Who would you trade for the Eagles 1st Round pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.

Who said that his top 5 or 6 rated players are the ones that are going to go top 5 or 6.

100% of the time he has been drafting for Crows - they haven't. :)

And yes, Jacky for pick 6. Done.
The only problem I see is that we're getting a bit short changed. You'd imagine they'd have to chuck in possibly a 3rd.

A promising young Western Australian forward with glowing coaches reviews about to hit his straps for pick 6 in a weak draft?! You're having a lend, right? Not as though we're going to get a better player with pick 6. They'd have to at least throw in one of their young players or a pick to sweeten the deal.
Maybe Josh Kennedy? Considering he's already been asked to leave one club, surely he'd be happy to be forced to leave another for the greater good of the club?

My final offer:

Jacky for Kennedy + pick 6

lol, I missed the previous page where this turned into sarcasm and thought Stabby lost it.

I'd do Jacky and 10 for 6, solves our problem with delistments come years end.

Woosha also stipulated that their preference was for a high quality forward. We don't have any of those that we're prepared to relinquish right now.

All the speculation on the D&T board is about Chris Yarran & Cyril Rioli. I can't help wondering if he's actually targeting someone like Roughead - they have an abundance of small/mid sized forwards, but are lacking in the KPP department. Hansen & McKinley look like asking to be traded and I don't rate Lynch as a forward. That leaves them rather short of tall forward options.

Na deffinately looking for a small forward, Lynch was our FF during our grand final years in 05 and 06. We have Brown, Wilson, Kennedy and Notte as developing tall FF/CHF's. We have two very good to decent medium forwards in McKinley and LeCras and Wirra is also a gun medium forward who has at least another year left.

Lynch is also hanging around for another couple of years and can obviously go forward, Naita and Cox can rest forward as well. If anything we have too many tall forwards! what we dont have at all is any small forwards, literally dont have one.

Our best crumbing forward is a potential AA back pocket, so no, we don't have anything the Eagles want to trade for.

They're not going to get Rioli either, especially since he tanked his draft interviews to ensure he wouldn't have to leave Melbourne.

Yarran... do the Eagles really want to deal with Carlton again?

Why wouldnt we??? we got Kennedy, Masten and Notte out of the Judd deal and all of those three are going to range from good to great players int he future. Kennedy is 100% better then he was at Carlton, Masten is fantastic and Notte has a fair amount of potential.

Without the Judd deal we would end up being a middle range team making finals but never in contention to actually challenge for a flag for the next 5 years.

No one from the WC coaching staff have actually mentioned anyone currently on a list, the Rioli/Yarran was purely BF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woosha also stipulated that their preference was for a high quality forward. We don't have any of those that we're prepared to relinquish right now.

All the speculation on the D&T board is about Chris Yarran & Cyril Rioli. I can't help wondering if he's actually targeting someone like Roughead - they have an abundance of small/mid sized forwards, but are lacking in the KPP department. Hansen & McKinley look like asking to be traded and I don't rate Lynch as a forward. That leaves them rather short of tall forward options.
Josh Kennedy, Brown, Wilson, Notte ?? Plus Lynch and Natainui can go forward. Tony Notte will be a gun marking forward.

The coaching staff believe that Le Cras is good enough to play midfield so it is a crumbing small forward that we are after, and preferably a homesick West Aussie. Yarran looms as the obvious candidate - some of the stuff he and Natainui combined with for Swan Districts last year in the WAFL was pretty amazing so would be glad to get him.

I'd forgotten about a few of them. Most of them are still fairly young and still establishing themselves. Are you telling me that you wouldn't jump at the opportunity to nab a star KPP if you had the chance? Who wouldn't?

That said, the common consensus seems to be that you're chasing a small forward and that my original thoughts were in error.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you trade for the Eagles 1st Round pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back