Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No s**t, again what we've been saying for a long time. I can't think of many, if any Port supporters that actually ever thought we were a legitimate chance.

That final felt every bit like a 2011 game. Zero expectation, joking around with your mates to pass the time.

At least in 2011 we had hope that it would get better.

This is a brilliant package, whoever put that together is either one of us or has a very good feel for the supporter base.

Great work to that dude who was interviewed and talked about cleaning house. Absolutely nailed it.

He also said that Ken Hinkley is the best coach out there for Port Adelaide . Jesus Christ.

"Who else are ya gonna get?" has become a meme at this point. You'd have to be mainlining the kool-aid to make that argument. 3/4 Prelim Final coaches are first or 2nd year coaches.

One angry drunk old fella who came up to me after the game led with this question and I said "well if we'd sacked him last year we could have got Adam Kingsley who just beat us in a final." To that old guy's credit he did leave after agreeing that Hinkley's record in final's isn't good enough.

"Who else are ya gonna get?" has become a meme at this point. You'd have to be mainlining the kool-aid to make that argument. 3/4 Prelim Final coaches are first or 2nd year coaches.

One angry drunk old fella who came up to me after the game led with this question and I said "well if we'd sacked him last year we could have got Adam Kingsley who just beat us in a final." To that old guy's credit he did leave after agreeing that Hinkley's record in final's isn't good enough.
Had this exact argument with a woman on FB who I actually know. She was, well name someone, who would we get. I just said yeh, lets just keep him forever right, like Collingwood should have done with Buckley. I didnt call her out on FB though for the fact I know she has close ties with Chris Davies who would be one of the people in the Greyhound Syndicate who made sure the little club stayed together.

"Barnaby, where are you off to tonight?"

"I'm going to the footy finals at Adelaide Oval Mum."

"But, why, you're a Crows fan and they aren't playing."

"I know mum"

1vy7y8.jpg

Interesting comments from Wallaby's coach Eddy Jones,this morning.
Losing our first match to Fiji since 1954,in the RWC
Eddy said in his presser.
That he takes full responsibility for the loss.He deserved to be heckled by the fans and have Crossants or other things thrown at him.
Taking responsibility for the loss no hiding from Eddy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should have followed up with "Why are you so angry then?"

Sick of our club being like a dictatorship
It just hurts me that years keep on ticking past and though we continue not to live up to our motto, our club philosophy doesn't change.

Stability equals success?

How can you claim that and follow that approach after such an extended period of failure. At some stage the board MUST acknowledge it took the wrong approach.

Last edited:
If Hinkley has a shred of care for the club , it's supporters and ultimately the players he would stand up and say, the team needs a new voice and theirs nothing more i can do here and walk away.

But no, he wants to make sure he drains every last cent out of the club he can.

Koch you are a coward and I say this because you protected yourself. By this i mean if you told Ken he's not required and our season went pear shaped the media would have blamed you and if it went well, you made the correct call. By extending ken if things went okay you would be looked at as the man that made the right call but if Ken gets extended and we fail like we did, the media will leave you alone because they all love Hinkley.

You see, it's a win win for ego driven David Koch. You win and the supporters lose again, it's time for you to go David, before this situation gets real messy for you and your cred takes an even bigger dive.

Last edited:
A couple of curious contributors among those, too.

Paid or unpaid? You decide.

View attachment 1806851
I'm not sure if this is paid tbh (at least Dana). Pretty common Bot technique to copy other highly engaged comments and repost to try to scam people who engage.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230918_141233_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230918_141233_Facebook.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Screenshot_20230918_141240_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230918_141240_Facebook.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 97
This is a brilliant package, whoever put that together is either one of us or has a very good feel for the supporter base.

Great work to that dude who was interviewed and talked about cleaning house. Absolutely nailed it.

But isn't this dissenting voice just from a lunatic fringe vocal minority and not every supporter vox popped leaving the ground

Telling the only one supporting Average Ken was some Crow numpty

Your whiteanting of the supporter base is slipping PAFC

Need Alyx to draft up some sort of video or some meme's around this.

We've got at least 2 brand new coaches in the top 4 at the moment.
I can hear the curb your enthusiasm theme song already

As I posted in another thread PAFC Members made the wrong decision in not re electing George Fiacchi to the Board in 2019. He was replaced by a Club Champion who turned out to be another 'yes man'. From all reports George was the opposite and I would not put past Koch and Co to have put Wangas up knowing he would probably get elected.

Tredders for Chairman with George back on the Board.

"But, not for the first time, the torrents of criticism coming for Power coach Ken Hinkley from Port Adelaide people have many of us outside the tent scratching our heads."

RoCo barracks for Essendon.

To him a coach merely qualifying for September in the first place is a supernatural feat of godly magic on par with showing an uncontacted Amazonian tribe the Bic lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back