Opinion Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll clip REH call as soon as its uploaded to the podcast platforms. In the meantime here is Louie

View attachment 1807209

clap-most-interesting-man.gif

And therein lies the problem. You play for the club and the jumper Travis.
A shame he never got to have real success but instead played in a record losing grand final and played under a record losing coach.
But, at least he got to leave the club a better person than when he came into the club, right?

And underpants, don't forget the underpants.

Couldn’t bring myself to renew this season, had been a member ever since I landed my first job and made my own money to purchase a membership. That was well over a decade ago at a time we were described as a basket case.

At the end of last season, I thought it was a more popular decision amongst the fan base than it turned out to be, hoping that a point could be made that the board would understand ($$$$) and wasn’t considered ‘White Noise.’

Although I could understand why this wasn’t an option for some just as disgruntled as me, surely now is the time an organised effort can be made to take a stand whatever that may be.
Because it’s clear that until then our loyalty and love of the club will be taken for granted.

Last edited:
King getting stuck into Ken from 23:45. Also at 15:50 points out Whateley's hypocrisy regarding how he judges other coaches vs Ken.

At 27:30, King askes Whateley if he'd make the same decision on re-signing Ken if they waited until the end of the year.

Replies with "It's an interesting question" and then looks out the window.

THE ANSWER IS NO WHATELEY YOU BLOODY WANKSTICK. SAY NO!!

at least you are now referred to as fans and not white noise by cornes, so theres some progress there... (in terms of the media bias)

In this morning's press David King continues to turn the heat up on Koch's decision to reappoint Hinkley in August rather than wait until the finals were over. I am no longer preoccupied with Hinkley as I think the heat has to be applied to David Koch who is the underlying cause of our problems. This is not the first time that the PAFC Board lead by David Koch has stuffed up Hinkley's reappointment.

The question is now being asked where to from here? Port supporters are owed some explanation by David Koch. What performance indicators, if any, have been set by the Board? Is there a performance based early exit clause in the contract?

Surely by now David Koch is smart enough to know that there is widespread dissatisfaction with Hinkley among the supporter base?

At 27:30, King askes Whateley if he'd make the same decision on re-signing Ken if they waited until the end of the year.

Replies with "It's an interesting question" and then looks out the window.

THE ANSWER IS NO WHATELEY YOU BLOODY WANKSTICK. SAY NO!!
If you think the video is bad go and listen to the unedited audio.

King getting stuck into Ken from 23:45. Also at 15:50 points out Whateley's hypocrisy regarding how he judges other coaches vs Ken.

Whateley has changed his tune, before august he was going on and on about re-signing Ken, now we should had waited till September. Idiot. He is prune of the AFL media. Him, Caro and Kane the Hinkley loving crew can go and get f**ked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro is an idiot. 'Good average coach' is generous if anything.
King basically saying we only ever win a flag if we are stacked for talent on every line with this coach & model is so spot on "you'll be waiting a bloody long time". I think Hinkley would still struggle to do it with the greatest list you could ever assemble but the gist is right.

King basically saying we only ever win a flag if we are stacked for talent on every line with this coach & model is so spot on "you'll be waiting a bloody long time". I think Hinkley would still struggle to do it with the greatest list you could ever assemble but the gist is right.
2022 Geelong had an amazing list. If Hinkley was coach they wouldn’t have won

The reality is we'll cobble a new look defence with the b-graders coming in, new unproven ruck(s), and a repaired Dixon will still be the beacon up forward.

It doesn't matter if Rozee, Butters & JHF continue to rise it's still broken all around them.

Caro, Kane and Whately would have to be getting payments from the club and also a Bot farm to write all the positive stuff online. Members should request to look at the books.

What kind of sick relationship do Kornes and Hinkley have? Makes me sick listening to him continually defend donuts. Honestly, what organisation in the history of farking anything has allowed mediocre performances but continually rewards. It’s almost like our metrics put out by Koch and Co is about being everybody’s second club. Don’t worry about performances on the field, heaven forbid we try and win a premiership. Cancelled my membership yesterday.. poor Jared, he sounded pretty deflated and I spent a lot of time on hold.

Since Saturday night that is now Boak, Burton, Duursma telling us how much they love Ken.Probably a few more will be rolled out this week. Why is this relevant? We don’t care. This is not a social club, it is professional sport. I don’t care if the players view Ken as a father figure, friend, lover, priest, greyhound advisor. I want the best football Coach for Port Adelaide and that is not Ken Hinkley.

Kingy has teed off bigtime. I don't mind Kingy at all. It is almost a miracle he is the mainstream AFL media with these types of rants. He has doubled down on many of his musings throughout the year, in a way, similar to Tredders. He has been very critical of our gameplan and doubled down again today, similarly with Tredders and the lack of ruthlessness.

Even though they never explicitly state his name, Whately and Kingy firmly put the whole year as a failure at the hands of David Koch and his poor administrative decision making. Kingy goes in hard and fast while Whately is trying his best to woke it all and smooth over the edges but with some reality.

Here is a chunk of their conversation.

Whately - The end point was would Ken win his contract or not? Not would we win the flag or not. And there's a difference in that as Ken was coaching for his life from the start and particularly from Round 4. There was no motivation to try different things in the middle of the year and lose games because his future has been hinged on the win loss. I feel like they fell for the wrong premise. And I don't know how that's avoidable other than this is the risk of putting the coach on trial in the last year of his contract. So you either go early and re-sign or sack and don't enter the last year. It just feels like in the end the case study was the whole 22/23 season was could Ken win a new contract and the answer was yes but they got nothing to show for it, they're out in straight sets!

So if you're securing your job, you're going we're plotting this out to be the best shape that we can be for finals but he didn't have, there was no motivation for him to take that approach because if he experiments in the middle of the year and they lose four games, he's out!

Kingy - Yeah, and I guess your energies and your aspirations are not to win the flag there's something else, you're in trouble.

What can you say? They are very strong that the coaching staff was not interested in finals to save their bacon brought about by poor Chairmanship.

Kingy talks about strategies for last year of the contract coach and then Whateley chimes back in.

Whateley - Yesh, so they said that the exam results where in in August. There's never been a team that said that, our team will be determined by August. I feel like they got what they accidentally set up. Which was the very best footy was played on its way to an August deadline, instead, this is all about the end of September. And they were trying to navigate the pressure, the pressure is undeniable. I reckon they are a cautionary tale in a different way. That's all.

Kingy - The whole August thing is crazy. I called it at the time. And I said to Kochie why are you doing August. Wait until the exams are done and then review it because at the start of the year everyone said Ken had to make a prelim at minimum and he hasn't made a prelim and he's got the two year extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back