Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I step away from my phone for one afternoon and there’s 100 new pages, I knew off season was a bit boring but didn’t think Chris burgess warranted this much speculation.

Anyway, I’ve done an extensive deep dive from the MFC senior players socials and what I can tell you guys is I now have a great roast lamb with tahini yoghurt recipe.

Edit: I also just want to post now to be a part of what is going to be a glorious legendary thread of speculation, hopes, dreams, and baseless rumours that go nowhere and as a crows fan I absolutely froth it.

Cornes has no influence on trades.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Are you seriously stating this? Thank you captain obvious. I did not know this.

Aside from the sarcasm

Of course he has no input. It wont stop him trying to use his media platform to spuik any crap he can to see if he can undermine the deal. Just like Rucci. Hence the Carlton deal. I never said he will succeed. This was just him being an idiot.

But again. Thank you captain obvious.

They have failed two years running with the current group of players - making a bold change and freshening up the list is not really that silly. I wish we had done it in 2017.
Melbourne's window is right now.
Just a left field thought...
Tex!!

I'd keep every mid we have and Oliver. A deeper rotation pays off in finals.

It certainly does, alongside opening up our side to develop a reliable inside game to pair with our outside one.

The only one you really question if you want to retain in our lineup in '24 is Matt Crouch, but even then, I think that depends on Soligo more than anything to do with 'team balance'. That said, it's shouldn't be too difficult to transition Rachele to a forward/midfielder slot as our firth and spare some crumbs to Pedlar (+ Soligo if he's not ready).

At least on paper, it looks like midfield capable of winning it all. Especially if we can tighten our defensive up.

If the price to get Oliver was Laird and it was pick 9, McAdam and Laird, I'd do it.

However I don't think that's what Melbourne want.

Happy to keep Laird, but don't think he's the right person to go with Dawson and Oliver. Need break away speed.

Laird still belongs in the midfield rotations though and any talk of moving him to defence ignores how woeful he was when 666 came in.

There isn't anyone on our list who provides breakaway speed and is a bankable a A-grade midfielder in 2024 (or even 2025). That said, we do have Dawson which lessens that need and also more inside power is still a plus seeing really, teams tend to bat deep on the inside. Equally, Rachele is an option in spurts who should help mix it up a bit.

Plus, we don't want to push more middling ball users in our defensive 50, owing to the counter-attacking game we found last year. Though Laird was probably poor for other reasons than the 666 - most likely he just went a bit stale in the role, especially with the team imploding around him and how high expectations were.

From a poster that doesn't want this information attached to them

"This comes directly from a mate who works at a Victorian club.

We haven’t been speaking to him for a month. His manger has only taken calls from this past Monday.

This has eventuated as he didn’t attend a senior players end of year catch up and a rift started, plus him not wanting to attend the B&F.

He self tattooed his foot which caused an infection, this is what complicated the hammy injury. Goodwin and Gawn were very pissed off with him about that. He was very unprofessional during rehab and expected to walk back in. Rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way.

He wasn’t happy end of the year but nothing to the extent of looking elsewhere. He’s only spoken to management and his team about it this past Monday."

Could all be true. However, too much smoke linking this to Adelaide within just a small time frame. As I said, its all an unknown.

It's a big if, but if we do get Oliver, I'd love to retain 1 second round pick for Moir.

I think if we got Oliver we could afford to roll the dice on Moir.

I'm absolutely thinking this also.

If we get a 2nd for Doedee and Melb get a 2nd for Grundy then Ade/WC/Melb will have 8 x 2nd rounders. A chunk of these go to GC, would be nice to be holding one when the music stops.

I guess the Melb statement will kinda confirm or deny that

If they come out and say ‘we’re categorically not trading him’, it makes sense. If it’s anything but that… I don’t see how that quote would be possible

It’s 10:40 here in VIC, so they’re obviously having huge discussions over it
If he wasnt going anywhere they would have killed it by now. Sounds like they may be entertaining it for the right compo. Their cap may be tight as well.

Thats exactly what he’s doing and has done in the past..

Whats hilarious is that he actually thinks it could work and that all the clubs, other than the powah, actually give two fxxks about his powah biased thoughts and opinions..

I think deep down he knows all clubs have already pre existing plans by now. I think its more wishful undermining. Rucci is probably on the phone to the AFL already (legit) trying to ensure they know all the rules regarding what draft picks the Crows can and can not trade and trying to seek clarification on whether the club would be granted an exception.

Landing Oliver would be bloody excellent if only for the fact that Cornes and Port nuffies would spit chips that their "destination club" Ratagolea Zerk-Thatcher and Sweet haul doesn't make them the winner of trade week.

It certainly does, alongside opening up our side to develop a reliable inside game to pair with our outside one.

The only one you really question if you want to retain in our lineup in '24 is Matt Crouch, but even then, I think that depends on Soligo more than anything to do with 'team balance'. That said, it's shouldn't be too difficult to transition Rachele to a forward/midfielder slot as our firth and spare some crumbs to Pedlar (+ Soligo if he's not ready).

At least on paper, it looks like midfield capable of winning it all. Especially if we can tighten our defensive up.

There isn't anyone on our list who provides breakaway speed and is a bankable a A-grade midfielder in 2024 (or even 2025). That said, we do have Dawson which lessens that need and also more inside power is still a plus seeing really, teams tend to bat deep on the inside. Equally, Rachele is an option in spurts who should help mix it up a bit.

Plus, we don't want to push more middling ball users in our defensive 50, owing to the counter-attacking game we found last year. Though Laird was probably poor for other reasons than the 666 - most likely he just went a bit stale in the role, especially with the team imploding around him and how high expectations were.
I think 666 was major reason why his form declined as a Backman personally.

He excelled at being loose and the spare in defence where he was able to run free. When he had to be accountable he was really poor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Are you seriously stating this? Thank you captain obvious. I did not know this.

Aside from the sarcasm

Of course he has no input. It wont stop him trying to use his media platform to spuik any crap he can to see if he can undermine the deal. Just like Rucci. Hence the Carlton deal. I never said he will succeed. This was just him being an idiot.

But again. Thank you captain obvious.
No need to mention Cornes. He's a paid troll who is inconsequential.

Last edited:

Ok case closed I’ve seen enough this guy is a cancer and menace to the Melbourne football club and the state of Victoria in general, and needs to be removed immediately, he needs to be punished and sent to SA preferably while also taking McHenry off our hands (the…cure?)

Ps has the club also mentioned how Shane mcadam is a generational talent and rumour is (I heard this from a friend who works at the club) will kick 119 goals next year

Last edited:
Hello sorry to intrude.
Just wanted to say it will be interesting if we start hearing any Crow players names tomorrow as surely a few calls are going out tonight to test some waters.
Along with McAdam the most likely in terms of would be willing to go to Melbourne would likely be Sholl and Gollant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back