Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that's lesson.

3x busses next time.

Not sure it’s the bus companies fault, there would have only been our travelling party on the bus. More likely to get it in the airport or plane. I’d be very surprised if we had more than a couple of more cases this week. But if the worst case scenario does happen I would pick that Wade Derksen guy from Peel. He will definitely get picked up in the mid-season draft and will be a player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I count 15 that either had a period of H+S protocols recently or played at Peel last week. That 15 always includes Hamling, Erasmus, Darcy and Crowden who I’ve assumed will all be fit this week.

If the whole side plus the two emergencies are out excluding Mundy, Schultz and Cox we’d need to field 7 top up players. There’s a few missing from our top up list so it’d probably mean we would be picking from a list of 10-12 top ups.

It’d look something like this:

Hughes Cox Young
Wilson Hamling Chapman
Henry Blakely ???
Schultz Amiss Crowden
Sturt ??? ???
Darcy Mundy Erasmus

??? ??? ??? ???

In reality the likelihood of more cases is possible, however it’s quite likely that it won’t be the whole side that played on Saturday and it’s probably more like one or two more cases.

Fingers crossed on no more out.
Ease up on the doomsday planning....

I'd back Worner, Henry, Blakely, Amiss, Hamling, Hughes, Wilson and Sturt to come in and do a job if required. It's nowhere near ideal but we should be able to maintain a decent level bar an Eagles-style wipe out.

There seems to be a real belief in the squad atm which is hugely valuable given the turnover we may have this week.

I count 15 that either had a period of H+S protocols recently or played at Peel last week. That 15 always includes Hamling, Erasmus, Darcy and Crowden who I’ve assumed will all be fit this week.

If the whole side plus the two emergencies are out excluding Mundy, Schultz and Cox we’d need to field 7 top up players. There’s a few missing from our top up list so it’d probably mean we would be picking from a list of 10-12 top ups.

It’d look something like this:

Hughes Cox Young
Wilson Hamling Chapman
Henry Blakely ???
Schultz Amiss Crowden
Sturt ??? ???
Darcy Mundy Erasmus

??? ??? ??? ???

In reality the likelihood of more cases is possible, however it’s quite likely that it won’t be the whole side that played on Saturday and it’s probably more like one or two more cases.

Fingers crossed on no more out.

Good work. I guess an advantage we have to not completely fall over is we play to a system that players slot into, although it’s less shapely the more top up players we have to use.

Disagree, by "B team" I mean like 10 or so out from last week, we have enough in reserves to cover and we already know some players who definitely wont miss like Cox, Mundy, Young, Chapman, Schultz, Darcy, Erasmus

EDIT for your edit: That was different in that we played the youngsters with no experience, at this point in time we have multiple soldiers who are ready to come into the team and then some exciting youngsters that can replace other players who have less than 20 games of experience

It really depends tbh.

The team I posted (well 15 players plus 7 top ups) wouldn’t get close to North Melbourne as they’d be at least 5-6 players that aren’t AFL standard.

The reality is it’s unlikely to be anywhere near that bad.
  • We’ll have Mundy, Schultz, Chapman, Young, Darcy, Cox and Erasmus.
  • We know we won’t have Lobb, Colyer, Acres, Taberner, Fyfe, Johnson and Western
  • For Peel it looks like Wilson, Hughes, Sturt, Blakely, Amiss and Henry are ready to go.
  • Not sure about Hamling as he’s a test. Crowden we also have no idea about. I would assume Benning didn’t play as the reserves didn’t play.
  • Of those that travelled it leaves Ryan, Pearce, Walker, Logue, Clark, Aish, Tucker, Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie, O’Driscoll, Switta, Frederick, Treacy, Meek, Walters, Banfield and Worner.

If we can have around 8-9 of the last group in the side on Friday (it’s a group of 18 so it’ll be likely be more) we’ll win the game imo.

Out: Lobb, Colyer, Acres and Walker
In: Darcy, Chapman, Young, Sturt.

Chapman and Young slot back in to the backline. Aish moves to the wing to replace Acres. Sturt is a direct replacement for Colyer and provides that pace we rely on. I would opt for Darcy to play more forward being more damaging then Meek in front of goal, and Meek is serviceable in the ruck.

It really depends tbh.

The team I posted (well 15 players plus 7 top ups) wouldn’t get close to North Melbourne as they’d be at least 5-6 players that aren’t AFL standard.

The reality is it’s unlikely to be anywhere near that bad.
  • We’ll have Mundy, Schultz, Chapman, Young, Darcy, Cox and Erasmus.
  • We know we won’t have Lobb, Colyer, Acres, Taberner, Fyfe, Johnson and Western
  • For Peel it looks like Wilson, Hughes, Sturt, Blakely, Amiss and Henry are ready to go.
  • Not sure about Hamling as he’s a test. Crowden we also have no idea about. I would assume Benning didn’t play as the reserves didn’t play.
  • Of those that travelled it leaves Ryan, Pearce, Walker, Logue, Clark, Aish, Tucker, Brayshaw, Serong, Brodie, O’Driscoll, Switta, Frederick, Treacy, Meek, Walters, Banfield and Worner.

If we can have around 8-9 of the last group in the side on Friday (it’s a group of 18 so it’ll be likely be more) we’ll win the game imo.
Yeah if its doomsday scenario AKA topups then we will lose

but other than that we actually have some depth in the back, West Coast were a worse team, didn't have any depth due to injury, not only had top ups playing, they also had a few debutants/second gamers and even with all that they got within 15 points at an away game.

I think its likely to be 3-10 players at most, we can cover that, we obviously won't be as good of a team but we will atleast make it a decent game, Roos have players missing from their best team too

Brayshaw and switta out

E: Proven fake

Attachments

• fef407cd-4fcd-49af-8d4a-1d25b5d14363.png
    fef407cd-4fcd-49af-8d4a-1d25b5d14363.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 419
Last edited by a moderator:
No it wouldn’t. We’d get hammered.

It’s similar to when Ross Lyon rested half the team in 2013 and 2015. We’d be cooked before the first siren.
I think that's a very different situation.

The selection process for those games sent a very strong message that we didn't care about winning, that's going to have an effect on the guys playing whether you mean to or not. There will be no such messaging this week, directly or indirectly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** Against most teams that would have to be the tipping point and it still may be but hopefully enough talent coming back in to take the 4 points off the Roos and move on.

Good opportunity for players to make a case for a spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Round 8: Changes Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back