Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit over a month back when popular opinion on here was that Izak was only worth a late first rounder and if goldcoast didn't accept it then you'd take him to PSD for nothing, I was attacked from all quarters for saying you'll use pick 5 and he's worth every bit. He's a gun.
We know he's a gun. The thing is when a player is out of contract, the recieving club holds all the cards. Normally you can get / give yourself a bit of a discount. See several other trades this year for example. Not sure why we didn't do it but anyways.

How is George the best for us, he's a mercurial forward that did an ACL late in the season so plays no football next year, almost totally unproven as midfieler so in effect you think a medium forward (albeit potentially a very good one before the ACL) is a desperate need?

Has the traits to be a powerful decent size mid that may fall to 23 and is recovering from a knee. I realise he has predominantly played forward. I don’t think there are many others in this draft that have that profile (outside of top 10). Burgiel an interesting one - obviously quick and available around our pick. Cowan another but perhaps not the class finish we would be looking for

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lol, Ralph tonight saying Adelaide were never giving up more than pick 5 for Rankine as they could just take him in the national draft.

This was the same guy saying we would have to through in a future pick along with pick 5.

Short memory...

Good value pick.

Pick 5 for a top 3 pick and he is ripe of age.

Could of kept pick 5/6 and had another bust and I personally feel we know Rankine at worst is a best 22 player.

100% bet he will get midfield time 2023

Good off season

Bit over a month back when popular opinion on here was that Izak was only worth a late first rounder and if goldcoast didn't accept it then you'd take him to PSD for nothing, I was attacked from all quarters for saying you'll use pick 5 and he's worth every bit. He's a gun.
You were attacked for being bloody repetitive as well, have you come to say sorry?

Dowling might be a reach at 23 but he's that tall mid we need, but will take time to develop as he doesn't weigh much.

Barnett if still there at 23 would also have to be considered If Thilthorpe is ruck/fwd then Barnett can be ruck/def
Not a huge fan of Barnett , don’t see what others do

Ruck craft just ok
Not overly athletic and don’t find his footy skill anything special , just a standard sort of ruck ..

Like Verrall for his skill set and athleticism at centre bounce . More a natural footballer for mine with his kicking and marking etc Needs to work on endurance

It really is Pick 6, given Ashcroft is Pick 1 in this draft.

I dont have an issue parting with it, the issue I have is that we should have tried at least something maybe we did, like getting Pick 7 or 8 and a 2nd rounder for our Pick 5 and given the Suns Pick 7.

The point is moot.

Im happy we got him.

Can we change the thread title at some point? Reads like he’s a 2nd generation Izak (unless his dad is of the same name and I’m unaware lol)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we change the thread title at some point? Reads like he’s a 2nd generation Izak (unless his dad is of the same name and I’m unaware lol)
Ronnie is the old man's name, older brother Matty goes alright too as did Ronnie in his day.

It really is Pick 6, given Ashcroft is Pick 1 in this draft.

I dont have an issue parting with it, the issue I have is that we should have tried at least something maybe we did, like getting Pick 7 or 8 and a 2nd rounder for our Pick 5 and given the Suns Pick 7.

The point is moot.

Im happy we got him.
The Suns already have pick 7 (8 if you want to count Ashcroft) :oops:

Can not wait for him to light up Adelaide Oval and bring the crowd to their feet.

This has been happening for some time according to what I was told so it pleases me that AFC have been active in whispering in player's ears and slowly working against the odds to produce a club guys want to come to.

Well done AFC and welcome Izak you gun!

It’s a load of s**t.
Port fleeced north with JMP and Polec and North just took another reaming from them.
Thanks to North's stupidity in drafting someone who made it very clear they didnt' want to go out of the state. Port are innocent reamers in this one I'm afraid to say.

Can not wait for him to light up Adelaide Oval and bring the crowd to their feet.

This has been happening for some time according to what I was told so it pleases me that AFC have been active in whispering in player's ears and slowly working against the odds to produce a club guys want to come to.

It’s still a work in progress but this is true, before Nicks we couldn’t keep players let alone grab high end talent

Love it. Creating a new norm, compared to the strategy of the last 15 years of targeting just one big name every four or so years

PLUS PLUS PLUS

Pedlar can be horne he is one cm shorter with similar attributes and a better kick

Move forward everyone our biggest need actually is
1. a developing ruck that is fast and good kick - verrall or barnett or someone must be drafted

2. a 200cm agile CHB with good kick - can mcasey have an apparition or could himmelberg be switched back? cos I dont see any options

the tall mid is only third need on this list now this could be achieved by trading 23 and future second for a late-ish first but that will knock out 1.
Are you joking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Back