Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold Coast can do way better than that trade
Adam Cooney has made a complete joke of himself every year since he joined trade radio, the bloke is a deadset tool. ABAB levels of Clueless and then some.

Adam Cooney has made a complete joke of himself every year since he joined trade radio, the bloke is a deadset tool. ABAB levels of Clueless and then some.
People still listen, therefore he keeps his job.

Trade Radio is not about accuracy. It's about making up shit to keep people listening.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Murray Brother Toby to join Adelaide
I'm not sure how legit this story is and I cant access the full thing, but The Border Mail but it states that Nick Murray's brother Toby (200cm ruck/forward) is joining AFC. Next stop Adelaide! Murray's big move to join the Crows
Love to know how they could announce that. Wouldn't he need to go into a draft?

Toby Murray
Position: Ruck/Forward
State: NSW-ACT
State League Club: Murray Bushrangers
Community Club: Wangaratta Rovers
Date of Birth: 03/11/03
Height: 200cm
Weight: 94kg

The difference between Sloane and Boak is as soon as we were out of the race for Redman, we had the money for Sloanes desired contract and he was signed up and let's remember he was in the media whinging about not being signed all of June.

Sloane was signed prior to round 23, on August 15. That is almost a month after Redman was signed. It's also OBVIOUSLY late in the season, following a lot of discussion. Was he in the media whinging a couple of month's earlier? You're saying he's a whinger? I don't remember anything other than him answering questions that he was asked.

Boak was told at an exit meeting to decide whether he wanted to retire or take his chances, they are not the same thing. At no point did we ask Sloane to go away and think about it.

You have no idea what the discussions were with Sloane, so don't pretend you do. It's shows a complete lack of common sense to think there weren't a series of conversations that outlined our expectations.

From Crows remain coy on whether Rory Sloane will play on in 2024:

"Adelaide Head of Football Adam Kelly said they remained in discussions with the former club captain about his role beyond 2023.

“Look, it’s something that we’re working through,” Kelly told SEN Breakfast.

“We’re in discussions at the moment with Sloane about moving forward and we couldn’t have been more impressed with the way he’s gone about it.”

Following the interview, Gerard Whateley wasn’t convinced the Crows currently want Sloane to play on next season.

“It didn’t really sound like Rory Sloane was going on again next year, did it?” Whateley said.

To which former Adelaide star Josh Jenkins added: “It sounds like he’s keen to go on and they’re a little unsure.”

Your argument about Stephen Rowes WA doppelganger knowing that Sloane has been told he'll be playing SANFL, doesn't line up with Sloanes own post contract interview

So, is your only counter to there being an ACTUAL source is to insult them? That is an actual source! Not just the voices in someone's head.

And to compare someone who has no bias and is just passing on through their own media channels what they've heard with Sloane's talking points at a press conference is ridiculous.

where he stated that not only does he think he'll be better for the year further from surgery, he expects to make more impact for us next year and...thinks there could be another contract. So apparently everyone but Sloane knows the deal about this contract or maybe he knows.

You were expecting Sloane to announce that he was retiring after 2024 at that press conference? What were you actually expecting him to say? Were you expecting him to apologise for signing the contract because he knows he's cooked?

I can't wait for your narrative to change next season when Sloane plays the first 2 months in the seniors from "he's been told he will play SANFL a lot in the year" to "the players in the twos aren't putting pressure on the selectors not to select Rory"
I'm going to try and not be like the absolute nuffies on here who are hijacking every thread with constant complaints about Sloane. If he's on the wing or getting a lot of midfield time, I'm going to be disappointed. I have an open mind to him having a role as a flanker, if he's delivering. I'm expecting to see him next year be close to what Boak was this year, and reasonably consistently acting as a sub, and rolling back to the SANFL when we have a full squad.

That's my narrative. I can't wait for yours to be constant complaints and whinging about whatever happens.

I'm not sure how legit this story is and I cant access the full thing, but The Border Mail but it states that Nick Murray's brother Toby (200cm ruck/forward) is joining AFC. Next stop Adelaide! Murray's big move to join the Crows
Finally.

Handy depth that"s for sure, surprised we haven't rookied him before this, different player to his brother not really a crash and bash type but like Nick good aerially and capable back or forward and ruck and unlike Nick genuine ruck height. Played some really good footy for the Murray Bushrangers both as an 18 year old and as a 19 year old overages. Pretty sure he was on a VFL clubs supplementary player list this year also but didn't play.
Edit:

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 3 they may not get bombers arent paying enough to get that band 1 compo

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
As long as the Dons are close enough, the VFL will justify giving Pick 3 to the Roos, especially if its likely to go to the Eagles.

That way they help out two clubs.

Nothing to suggest it's us or any team for that matter but would be a handy midfielder I guess if we could get our ducks in a row.

Straight swap for McAdam? :drunk::cool:

Nothing to suggest it's us or any team for that matter but would be a handy midfielder I guess if we could get our ducks in a row.

Straight swap for McAdam? :drunk::cool:

This is AFL trade radio, Im just waiting for them to say that Daicos wants a change in environment at another Club next year. :drunk:

21 + 24 for 10
9, 10, F1 for Oliver
Oliver would instantly make us a GF contender.

His ability to handball the football in heavy traffic in a manner that perfectly releases a team mate into open space is league leading.. in fact I’d go as far as saying he’s the best at it that I’ve seen in 40 or more years of watching footy..

The thought of him doing those handballs out of heavy midfield traffic to release a Dawson or Rankine or Rachele or Pedlar would give opposition coaches nightmares..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back