List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

A Carlton supporter posted in the Ben McKay forum, that they will be looking to trade Lewis Young. Apparently doesn’t get along with Weitering. Never really watched him was suprised to see his 200cm. Remember the Melbourne media raving on how good a pickup he was for Carlton. 24yo recruited from Sturt. Is he capable of being a lockdown key defender?

If we miss out on McKay and Lewis Young is gettable I'd love that, he'd walk into our 22. Tall enough to play on the giants but also has some offence and intercepting to his game. SA boy too for what that's worth.

We should have traded for Young 2 years ago when Carlton got him for pick 50-odd. Hindsight call but we clearly misread Tom Clurey’s trajectory.

Assuming Bergman is gone, we could potentially trade him to Essendon (for their 1st pick), as their replacement for Redman if that player goes to the Crows.

I think Georgiades will go to a WA club, most likely scenario is a second round pick perhaps. Eagles would be my guess.

Lewis Young looks like just what we need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Carlton supporter posted in the Ben McKay forum, that they will be looking to trade Lewis Young. Apparently doesn’t get along with Weitering. Never really watched him was suprised to see his 200cm. Remember the Melbourne media raving on how good a pickup he was for Carlton. 24yo recruited from Sturt. Is he capable of being a lockdown key defender?
Lol Carlton are bleak.

Mead's biggest issue is that the coaches are trying to throw him around to a spot where we have openings, that they hope he will begin to own and thus earn a spot in the side. However he struggled as a small forward and so far this year he's struggled as an outside mid. He has good ball use, but in space he has been found to be poor at getting to the right spots, plus in that game at the G against Richmond he didn't go hard enough at it. It was almost as if players coming from different directions than he is used to as an inside mid really spooked him.

I think he still has the talent, but right now his belief in taking one of the potential openings just isn't there.

2023 average age per team​

27.4 years – Geelong
26.9 – Collingwood
26.7 – Richmond
26.6 – Western Bulldogs
26.2 – Brisbane
25.9 – Melbourne
25.6 – Port Adelaide
25.5 – Carlton
25.4 – North Melbourne
25.3 – West Coast
25.2 – Sydney
25.2 – St Kilda
25.2 – Greater Western Sydney
25.2 – Essendon
25.1 – Gold Coast
24.7 – Fremantle
24.7 – Adelaide
24.4 – Hawthorn

2023 average games played per team​

131 games – Geelong
117 – Richmond
116 – Collingwood
115 – Brisbane
113 – Melbourne
109 – Western Bulldogs
100 – Sydney
98 – North Melbourne
95 – Port Adelaide
89 – West Coast
87 – St Kilda
86 – Carlton
85 – Greater Western Sydney
83 – Gold Coast
82 – Essendon
79 – Adelaide
77 – Fremantle
69 – Hawthorn

I can see why the coaches keep him - he's got nice touch. He's got a touch of the Josh Francou about him although Mead being anything better than 20 touches a game looks a long way off.
If he could gain some 5-10 kilos he could maybe make it inside, But never has really looked like he gained weight since he joined. Jackson maybe passed him on the inside depth chart?

Feel like he lacks the pace and a penetrating kick for outside. Not much goal kicking nous(3 goals in 16 games.)
Mead never really taken his chance most touches is 18.Can remember an outstanding game?( I cant)

Go boooed down by the masses 2 years ago when I said we should be into him. Spud apparently.
He is everything we need and want in a tall defender.
Has the right age profile.
Can play FB or CHB.
Skilled, excellent mark, good one on one, fast on the lead, interceptor, good kick.
Hopefully they want to ditch for internal balance on the cheap.

Mead's biggest issue is that the coaches are trying to throw him around to a spot where we have openings, that they hope he will begin to own and thus earn a spot in the side. However he struggled as a small forward and so far this year he's struggled as an outside mid. He has good ball use, but in space he has been found to be poor at getting to the right spots, plus in that game at the G against Richmond he didn't go hard enough at it. It was almost as if players coming from different directions than he is used to as an inside mid really spooked him.

I think he still has the talent, but right now his belief in taking one of the potential openings just isn't there.
No, Mead's biggest issue is that he isn't good enough. Wouldn't matter where we play him.

Would love to see him and Sinn swap roles in the Magoos in the back half of the year, think Mead by foot off half back could be very handy and learn the structure. Sinn in the guts.

Mead is too short, not hard enough at the ball, doesn't find enough of it, doesn't provide enough pressure. Kicks pretty well in the field and goal but I don't think he has 'it'. I really liked him around his draft time but he's not really made any progress.

Meads had a lot of disruption. 1 week he's in the 22, another week he's sub, another week he's the backup to the sub not playing, 1 week he's playing in the SANFL midfield, then they move him to the wing another week.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back