Who would you trade for the Eagles 1st Round pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee I am glad you’re easily satisfied.

Have we won a premiership in all theses year of success we have had? Have we even made a Grand Final?

No and no

Have we been left disappointed? yes.

So how are we any different to Richmond or Fremantle? Just because we finish in the finals doesn’t make losing in the fashion we do suck any less.

I don’t know about you, but i want to make and win premierships, not finish in the finals and say – gee we are good at finishing mid table ever ****ing year.

The way i see it is, finishing 3rd (heck even second) and 16th is exactly the same. Clearly it would be better to finish 2nd or 3rd over finishing 16th but only one team wins.
Oh FFS if you cannot see the difference I seriously fear for your mental well being!

Ask any Richmond or Freo supporter if they would swap their last 10 years with our last 10 and there wouldn't be one that wouldn't do it!

Seriously, you know you are losing your marbles when you are starting to troll your own board! :rolleyes:

Trolling my own board. Oh **** Off mate.

If you want to be the best, you have to be willing to take the most risks and this footy club doesn't do that. Play it safe.

Oh **** I don't care arguing this anymore, but **** off saying I am a troll.

Trolling my own board. Oh **** Off mate.

If you want to be the best, you have to be willing to take the most risks and this footy club doesn't do that. Play it safe.

Oh **** I don't care arguing this anymore, but **** off saying I am a troll.

Good on you I totally agree with you. As much as I hate the Crows, I hate it even more when your own supporters say you're a troll just because you dont agree with their arguement.

Good on you I totally agree with you. As much as I hate the Crows, I hate it even more when your own supporters say you're a troll just because you dont agree with their arguement.

Read the Crows board much?

Its not just this thread that C98 posts some drivel, its most of em

If you hate the Crows so much, why are you here?

Gee I am glad you’re easily satisfied.

Have we won a premiership in all theses year of success we have had? Have we even made a Grand Final?

No and no

Have we been left disappointed? yes.

So how are we any different to Richmond or Fremantle? Just because we finish in the finals doesn’t make losing in the fashion we do suck any less.

I don’t know about you, but i want to make and win premierships, not finish in the finals and say – gee we are good at finishing mid table ever ****ing year.

The way i see it is, finishing 3rd (heck even second) and 16th is exactly the same. Clearly it would be better to finish 2nd or 3rd over finishing 16th but only one team wins.

This is bizzare.

So there are no performance indicators for a club other than a premiership?

Really?

This is bizzare.

So there are no performance indicators for a club other than a premiership?

Really?

See, we're doing identically well as 14 other clubs but much worse than Hawthorn at the moment.

I just checked this with the dees board, they wholeheartedly agree ;)

Way to take things out of context. I was never talking about wins or lose; i was never saying finishing bottom was a good thing. My point was only one teams wins the premiership each year and i don’t believe we are giving our self the best opportunity to that this year. We just don’t have that level of improvement in some of our senior players to get us over that St Kilda, Collingwood, Geelong or Western Bulldogs hump.

But hey take the urine as some of you geniuses know way more than anyone else and are never wrong.

Way to take things out of context. I was never talking about wins or lose; i was never saying finishing bottom was a good thing. My point was only one teams wins the premiership each year and i don’t believe we are giving our self the best opportunity to that this year. We just don’t have that level of improvement in some of our senior players to get us over that St Kilda, Collingwood, Geelong or Western Bulldogs hump.

But hey take the urine as some of you geniuses know way more than anyone else and are never wrong.
I don't think giving games to Petrenko et al. would give us any benefit in the future.

We are really close to something special and should just concentrate on playing our best footy every week.

I don't think giving games to Petrenko et al. would give us any benefit in the future.

We are really close to something special and should just concentrate on playing our best footy every week.

And as a supporter of this football club, i really, really hope you are right but over the last 4 or 5 season; the way we have performed in the finals series the precedent isn’t good for a positive outcome.

If we can win one, two, three or **** yeah four finals this year’s i will happily admit i am wrong. Just as i did after the Geelong game and bashing Robert Shirley for a good part of this season.

You are an idiot
Easy big fella! In-joke there. I'd never trade Walker in a billion years and think he should be in the team NOW. Inference was that if we aren't going to play him because all of his supposed short comings, then why keep him... give him to someone who will.

Easy big fella! In-joke there. I'd never trade Walker in a billion years and think he should be in the team NOW. Inference was that if we aren't going to play him because all of his supposed short comings, then why keep him... give him to someone who will.

Hopefully he never comes to this way of thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what I was referring to was that if you allow a large group of young players into your 22 regardless of form it does more harm than good.
That's fair and there needs to be a point of difference between giving kids games for the sake of it and making a selective, intuitive investment.

Fremantle this year for instance... they are giving games to anyone, have been off-loading their older players and are trumpeting the fact that they've had 10 players make their debut. Look how bright the future is... which is rubbish. It reeks of desperation and of them trying to cling to whatever positives they can find. Any positive will do. Whether it actually is a positive or not will not be known for 3-4 years. So at the very least they've bought themselves some time :p

The point here is that there is a difference between the Children Are Our Future, eveyone gets a game, unplanned, reactive desperation of Fremantle and a targeting investment of games into an identified talent.

I think we only need to look at the progress of Dangerfield and Tippet to realise Craig and co. know what they are doing and can promote the best interests of club and player at the same time.
I thought we took a bit of a hit with Tippett last season. We continued to play him even when his form didn't really warrant it. He genuinely had to work hard last season, he had to deal with some quality opponents, he did have a spell in the SANFL briefly but was still part of our finals build up and eventual failure. It was a huge year for him and he wasn't given a confidence-boosting string of games in the SANFL to make him feel better. There was nowhere for him to hide. Whatever weaknesses he had were exposed in the AFL environment.

I think the AFC approach was correct in this case. You couldn't do it with every single kid on your list because you'd be uncompetitive. And in that sort of environment no one learns anything or improves at all (see Fremantle). But if you target the 1-2 players that might be an eventual match-winner, then you don't have to necessarily sacrifice short term goals and at the same time achieve your long term outcomes.

No, nothing was taken out of context, that was the claim you were making.

Since we're making some progress, what are some other performance indicators other than a premiership clubs could look for in assessing performance?

You're doing alot of whinging about everyone else, and not a whole lot of actual independant thought, despite championing yourself as someone who thinks outside the box (which is usually code for talks crap).

No, nothing was taken out of context, that was the claim you were making.

Since we're making some progress, what are some other performance indicators other than a premiership clubs could look for in assessing performance?

You're doing alot of whinging about everyone else, and not a whole lot of actual independant thought, despite championing yourself as someone who thinks outside the box (which is usually code for talks crap).

Since every single this i say is a load of crap why don’t you enlighten me. And then we can judge this criterion over the remanning number of week for the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would you trade for the Eagles 1st Round pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back