Usage for hash tag: bringbackthebars

1. The_torpedo

Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2024

...roo but with a mainly white back (like the 1995 preseason/clash). heritage is, of course, the 1925-1932 home. Port Adelaide #bringbackthebars. the logo also makes a comeback. clash is based off a cartoon from 1994/1995 which depicted a hypothetical 'Port Adelaide Pirates' home jumper (Port...
  2. Doctor Feel

PAFC CEO Matthew Richardson

HE DIDNT #bringbackthebars BUT HE DID #BRINGBACKTHESALADBAR
  3. GremioPower

Opinion "Far-West Footy" - GremioPower's blog
    Threadmarks: 2023.03.08 (1914)

THE INVINCIBLES Another episode of Far-West Footy! On the 1914 team that won every game they played. #port #portadelaide #footy #bringbackthebars
  4. Enviable Tradition

David Koch - The Chairman of the Board

...of Hawthorn, Richmond, Geelong and even Melbourne in terms of ultimate success over a 15 year time frame. We say we want to #bringbackthebars and yet we don't have the fortitude to wear them or publicly comment about wearing them on a consistent basis. Every time another team rolls out...
  5. Enviable Tradition

Game Day Port vs Richmond - "Yep. Thank you. Have a good day."

Now I REALLY hope we lose. Go home. #bringbackthebars
  6. Couch Coach

Jumper clash fails

From your own forum: Toast #bringbackthebars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2 BBTB_Manifesto_DE2.pdf What we want 1: We believe that the PAFC has the right to choose to wear a guernsey that is synonymous with its heritage and history in official AFL season games when it sees fit...
  7. Enviable Tradition

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

Got three generations in the bars ready for the photo. #bringbackthebars
  8. Alyx

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 2

As I wrote in the #bringbackthebars thread: We have heard nothing from the club on this matter for a good year or so, but all of a sudden - with Hinkley, Koch, and Richardson on the brink of wasting another season - they have a renewed interest? This is a desperate attempt at distraction by a...
  9. dirty2

Meet Up Ports vs Sydney (sack Hinkley)

We need to make a stand before Hinkley and his friends fück our club up even more. Maybe it's time we all meet up like we did for #bringbackthebars and organise a couple hundred #sackhinkley posters. With a couple hundred posters spread around the ground it won't go unnoticed. We need to get...
  10. dirty2

Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

I would be in. Need a big meet up before a game like we did for #bringbackthebars hand out a couple hundred sack Hinkley posters... That would get a reaction when ya have a couple hundred of the same poster spread around Adelaide oval.
  11. chiwigi

THE BOARD. PAFC DIRECTORS. Why? Just why? 😢

...the three candidates running for the member elected board position state their public support for the goal of the 40,000 strong #bringbackthebars petition. Greg Troughton’s full comment is as follows: ‘And this is what I love about the Port Adelaide football community-it’s passion! My views...
  12. Interstater

Preview Showdown 50- Why I Hate The Crows

Just have to turn this around. The Crows supporters are getting behind the #bringbackthebars campaign by wearing them on our behalf in their own colours, knowing that Port supporters cannot get tickets to this game. We thank them for unifying in support behind us as a part of our campaign...
  13. El_Scorcho

Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 19

The goal of the #bringbackthebars campaign should be (and is?) self determination in relation to the use of our guernsey. And if we achieve that, it'll become our home guernsey within 5 years. Probably sooner. Because Port people overwhelmingly want it.
  14. RussellEbertHandball

Opinion Brasilian and South American Football thread

GremioPower in the #bringbackthebars thread PA88 mentioned he met some Gremio supporters in Adelaide. This article from the Sydney Morning Herald 4 years ago was written by Mike Cockerill about 3 or 4 months before he passed away and talks about Gremio's and Brasilian soccer's influence in Oz...
  15. Tim Evans Beard

Port Adelaide's plan to use jumpers similar to Collingwood

It’s just my opinion and it may be different from others but for what it is worth, here it is. The #bringbackthebars campaign is part of a wider narrative within the PAFC community in that the PAFC community would like control of the PAFC. A PAFC member elected board. A PAFC member owned club...
  16. dirty2

Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Got to keep this snowball rolling down the mountain gathering speed and getting bigger then there will be no way they can stop it! #bringbackthebars
  17. dirty2

Opinion POLL: Wear them in the Showdown anyway? Your opinion.

Us vs the rest... Sounds familiar. Time to stand up and fight! #bringbackthebars
  18. bomberclifford

...chevron as being our AFL guernsey for a long time to come. There is a group of supporters, of which I am one, who are behind the #bringbackthebars campaign, and we have steadfastly maintained that our fight is for the right to wear the guernsey when we choose. We're only connected to the...
  19. Kickpuncher

If we can’t wear the guernsey we should brand the stadium with as much Prison Bar branding as possible. our game day banner should read. Our History Our Heritage Our Guernsey #Aflnotvfl #bringbackthebars
  20. B

If we all learned one thing tonight, by his own admission, an Eddie Maguire handshake is not worth the paper it is written on #bringbackthebars
  21. El_Scorcho

We've done some excellent work here, especially the guys spearheading the #bringbackthebars campaign. First Kane, and now Koch bringing up our talking points. Kane with "just wear them", Koch demanding to be shown the agreement and denying it exists. I'm quite happy with Koch's statement. It...
  22. dirty2

Game Day ANZAC Day - Port v St Kilda

Found my old port magpies Guernsey happy day!!!! Now I can wear it to the footy #bringbackthebars
  23. GremioPower

Official Match Thread Season 31 - Round 10: Roys FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at the Brunswick Junction Oval

Thanks! Silly stuff that I came up with: a flag for Port. It’s based on the club’s new logo, and it embraces the #bringbackthebars spirit. I added 88 stars for all the club’s premierships (major and minor; state and national — including CoA). That was inspired by two South-American clubs: Boca...
  24. CrowsB4hoes

Preview Practice Match: Crows vs Port, Saturday Feb 27/2/21 @ 11am

Why didn’t Ports SANFL team where their SANFL top. Don’t they want to #bringbackthebars ?
  25. Zoops

News New Jumpers for 2021

#bringbackthebars
  26. El_Scorcho

Discussion Prison Bars debate

...time use. It's our guernsey. The sky hasn't fallen in at any of the other times we've worn it and it wouldn't fall in if we wore it as a home guernsey. The club is pushing for Showdowns and I think the #bringbackthebars campaign is pushing for us to have full control over when we use the bars.
  27. El_Scorcho

...advocating for us to be the Magpies or wear a magpie emblem. If you're trying to drum up a bit of fear that we're trying to become the Magpies by stealth, you're barking up the wrong tree. There is zero discussion of the Magpies name in the #bringbackthebars movement. It's all about the...
  28. J

Game Day Ports vs STeaK

And scream out Never Tear Us Apart #nevertearusapart #bringbackthebars
Back