Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a strange situation..

on the face of it you could quite easily say they hold all the cards.. but we have no idea whats really happening in the background.

for all we know the relationship has reached the untenable stage and if the rumours of senior team mates saying “yeah, i think its best he makes a move” are true… then… it reeks of reaching that untenable stage.
At least in this regard we hold a significant ace in our hand.
Darren Burgess knows him. What kind of guy he is, whether he's a hard worker or not, or makes friends or enemies within his team. Assuming his character hasn't changed, he's a thoroughly known quantity regarding his personality and desires for his career. Burgo also would know his body inside out and again, unless twelve months has changed things, Clayton Oliver is not likely to present any unknown physical risks.

It's a big call for Burgo to make but if he has the full confidence of the club and he says GO!, that's good enough for me.

ALL IN...
The Rock GIF by AllIn

depends how bad melb want h reid
there’s also the salary cap at the dees to consider..

if clarry’s on 1m a year..
petracca would be on atleast $900k
Gawn on $800k
fritch on $600k
Viney on $700k
Brawshaw on $600k
lever on $7-800k
may on $600k
Grundy on $600k (with pies paying the other $300k) and who they will have to continue to pay something towards once he is at the swans..

thats $6.6 million of the $13.5m cap used up on just 9 players!.. half of it!

what the fxxk are the using to pay their other 35 or so lads on their list.

their salary cap must be bursting at the bloody seams.. maybe letting go of Oliver to free up cap space and get some decent draft capital is actually something they need to do.. And if the relationship is now soured..

I wouldn't be counting my eggs before they hatch..

This still seems to unbelievable for me ...

However as for port, I'm pretty sure they are still pondering what happened in 2023... they signed ken and went out in straight sets... lmao
Definitely a loooot of water to go under the bridge, but can’t believe how quickly it’s gone from bullshit to having legs

I'd move Laird on, more currency, 800k out the door too

Seeing the goal is to win a premiership, why?

Laird has been a pretty solid 6-7 clearance guy for the last 3-4 years and a tough nut to boot. Seems a no-brainer to be the third midfielder paired with Dawson and Oliver (in the scenario we obtain him) in '24-25.

Teams do need a fair bit of options in the inside department to be genuine contenders and Laird is one of the better inside midfielders in the competition.

my god corned is a sour c..nt… and so predictable.

he would be so desperate to see ANYONE other than the crows get Oliver..

how the fxxk would Carlton.. even if they did trade that mckay spud in the deal.. afford Oliver’s 1 million a year contract?..

and thats even before you look at the fact carlton have a sh*ttier draft hand than the crows…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laird has been a pretty solid 6-7 clearance guy for the last 3-4 years and a tough nut to boot. Seems a no-brainer to be the third midfielder paired with Dawson and Oliver (in the scenario we obtain him) in '24-25.

Teams do need a fair bit of depth in the inside department to be genuine contenders and Laird is one of the better inside midfielders in the competition.

I'd keep every mid we have and Oliver. A deeper rotation pays off in finals.

This trade will happen, it's the cost that might hurt. High performance player coming in on huge $$$. Teammates going out to accommodate. I trust that Reid is doing his 'due diligence' here. We MAY lose Pedlar. In fact i will go insofar as to say we will LOSE Pedlar.

I am not sure who has the biggest upside here.

I would rather keep Pedlar. My opinion only.
We gotta keep Pedlar and try and get Oliver. Dawson, Oliver, Pedlar is the most dynamic midfield in the league. Throw in Soligo who should be a gun and we are set for the next 7 years. I think we would be more likely to lose Thilthorpe than Pedlar.

Teams do need a fair bit of options in the inside department to be genuine contenders and Laird is one of the better inside midfielders in the competition.
If the price to get Oliver was Laird and it was pick 9, McAdam and Laird, I'd do it.

However I don't think that's what Melbourne want.

Happy to keep Laird, but don't think he's the right person to go with Dawson and Oliver. Need break away speed.

Laird still belongs in the midfield rotations though and any talk of moving him to defence ignores how woeful he was when 666 came in.

my god corned is a sour c..nt… and so predictable.

he would be so desperate to see ANYONE other than the crows get Oliver..

how the fxxk would Carlton.. even if they did trade that mckay spud in the deal.. afford Oliver’s 1 million a year contract?..

and thats even before you look at the fact carlton have a sh*ttier draft hand than the crows…

This is purely Cornes going into panic mode over the link to Adelaide so he is desperately trying to put ideas in other clubs head to see if any last minute deals can be worked out to kill the Crows link.

Can't wait for Rucci for input.

If the price to get Oliver was Laird and it was pick 9, McAdam and Laird, I'd do it.

Happy to keep Laird, but don't think he's the right person to go with Dawson and Oliver. Need break away speed.

Laird still belongs in the midfield rotations though and any talk of moving him to defence ignores how woeful he was when 666 came in.

Melbourne want high end draft picks.

I think they would be interested in Laird. He is very durable and can play down back as well. I dont know if Lairdy would leave though, would depend on the coin.

My misgivings are: Does Oliver break down in two years? Does his body not hold up? Does he have a club culture fallout? Does he even like the Crows? Will he be a mole to leak the Crows plans prior to important games?
I was thinking, well, any player could break down at any time, but the above in bold is when my eyes glazed over, kinda like before you fall asleep in front of the TV.

Actually no, it was more like when you read something so ridiculous that you cannot believe someone actually asked it.

Seriously? :confusedv1:
Oliver, a mole for other clubs??? :oops::drunk:
C'mon.
(to be fair, I disagree only because the voices in my head told me he's actually an alien --- which would explain his eyes and haircut --- stranded on Earth when his spaceship team panicked and left without him)

This is purely Cornes going into panic mode over the link to Adelaide so he is desperately trying to put ideas in other clubs head to see if any last minute deals can be worked out to kill the Crows link.

Cornes has no influence on trades.

Thats exactly what he’s doing and has done in the past..

Whats hilarious is that he actually thinks it could work and that all the clubs, other than the powah, actually give two fxxks about his powah biased thoughts and opinions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back