Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think "removed from the Primary List by that Club" refers to the club a player is departing from - ie. GC doing it as part of the trade with Crows ... I think (could be wrong, of course)
typical legal mumbo jumbo so open you can drive a truck through it 🤣🤣🤣

So who is our next big poach for next year. Operation get ?

Redman would be useful and is a free agent

Himmelberg maybe instead

Thomas if he was keen to leave North

Pickett

Hollands - have a go a year early

Cox - as above

Not really any rucks of note out there likely to be available

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think "removed from the Primary List by that Club" refers to the club a player is departing from - ie. GC doing it as part of the trade with Crows ... I think (could be wrong, of course)

nah that isn't right, that only goes to a DFA like Keays. Any player who is traded then restarts their FA, you can have a look at current teams like Collingwood, Crisp is next year on year 9

Himmelberg maybe instead

Pickett

Cox - as above

Harry Mckay would be handy, of course he'd be a likely out every time we played Carlton

Himmelberg maybe instead

Pickett

Cox - as above

I would like charlie ballard and hollands urgently

nah that isn't right, that only goes to a DFA like Keays. Any player who is traded then restarts their FA, you can have a look at current teams like Collingwood, Crisp is next year on year 9
That would mean a player having been traded a few times, could be playing 10 years or more and still not qualify for FA ... or does it actually could work like that?

Exactly, years have to be done at the one club
What about the CBA rule I've put in the spoiler? Wonder if that gives the FL ability to change a player's time to serve for FA?

44. Player Movement

(a) The Free Agency Rules, as varied in accordance with this clause, shall apply.

(b) On or before 31 October 2017, AFL shall elect to expand the eligibility criteria for free
agency, and vary the Free Agency Rules, by adopting one of the following:

(i) a Player who at any time becomes a Free Agent will be a Free Agent at the end
of each subsequent Standard Playing Contract; or

(ii) the periods of time set out in AFL Rules 17.1(a)(ii) and 17.2(b) will be amended
to reflect a Player’s period of service as an AFL Player, rather than his period
of service at the Player’s current Club; or

(iii) a Player who:

I like NWM but he wouldn't last 10 seconds in Nicks's side.

I like Pickett but three years in a row off our best picks going towards small forwards when our midfield sucks balls is lunacy.
Yep, there comes a time in life where you just have to asses what you’ve done, acknowledge the good…….and then just focus on your midfield

Well that time started about 3 seconds after we finalised the rankine trade.

The time is now

So sweet to see D King having a hernia at Nth trade strategy.

Even sweeter to listen to him choke out how good Rankine already is, let alone how good he may actually be.

Number 1 fwd 50 crumer in competition for large part of season - ridiculous numbers according to King

7BC542F2-4857-45EA-9470-064A099D9AE8.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So who is our next big poach for next year. Operation get ?
We need to find a couple of free agents over the next few years to get some free hits and really help accelerate the rebuild. Not a lot to go after next year really, Redman looks to be the best option. The year after we should go after Cox. Bring those 2 in and that's the backline sorted.

If we can't find a genuine gun midfielder to bring in via trade, then we absolutely have to keep our first pick and take the best mid available.

So sweet to see D King having a hernia at Nth trade strategy.

Even sweeter to listen to him choke out how good Rankine already is, let alone how good he may actually be.

Number 1 fwd 50 crumer in competition for large part of season - ridiculous numbers according to King

View attachment 1532374

Look at those contested possessions and ground ball gets numbers.

You got your climate change deniers, holocaust deniers and your Rankine midfield deniers.

Redden has lost it. Said he wouldn’t pick another player at no 1 and cost their player $10k, why would you do that? But don’t they get $5k for second pick anyway, so it’s only $5k.

Then he goes on to say about it will cost the other team more in points. You answered your own question silly.
How did he do his job ? He must have been a nightmare to work with

Still not worth a 1st Kane McGoodwin ???
Imo, he wasn't worth our 1st at pick 5.

Compare to what we did with Dawson, we should have split it & paid a mid 1st rounder... or got one of GC's 2nds back.

Happy we have landed Rankine though.

Are you going to ask me the same question over & over & over...

Ps. Half the board though we paid overs, so it's not like I'm the only one who though pick 5 was overs

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Back