Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people bagging on Worpel, sure he didn’t get the numbers but he did a lot of the grunt work and was constantly at the bottom of packs forcing a stoppage.

Thought Frenchie was fantastic in the first half and Morrison has to stay.

Moore should probably be our captain tbh, such a tough player.
Worps has dropped off a bit from personally a great start (when we weren’t going well).

We don’t need him firing to win games.

That’s okay - it doesn’t mean he isn’t part of the crew at present.

Some thoughts on our best 5 for the day.

It was nice watching Duke smashing LDU again. I reckon that bloke is either very overrated or Duke is that good. Spiritual leader of this team and has to take the reigns in 2-3 years max.

It was shit to see Larkey get a few cheapies as I thought Frost was a beast once again in defence. What ever the coaches have said to him, it has worked wonders this year.

Morrison playing the wing position extremely reliably. Just positions himself extremely well all over the field and finds himself in the right position to receive our exits from defence. More please.

Had a few quieter weeks but plays with enormous heart does Moore. Can be counted on for a goal or two every week and he does a lot of defensive stuff, unconditionally. Building into a trusted leader.

Nice to see the return of a bit of the hardness around the ball from Nash. Disposal can still be a bit iffy but it is a lot better than what we saw in recent weeks.

Others worthy of mention were Scrimshaw and Meek who have been strong performers for the most part. I think rucking rule mess really suits the rucking style of Meek. Scrimshaw seems like he is playing every game like it might be his last.

MacDonald had a great first half. And then had 4 possessions for the second half. More of the first half stuff please.

Special mention to Gunston who is visibly slowing down by the week. But he ran to the right positions to make the entire forward line effective today

I think you're being a little unreasonable here. You can't go on 9 goal runs all the time. It's quite common in blowout games for the losing side to peg back a few goals towards the end, yet we won every quarter. Can't be unhappy with that.
I think it’s a fair criticism/observation. The 9 goal run was great. Irresistible footy and completely setup the win. We should all be thrilled.

But after halftime we continued to control all aspects of the game yet basically went goal for goal with a rabble team. Our dominance should have seen us kicking at least 2-3 goals for their every 1.

It shouldn’t overshadow a great win, it’s just something this team needs to work on to take things to the next level.

Good result, some players getting into form was important but there's still much work to do.
I don't listen to Oppo presses ever, but I thought I give clarko's a look, he was complimentary of our game but more importantly, whatever happened or happens from here on in, I will always respect, appreciate and remember what that bloke did for us at his time at our club. I honestly hope he picks the Kangas up from here on and wins a fair share of their games. Absolute legend of the HFC ..
100%.
I think that's been lost on a few Hawk supporters last couple of years.

I don’t know if this is the right spot after enjoying a win but Fk me that joint is a dump.

Last minute decision to come in after kids sport. Couldn’t find a car park so ended up using Marvel at $37. Yep $37. They should be paying me to park at that joint for a North game .

Get up onto the concourse and the line up for tickets is massive and moving at snails pace. Jump online to buy a ticket and all they were offering me was $75 a head tickets for me and my boys. Had to keep logging out and refreshing and all of the sudden the GA tickets become available which we purchase and finally get in.

Families walking around in circles trying to get up to level 3 GA because they shut half the ground and people being given the wrong info by ground staff and which ramps to use etc.

It really is unorganised chaos that place.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know if this is the right spot after enjoying a win but Fk me that joint is a dump.

Last minute decision to come in after kids sport. Couldn’t find a car park so ended up using Marvel at $37. Yep $37. They should be paying me to park at that joint for a North game .

Get up onto the concourse and the line up for tickets is massive and moving at snails pace. Jump online to buy a ticket and all they were offering me was $75 a head tickets for me and my boys. Had to keep looking out and refreshing and all of the sudden the GA tickets become available which we purchase and finally get in.

Families waking around in circles trying to get up to level 3 GA because they shut half the ground and people being given the wrong info by ground staff and which ramps to use etc.

It really is unorganised chaos that place.
Levels 1 and 2 have some atmosphere but you have to sell a limb to buy a ticket. Level 3 is just plain horrible for atmosphere.

That first half of the second quarter is what showed that our players have what it takes.

That’s the sort of pressure that as a team the guys need to bring a lot more of.

It’s going to be hard to apply that much constantly and most teams will handle it a lot better than North but play with close to that amount of pressure and we will be in games.

Our ball use still wasn’t were it needs to be but apply that much pressure and it doesn’t matter who we come up against we are in with a good chance.

We looked so much better running with two genuine wingmen in Massimo and Morrison rather than shifting Ward as a makeshift wing.

Much more balanced midfield line up.

We looked so much better running with two genuine wingmen in Massimo and Morrison rather than shifting Ward as a makeshift wing.

Much more balanced midfield line up.
Amon also spent a portion of the game back in his natural wing position

Good to finally get a win and see some players return to form. We essentially dominated the second quarter and that was the difference, so we still need to play a lot better than that to compete against everyone else, maybe except the tigers with their injury list. But some players back and confidence from winning hopefully makes a significant impact. Really enjoying the years of Scrimshaw and Frost amd thought Serong was ok and should stay for a few weeks more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 6, 2024 : Hawks skittle Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back