Opinion Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane on Sen this morning asked people to call in about whether ken should keep his job if we miss the 8. Kane was non-committal but said he loves how he's coaching this year. I was rushing this morning so didn't get to call in. I'll be calling tomorrow morning. Hope others do the same.
What a ridiculous question.

Should be sacked without a flag. Making the 8 is irrelevant after a decade.

Media when we win “how good is Ken!”
Media when we lose “it’s the players”

BF when we lose “sack Ken”
BF when we win “its the players”

It’s clear as day that we’d win more games if our back 6 was made up of Georgiades, Marshall, Dixon, Lord, Hayes and Visentini.

Not sure why they haven’t tried this yet.

Imagine thinking of this as not a wasted season.

If we look back at Ken's tenure, and are generous in describing any year where we don't make a GF as being a "success," let's break it down.

2013, 2014, 2020, 2021 = not a waste
2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022 = inexcusable waste of time, talent and resources.

Why the **** should he be applauded for absolutely wasting 6 out of 10 years, when 2 of the best came at the very beginning?

Kane, STFU. With every passing moment it becomes clearer that your only motivation in life is personal accolades and the success of the club has never been a motivating factor in anything you say or do.

That is a firm no from me. Williams' had his time and he became a liability like Ken. It is just a fact that the message becomes tired and coaches have a shelf
A shelf-life? You know that in Europe and the US some coaches have the ultimate success even into their 60s and 70s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just entered adelaide oval northern end
went too 4 to 5 random groups Sitting on white tables and chairs.
said was doing a hinkley survey
would should hinkley be there/coach next year?
v small sample etc
10 yes should be there
2 No
nil angst
try your own honest survey and report back!7
Do you not understand that those sitting on white chairs are unlikely to be indicative of our demographic.

That is a firm no from me. Williams' had his time and he became a liability like Ken. It is just a fact that the message becomes tired and coaches have a shelf life.
We are not debating weather or not Choco should return as coach, I posted a pick of Hinkley and CD fist pumping over a win probably against an average side and one of Williams and Tredrea holding a the premiership cup aloft, winners and losers.

But wait, Choco sucked dog dicks according to half this board.
This a 'classic Simpsons' / 'New Simpsons' argument. Choco was good in his day. A touch prone to the crazy move (Nick Stevens forward in the 2003 QF springs to mind), but not too much. He went too far though as the years progressed. He also needed strong oversight to keep him from going too crazy. Bucky was able to do that. Koch would be walked over and we'd get the worst of Choco, as the weaker admin's post Bucky allowed.

Now back as a development coach for younger players, under a strong coach like Clarkson who wouldn't let him think he's top dog - sign me up.

(Nick Stevens forward in the 2003 QF springs to mind)

18-2 in the previous 20 games going into that one, with the most recent defeat being by a point at Kardinia Park two months prior.

iT’s NoT ThE SaNfL AnYmOrE, allegedly.

This a 'classic Simpsons' / 'New Simpsons' argument. Choco was good in his day. A touch prone to the crazy move (Nick Stevens forward in the 2003 QF springs to mind), but not too much. He went too far though as the years progressed. He also needed strong oversight to keep him from going too crazy. Bucky was able to do that. Koch would be walked over and we'd get the worst of Choco, as the weaker admin's post Bucky allowed.

Now back as a development coach for younger players, under a strong coach like Clarkson who wouldn't let him think he's top dog - sign me up.
I have no idea what a classic/new Simpsons argument is, and CBF googling it. ANY proven (premiership) coach in the AFL would be the best we could hope for in a new coach. Anyone else, and you have no idea if they could take a team all the way.

That being said, Choco would not be my first choice - that'd be Clarkson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back