. Our ability to nitpick, to find evidence of underperforming when there is none, and to exaggerate a player’s incompetence is unparalleled. I’m as keen to whip a Daicos as the next person.
We turn faster than a pineapple pizza left outside in the hot sun.

Oh, and a very good point about Henry. Those fumbles, those dropped marks - they will stay with him forever. And rightly so. I don’t think we should ever forgive him. Never mind that he’s only played about 10 games, shows incredible promise and helped get us back in the game in that ferocious third quarter against Geelong. So what?

Oh, and a very good point about Henry. Those fumbles, those dropped marks - they will stay with him forever. And rightly so. I don’t think we should ever forgive him. Never mind that he’s only played about 10 games, shows incredible promise and helped get us back in the game in that ferocious third quarter against Geelong. So what?
He deserves to be whipped for having two first names.

I’ve been reading the Lipinski thread, and I think some of those posts should be in here. They are wasted over there, where there’s some sort of balanced discussion going on. Here, the bile can be concentrated and have more effect.

I’ve been reading the Lipinski thread, and I think some of those posts should be in here. They are wasted over there, where there’s some sort of balanced discussion going on. Here, the bile can be concentrated and have more effect.
That will require a new thread, ‘The Lipinski File.’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Particularly when one of them is Oliver - does he think he's British nobility. FFS.
There will be a good opportunity for a pickpocket line when he steals the ball from the opposition. And then when he kicks his next, it will be, "HE WANTS MORE!"

Not sure how Dickensian references will resonate with Pies fans, but you never know.

some fans dont see their hysterical knee jerk complaints about players as whipping.....They put their stuff in analysis threads which are usually as useful as a handful of cold pies...I find that I make my best assessments of players in the first 10 seconds after they make a mistake...

What's pissed me off is that blokes we were assured were cooked seem to have become raw again. We were going to have a great season of whipping some of the blokes who've been drastically underwhipped over the years. At least we got stuck into Sidey last year - but I enjoyed it and wanted to continue. I really had my sights set on Howe and the ultimate target - that soft glider - Pendles. FFS

I find that I make my best assessments of players in the first 10 seconds after they make a mistake..

And you are never wrong. And critically you won’t be dissuaded from that assessment for the duration of the player’s career. That’s how we do it.

And you are never wrong. And critically you won’t be dissuaded from that assessment for the duration of the player’s career. That’s how we do it.
You can't be wrong when whipping someone after a mistake. If they make a mistake, they're spuds who have spudded it up big time and if they stop making mmistakes after you whip them, it shows how effective whipping is.

You can't be wrong when whipping someone after a mistake. If they make a mistake, they're spuds who have spudded it up big time and if they stop making mmistakes after you whip them, it shows how effective whipping is.

Kansas City Chiefs Football GIF by Microsoft Surface

That is also the philosophy behind buggery in the British Private Schools and Military.

For every Private Pyle there are a hundred fine soldiers.

On Lipinski... His boyish handsome looks, good manners, and clean-skin behaviour make him an instant whipping-boy regardless of how he performs on the field.

A quiet game (by his standards) simply reenforces the initial correct judgement that he's not suited to be a Collingwood player. The pretty boy is too soft!

On Lipinski... His boyish handsome looks, good manners, and clean-skin behaviour make him an instant whipping-boy regardless of how he performs on the field.

A quiet game (by his standards) simply reenforces the initial correct judgement that he's not suited to be a Collingwood player. The pretty boy is too soft!
I'd like to see him play without a mouthguard. That way he'd become one of us before too long.

well i know that i'm never wrong. I'm not that sure about others.

I think if you make a considered assessment in those first 10 seconds and take in all the information, it's hard to go wrong. For example, the moment that i saw the Madge, I knew he couldn't play footy. I even re-evaluated after seeing him make mistakes. I had another good look at him when he played against Buddy when he was an absolute unmitigated disaster. So I come to games with my fair balanced appraisal of the Madge and I look for further evidence ....and I find it every single time!! He continues to make mistakes!! There is no reason to change my initial 10 second opinion.

I felt the same when I first saw a photo of John Noble. I knew he couldnt play just from the look of him. It's obvious. They're all obvious. The browns omg. That Kelly kid couldnt get a kick last week when Ash Johnson was gliding around the park.

10 seconds is all it takes and then lock it in eddie...

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis Whipping Boys - 2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back