Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget about t-shirts or banners. People just need to stop going. Dropping attendances and losing revenue is about the only thing Koch and co will take notice of.

Have 3 mates (all Crows supporters) going to the Swans game because another mate is here from Melbourne and is a Swans supporter. They asked if I wanted to come, nope, sorry lads, I dont attend Port games while this ****wit is still in charge. I dont even get angry at games anymore, or terrible umpiring. I just dont care anymore.

What do these people not get? That’s what I’d be asking. What do they not get about a guy in charge that hasn’t even been able to get us into a GF in 10 years? There’s nowhere for anyone to hide this year if we don’t make a GF. “Stability”, “he’s been strong”, “the players are behind him”, “he’ll be here in 23” is just meaningless. I don’t care if he’s the best father figure a player could want. It’s all proven to be meaningless to a club who’s reason to exist is to win premierships.

That statement from Richo had better be the classic "full support of the board" statement before the Coach gets the arse because if it's not my arse will not be on a seat at Adelaide Oval next year. 10 years of FAILURE. How much more do you need to see of this guy to know he is a no-hoper? The coach of a generation is on the open market now, I believe that individual wants to coach us and is just waiting for the call, yet we are sitting here twiddling our thumbs and sticking with a no-hoper. Any club worth its salt ...

It's important to realise that just because the supporters measure success in premierships that doesn't mean the people at the club do too.

The most important KPI to almost everyone at the club is keeping their jobs at the club and/or furthering their standing for potential future jobs in the industry. In that respect, continued mediocrity (ie never being too bad) has been very good to many people.

There are probably a handful of players (Boak and Gray stand out obviously) and maybe the odd football department staffer (to be fair, Chad Cornes stands out) who have ambition and want the club to be successful. The rest are there for the pay cheque, the lifestyle and the social status with any success being the cherry on top of the cake.

I’m giving Richo the benefit of the doubt here. If he says he is contracted for next year and can’t see it changing, all that does is shift the payout liability off us if/when he walks.

It’s a shot across the bow to say that he is ‘required’ thus meaning no payout at the end of the year when he goes to GWS. The downside in all this is optics, and how a disenfranchised supporter base will see it as a sign of the same issues that constantly plague the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's important to remember who the noise in the media about Hinkley being moved on/going to GWS is coming from - Wilson, Kornes and Dittmar, all the unofficial mouthpieces the club feeds info to. In Wilson's case this makes the GWS stuff more plausible given her contacts at AFL House.

It is all funny until he gets an extension this year when he wins a couple of late dead rubbers
It's a very sad indictment on how low the club has fallen that this is a distinct possibility.

Club needs a massive broom. It's not just Hinkley, look at the Magpies lack of competitiveness too. With crowds and revenue down, we are looking at another big financial loss this year. Club is in trouble.

I think that's an overreaction.

I think all we need to do is get a new senior coach and a couple new senior assistants and we'll be fine.

I think that's an overreaction.

I think all we need to do is get a new senior coach and a couple new senior assistants and we'll be fine.

There is a culture of low performance and mediocrity that transcends coaching. We need a paradigm shift that starts but by no means ends with a new coach.

By the by, we aren't the only club with a low performance culture, the whole AFL industry is a closed circle boys club of low performance and non accountability. The good clubs are the ones who find a way to galvanise and go against that for a period of time (only Geelong have been able to do it long term).

I would love someone to make a banner "Hinkley out or I am" with that stupid picture of him doing the 0-5 after the showdown win (our modest and humble leaders would hate that). Then whoever wants to can print it and laminate and bring it to a specific game that we all agree to. We can all hold it up at the same time e.g 10 minute mark of last quarter. Get some attention. We could then bring them to Alberton for another little protest one night after work.

Anyone able to make something like that?

Anyone keen to join in if someone makes it? They can't kick thousands of us out of the ground. Be interesting to see how much 'white noise' there is.
I would be in.

Need a big meet up before a game like we did for #bringbackthebars hand out a couple hundred sack Hinkley posters... That would get a reaction when ya have a couple hundred of the same poster spread around Adelaide oval.

Last edited:
I’m giving Richo the benefit of the doubt here. If he says he is contracted for next year and can’t see it changing, all that does is shift the payout liability off us if/when he walks.

It’s a shot across the bow to say that he is ‘required’ thus meaning no payout at the end of the year when he goes to GWS. The downside in all this is optics, and how a disenfranchised supporter base will see it as a sign of the same issues that constantly plague the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would there be a pay out if he goes to GWS?
That doesn’t make any sense.

I'm a big fan of footy (and non footy) pages starting to make memes about extending Ken to the tune of "Port lost another game, time to extend ken another 5 years". It's even obvious to people who aren't PAFC supporters lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back