List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone who saw Dittmar at Alberton patting down his eyebrows and his hair while at the same time admiring his reflection in the bar mirror when waiting for a news cross some years back could have been excused for putting a line through his name as a serious sports reporter on the spot, and some of the crap he has come out with over the years hasn't helped his cause either.
In my opinion as a footy reporter the bloke is only a tad higher off the tarmac than Rowie, so not very high at all!

Anyway back to the serious stuff!

If we are going after a young 200 cm ruckman I suspect he would need a few more strings to his bow than just ruckwork, and/or still have a fair bit of growing to do given the size of AFL ruckmen today.
I remember reading something about a 209 cm bloke in last weeks draft who if he was selected (he wasn't) he would still have been only the 4th equal tallest player on an AFL list, so the era of multiple 7 foot plus blokes may not be that far away.

Anyone who saw Dittmar at Alberton patting down his eyebrows and his hair while at the same time admiring his reflection in the bar mirror when waiting for a news cross some years back could have been excused for putting a line through his name as a serious sports reporter on the spot, and some of the crap he has come out with over the years hasn't helped his cause either.
In my opinion as a footy reporter the bloke is only a tad higher off the tarmac than Rowie, so not very high at all!
In Pakistan the word for cuck is 'Dittmar'

Ditts wouldn't go on the radio and lie would he?

It's the equivalent statement to everything in Wikipedia is true.

I generally think Dittmar's Port rumours come from Ricciuto who is trying to destabilise something Port is trying to do.

Champion Data analysis has the Western Bulldogs coming out on top as the team with the most elite-rated players by position, closely followed by the Magpies and, despite their ladder slide in 2023, the Sydney Swans. Three clubs, including one inside the top eight, are considered to have only one elite-rated player each, while one club has none.
The Bulldogs have the most elite players in the competition, according to Champion Data. Picture: Getty Images
Champion Data’s analysis of the first 11 rounds is based upon its AFL Player Ratings, which measure how the ball is won, where on the ground the footy is won and what the player does with the ball.

Port
Elite players 2023: Connor Rozee (midfielder), Dan Houston (general defender), Zak Butters (midfielder).

Elite players 2022: Charlie Dixon (key forward), Connor Rozee (mid-forward), Karl Amon (wing), Zak Butters (mid-forward).

Above average players 2023: Charlie Dixon (key forward), Darcy Byrne-Jones (general forward), Jeremy Finlayson (key forward), Sam Powell-Pepper (general forward).

Port Adelaide’s contingent of elite players has slipped by one in 2023.

Midfield stars Connor Rozee and Zak Butters have retained their elite status and have been joined by defender Dan Houston.

Of the other elite players from last season, forward Charlie Dixon holds an above average rating, while Karl Amon is now at the Hawks.

Love me some Champion Data. There is no way I can accept that last years Charlie is better than this years Charlie. On average he is kicking more goals, and taking an extra two marks a game. Other key stats on par.

1685935686748.png
Jeremy Finlayson came to us ranked as an elite forward in Feb 2022 - The eyebrow-raising names in Champion Data’s elite list for 2022. He is having a career best season so far averaging a goal a game more than his career average and nearly a mark and a half a game more. Yet he has dropped to above average.

1685936627217.png
These stats, only confirm what I have seen.
Go figure.

Edit = yes Finlayson played as a defender for two years at the Giants. However his career goal average playing as a forward is 1.7, still well below the 2.4 he is averaging this year.

Last edited:
Gold Coasts Ned Moyle is a year older than Visentini. On paper those stats look dominant. Witts is a gun so he isn't getting past him in the pecking order, but Witts is also close to retirement.

View attachment 1705108
Interestingy, Moyle was listed as 194cm in 2021 so he must have had one hell of a growth spurt since then.

Looks like Matty Primus with a mullett :cool::)

2bd66f6be65f654d20aafd2130f48220.jpg

Might have been someone we've had an interest in before going to Brisbane?

Very low profile but no other possibly looking and Brisbane or Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the equivalent statement to everything in Wikipedia is true.

I generally think Dittmar's Port rumours come from Ricciuto who is trying to destabilise something Port is trying to do.
Dirt mar is a w***er and not a true Port supporter. And he is gutless as well. Never stands up to old baldy with the high voice.

Gold Coasts Ned Moyle is a year older than Visentini. On paper those stats look dominant. Witts is a gun so he isn't getting past him in the pecking order, but Witts is also close to retirement.

View attachment 1705108
Gold Coast have a ruck coming through their academy this year who by all reports is a first round pick and potential top 10 selection. Maybe they are looking at their list and thinking that they have a clear #1 now, a clear #1 in the future and they’d be better off with a Ceglar/Fort type #2 on their list than another untested youngster.

Either way, rumours that we are are hunting a ruckman and rumours of making trades with Gold Coast are going to get likes from me.

Gold Coast have a ruck coming through their academy this year who by all reports is a first round pick and potential top 10 selection. Maybe they are looking at their list and thinking that they have a clear #1 now, a clear #1 in the future and they’d be better off with a Ceglar/Fort type #2 on their list than another untested youngster.

Either way, rumours that we are are hunting a ruckman and rumours of making trades with Gold Coast are going to get likes from me.

Ethan Reid. Still a couple of years to develop.
Gold Coast are legitimately frightening in 3-4 years. A Port/Suns GF at the MCG would be hysterical.

problem is ive looked at GC and GWS a few times and gone wow they look genuinely staked... all to amount to nothing

Three legitimate first rounders is this year.
A midfield that currently looks as good as ours.
The best defender in the AFL.
Quality coming though next draft as well.

Eventually you just have that much talent drop in your lap you can't lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back