Willi V North Ballarat - June 10th

Remove this Banner Ad

Cook: Doesn't have a single attribute that will ever see him rise to AFL level. Battler unfortunately.

Great post Figgy, thanks for the review. I enjoyed your thoughts on Wellingham and Clarke especially.

However, you will regret saying that about Cook. The kid is 19 and smart, fast, hard (generally), has good skills, a big motor and good goal sense. All he lacks at the moment is the application, which I feel will come in time.

Barring some unforseen disciplinary type dismissal, I'm most confident he will be at the club and pushing for senior selection in 2008.

Cook: Doesn't have a single attribute that will ever see him rise to AFL level. Battler unfortunately.

Great post Figgy, thanks for the review. I enjoyed your thoughts on Wellingham and Clarke especially.

However, you will regret saying that about Cook. The kid is 19 and smart, fast, hard (generally), has good skills, a big motor and good goal sense. All he lacks at the moment is the application, which I feel will come in time.

Barring some unforseen disciplinary type dismissal, I'm most confident he will be at the club and pushing for senior selection in 2008.

I really want all of this to be true Tony. Truth be told, he's definitely got the heat on him to play some good consistent footy at Willi before delisting season comes around. I just think we're going to have some hard decisions to make in order to comply to list rules, and Cooky might be a victim of having a list that has no obvious duds on it.

We've got the certain amount of people that need to go anyway and then the possible rookie elevations. We need to make a decision on Nicholls as its his last year on the RL and then there's Wellingham and Clarke who have shown that they probably deserve to be on the senior list.

I've never seen anything to suggest he will be AFL standard. Granted, he is very young.

Notwithstanding, I look for AFL potential in my reports. His balance and ability to not win any contests whatsoever is a major concern. Some will attribute this to lack of strength through age, but it didn't stop Wellingham winning the pill against full grown men.

He's neat and tidy on the link, but he is generally very poor at any kind of contest. But neat and tidy is not want we want from an outside player...we need fast and silky. I personally can't see the AFL talent, other than he is adept at sniffing out the odd goal.

Hope he proves me wrong, but I am not a fan at this stage.

I've never seen anything to suggest he will be AFL standard. Granted, he is very young.

Notwithstanding, I look for AFL potential in my reports. His balance and ability to not win any contests whatsoever is a major concern. Some will attribute this to lack of strength through age, but it didn't stop Wellingham winning the pill against full grown men.

He's neat and tidy on the link, but he is generally very poor at any kind of contest. But neat and tidy is not want we want from an outside player...we need fast and silky. I personally can't see the AFL talent, other than he is adept at sniffing out the odd goal.

Hope he proves me wrong, but I am not a fan at this stage.

They cant all be good, we havent made too many mistakes the past couple of years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back