Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting subbing Massimo off.

Champion Data (I know, I know...) has him as the best winger in the comp. And our scoring did dry up when he went off.

Although we did absolutely give away certain goals with some howler disposal in the second half.

I dont see it with Mitchell personally. But pleasantly suprised with Finns season. He's a clever lad and he is learning to play to his strengths more and more.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
Finn is such an intense dude. The opposition get really angry at him.
He's clearly worked on his inside 50 disposal and his hitting some very good kicks.
Has added contested marking to his game and kicked 4 goals in two weeks.

I don't think he'll ever be elite in the skills department but he's elite in some other departments and I think he might be a really good long term contributor.

Training as you play?

We were hunting in packs yesterday. Not just one guy sticking out a lazy one arm tackle but 2-3 players bodylining the ball and man.

The boys looked pretty gassed in the last quarter and the pressure dropped off a bit midway in the 3rd quarter but it was great to see.

They did not expect a crowd of 30,000 plus. Their estimates somewhere between 23k and 25k max.

Sure but some simple announcements at the front like, “if you are planning on purchasing level 3 GA tickets please use gate 6, 7 or 8 to enter the stadium and then only ramps 30-36 to access level 3.

Just some basic info to assist people. There were lots of people walking around in circles and it looked like they were chasing Pokémon’s

He's clearly worked on his inside 50 disposal and his hitting some very good kicks.

I don't think he'll ever be elite in the skills department but he's elite in some other departments and I think he might be a really good long term contributor.

Has 2 roles now looks good for him

Sammy 3
Clarko 0

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Y

Yep, he could take on the opposition best rebounding half back and kick a goal each week be a great return.

I don’t know if this is the right spot after enjoying a win but Fk me that joint is a dump.

Last minute decision to come in after kids sport. Couldn’t find a car park so ended up using Marvel at $37. Yep $37. They should be paying me to park at that joint for a North game .

Get up onto the concourse and the line up for tickets is massive and moving at snails pace. Jump online to buy a ticket and all they were offering me was $75 a head tickets for me and my boys. Had to keep logging out and refreshing and all of the sudden the GA tickets become available which we purchase and finally get in.

Families walking around in circles trying to get up to level 3 GA because they shut half the ground and people being given the wrong info by ground staff and which ramps to use etc.

It really is unorganised chaos that place.

There's no wrong place to rant about that shithole of a stadium. It's a soulless shell in the most depressingly bleak part of the city. Docklands is a blight on the Melbourne landscape and Marvel Stadium is a fitting centrepiece. It has no personality, no charm, no atmosphere - when the MCG is such a brilliant bloody venue I don't know how Marvel gets it so very wrong on every level. Then there's the crowd crush getting out of the place onto that stupid narrowing path to Spencer St Station or down onto the trams where there's never enough of them to service the crowds. It's a pathetic tinpot venue and it is not deserving of a sporting public such as Melbourne's. The AFL should detonate the stupid thing and start again.

Last edited:
North are so terrible I don’t even bother sending banter to supporter mates, that’s when you know it’s pickled.

I would like the club to launch a full blown investigation into umpiring, the most bullshit assey frees are always paid against us and never in return, if we trawled through every game and noted every free kick it would be a mountain of evidence now. It genuinely makes me not want to go to the footy either.

The amount of blatant free we don’t get is quite unbelievable now, it’s like we play a different game to every other team.

North are so terrible I don’t even bother sending banter to supporter mates, that’s when you know it’s pickled.

I would like the club to launch a full blown investigation into umpiring, the most bullshit assey frees are always paid against us and never in return, if we trawled through every game and noted every free kick it would be a mountain of evidence now. It genuinely makes me not want to go to the footy either.

The amount of blatant free we don’t get is quite unbelievable now, it’s like we play a different game to every other team.
I agree on the umpiring - early on they missed a lot of frees to go our way..... but to be fair, North did get dudded on 2-3 calls late in the game - like really awful ones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The whole league should at this point

Umpires should be professionals. Sure, it will never eradicate errors because humans make them no matter what. But they should be training all week like the players - reviewing film with the top brass/umpiring bosses to show errors, reviewing the rules as a group and ensuring there is consistent thought on how things will be adjudicated etc. It's not a silver bullet as other leagues with professional referees still get it wrong - but they should absolutely be doing this as a full time job to attempt to have better consistency at the least.

Great to get a win. Rapt for our new players to finally sing the song.
Lewis, Day & Watson to return in the next few weeks.

Only negative is North are really bad and they will probably get another compo pick this year.

They will end with 6 guns inside the top three for being a poorly run club in the space of 3 years.

Umpires should be professionals. Sure, it will never eradicate errors because humans make them no matter what. But they should be training all week like the players - reviewing film with the top brass/umpiring bosses to show errors, reviewing the rules as a group and ensuring there is consistent thought on how things will be adjudicated etc. It's not a silver bullet as other leagues with professional referees still get it wrong - but they should absolutely be doing this as a full time job to attempt to have better consistency at the least.
It’s “how” they miss them to me, the mic in their ear is an issue, having 4 umpires on the field running around like headless chooks is an issue and the whole back office is an issue, agree on the full time job but if they just stopped running and learned how to walk they would make better decisions and you would see older umpires in the game. The whole process with the back office stinks to me

Conor Nash interview post game

Great job Tim loving your work in bringing the Hawthorn Football Club to the fans!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s “how” they miss them to me, the mic in their ear is an issue, having 4 umpires on the field running around like headless chooks is an issue and the whole back office is an issue, agree on the full time job but if they just stopped running and learned how to walk they would make better decisions and you would see older umpires in the game. The whole process with the back office stinks to me

I don’t get the calls to be full time when there’s not much to do during the week.

If they spend more time together groupthink takes them deeper down their rabbit hole.

Spend more resources on counselling. It’s bound to hve an effext

The umpiring yesterday from the central & goal umpires was LOL at times, frees were missed both ways and frees paid for no reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back