You don't owe the Adelaide Football Club anything

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what's frustrating me.

Its obvious to all here what needs fixing.... and it's nothing that's hard to fix. Our issue is realising the problem.

I can see it now, Pyke will walk or be sacked, he's not in it for money.

Then nothing else.
It's not at all obvious what is going to fix things. I'm glad you know. You could tell us.

I actually sat there in the last quarter telling a few home truths about this club to my mate in a very loud tone (hoping that others would hear it)

During the Steven Trigg/Neil Craig era I began to see the club for what it was, they have no interest in winning premierships. All the club ultimately cares about is trying to scrape into the finals every year to maximise attendances and profits.

All the talk about elite standards has been complete lip service post Phil Walsh, it's actually insulting to his legacy for the club to continue to fraudulently throw that term around like it still means something.

What makes no sense to me was that Phil Walsh was brought in to change the culture at the club, even the club admitted this to be the case. So why has the club quickly reverted back to the Neil Craig/Steven Trigg mentality and re-embraced the same type of culture that we were trying to get rid of?

What happened to "man conversations" and being ruthless? We're back to steady as she goes trying to squeeze out every last finals opportunity from an aging player group that is past it's prime, too scared to make a change for fear of not finishing 8th and missing out on revenue..

As Kern once famously said "you get what you deserve" and the club is currently getting what it deserves in spades.
This should be communicated back to the club. I'd love to see their complete non answer

I’m seriously considering not renewing my membership next year. Now all we need is 20k members to not renew for the AFC to get the message.

Another humiliating loss. You look back over the last month at our results where we have faded pretty badly.

V Geelong up by 20 points and lose by 27 points - 47 point turnaround.
V Port up by 13 points and lose by 57 points - 70 point turnaround.
V Essendon - up by 30 points and lose by 21 points - 51 point turnaround.
That’s pathetic.

Our list management is not looking good with so much money tied up in our older players such as Tex, Betts, Jenkins, Lynch, Sloane, Gibbs, Talia. We won’t be in a position to make some hard calls to move on these players without seriously affecting the salary cap.

We have some talented young guys sitting in the reserves not getting games and after last night we’ll probably back the same players to respond, or maybe make one change to bring Douglas in.

I’m so over this club. We lack creativity. We do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Nothing changes ever.

We might sack Pyke but keep Campo and Clarke. We’ll definitely keep the same people that keep hiring and firing senior coaches because that’s how they fix their stuff ups by putting all of the responsibility for failure on to the senior coaches and removing them.

Such a toxic culture from the head down.

I’m seriously considering not renewing my membership next year. Now all we need is 20k members to not renew for the AFC to get the message.

Another humiliating loss. You look back over the last month at our results where we have faded pretty badly.

That’s pathetic.

Our list management is not looking good with so much money tied up in our older players such as Tex, Betts, Jenkins, Lynch, Sloane, Gibbs, Talia. We won’t be in a position to make some hard calls to move on these players without seriously affecting the salary cap.

We have some talented young guys sitting in the reserves not getting games and after last night we’ll probably back the same players to respond, or maybe make one change to bring Douglas in.

I’m so over this club. We lack creativity. We do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Nothing changes ever.

We might sack Pyke but keep Campo and Clarke. We’ll definitely keep the same people that keep hiring and firing senior coaches because that’s how they fix their stuff ups by putting all of the responsibility for failure on to the senior coaches and removing them.

This reflects my feelings pretty well

Onfield defienetly, off field they are a bigger basket case than us and that's saying something.

Maybe.

To be honest- at least they try things? They're somewhat aggressive?

We're pretty much entirely stagnant in all areas.

Maybe.

To be honest- at least they try things? They're somewhat aggressive?

We're pretty much entirely stagnant in all areas.
Off field the business is going well, and that'll be enough to keep every one around, especially with the new HQ on the horizon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally, member voting rights for full board replacement. Long term that is what is required, most of us know that. Doubt it will happen. We'd have a better chance forming another club to play ammos, building that up, getting some backers and going to the AFL for a license to replace the Crows.

Best case without a board clean out, you'd get a clean out of the coaches, minus Godden and Matter, you'd ditch Burton and bring in a new coach. That coach would then over see the delisting of long time spuds and cleaning out our current senior player group ala Blight when he came in. Like a coup you make the playing group yours, you're not just some temporary coach for 3-4 years until the next one comes along, you're the beginning and end of their careers.

Guys like Sloane, Walker, Jenkins, Jacobs, Douglas, Gibbs, Hartigan, Talia, Lynch and David Mackay. Gone, bye bye.

Rebuild, remove the stink, rebuild from there.
Remove Sloane, Talia, and Lynch from that group thanks.

Ideally, member voting rights for full board replacement. Long term that is what is required, most of us know that. Doubt it will happen. We'd have a better chance forming another club to play ammos, building that up, getting some backers and going to the AFL for a license to replace the Crows.

Best case without a board clean out, you'd get a clean out of the coaches, minus Godden and Matter, you'd ditch Burton and bring in a new coach. That coach would then over see the delisting of long time spuds and cleaning out our current senior player group ala Blight when he came in. Like a coup you make the playing group yours, you're not just some temporary coach for 3-4 years until the next one comes along, you're the beginning and end of their careers.

Guys like Sloane, Walker, Jenkins, Jacobs, Douglas, Gibbs, Hartigan, Talia, Lynch and David Mackay. Gone, bye bye.

Rebuild, remove the stink, rebuild from there.
They will all be there next year leading to the charge towards the 2020 premiership.

That’s pathetic.

They are a classic case of a modern day organization
The coach is only there to take the heat for the incompetence that exists above him

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

I will be downgrading my memebership to 3 games as well.

We used to have a tag line at the club it was. MY PASSION, MY PRIDE, MY CLUB and I don't feel anything like that anymore and the players certainly don't.

We’re an entity that exists for the sake of existence. We’re not a football club with the core purpose of putting a successful side on the park. Not a single decision we make is predicated upon a sole mission to win a flag. Not one. Every decision is infested with concerns unrelated to winning flags.

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't owe the Adelaide Football Club anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back