List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

ML is it too wild a theory to imagine one of Payne or Dizz swinging forward? Both are clearly great defenders but probably can’t be both fit in after Doedee is fit

This is based on nothing me spitballing ideas
I wouldn't think so. Payne is now no2 in defense and very good at it. The more he and Andrews play together the better they will get. Darcy, I don't reckon it's in his wheelhouse. Like asking a fast bowler to open the batting, he'd have a crack but I don't reckon he'd last long. It'd be fun to watch, he'd have the defenders looking over their shoulders for sure.

Dev is a very solid contributor to our side, but he is by no means irreplaceable.

IMO a player of his abilities leaving doesn’t warrant the microwaving of a membership. Patrick Karnezis on the other hand…

Daly said this morning we’d likely hear something within the next 24-48 hours on Dev, with the club having discussions with him today.

Again this is just me reading between the lines, but I reckon if there’s no announcement tonight at the BnF, he’s likely gone and it will probably be announced tomorrow.

Coffield seems like a Dev replacement to me. I would assume if talk of Coffield gets louder, it will be an indication of Dev going.
Coffield is a 191cm defender, certainly not a mid or mid/fwd. I reckon he's been the back up option should the Doedee deal not come off. I don't think we'd have any further interest in him now.

Yearly list changes tracker is up.

Coffield is a 191cm defender, certainly not a mid or mid/fwd. I reckon he's been the back up option should the Doedee deal not come off. I don't think we'd have any further interest in him now.

Don't underestimate Coffield. Could play wing or mid at AFL level. Easy to forget given how much time he's had off playing footy.

Apologies in advance but I don't understand what you are trying to say with this post.
Doedee is a free agent he just walks to us for nothing and the crows will get compensation pick from afl.We will keep all picks with regards to Doedee. Not sure why you have comparisons to actual trades between clubs.
Again sorry if I've misunderstood your point.
Doedee is a restricted free agent. So does not walk to us for nothing.
If Adelaide match our bid and Doedee still wants to leave the Cows the Lions have to find a suitable trade for Adelaide to accept.
If we can't come to a trade deal with Adelaide Doedee can either go into the national draft and the Crows get nothing for him or stay with Adelaide on their matched offer.

i am saying we won't offer 27 for him as he is not worth that going on previous years deals.
That leaves our next pick 46 (but will be higher) that Adelaide may or may not take.
Adelaide may be better off not matching a bid and just take what the AFL hand them as compensation.
Could be better than our pick 46 which will end up much higher with F/S and academy picks still to be factored in.

I pointed out some trades last year to show clubs don't get much for free agents, restricted and unrestricted free agents.
Dan McStay was a restricted free agent same as Doedee and we did not match the Pies offer.
The Lions received pick 35 at that time as compensation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Adelaide match our bid and Doedee still wants to leave the Cows the Lions have to find a suitable trade for Adelaide to accept.
If we can't come to a trade deal with Adelaide Doedee can either go into the national draft and the Crows get nothing for him or stay with Adelaide on their matched offer.

i am saying we won't offer 27 for him as he is not worth that going on previous years deals.
That leaves our next pick 46 (but will be higher) that Adelaide may or may not take.
Adelaide may be better off not matching a bid and just take what the AFL hand them as compensation.
Could be better than our pick 46 which will end up much higher with F/S and academy picks still to be factored in.

I pointed out some trades last year to show clubs don't get much for free agents, restricted and unrestricted free agents.
Dan McStay was a restricted free agent same as Doedee and we did not match the Pies offer.
Adelaide is no chance to match our offer. They don’t want to offer 5 years to a guy coming off 2 knee recos. As Brizzy says he costs us nothing but salary and a 5 year deal.

That's the mail from the club.

If you're going to lose someone he's not the worst.
I think Dev would be a huge loss. Doesn’t rate highly in any champion data categories, but much of that is due to his defensive role and lack of TOG. Fages barely got him on in that last quarter in the GF, which was a mistake imo. Runs out games much better than most of our guys.

If he goes to West Coast next year I predict he’ll jump straight to being their best mid, playing a proper midfield role. And yes that counts Tim Kelly.

I think Dev would be a huge loss. Doesn’t rate highly in any champion data categories, but much of that is due to his defensive role and lack of TOG. Fages barely got him on in that last quarter in the GF, which was a mistake imo. Runs out games much better than most of our guys.

If he goes to West Coast next year I predict he’ll jump straight to being their best mid, playing a proper midfield role. And yes that counts Tim Kelly.
Perhaps Fages knew he was going.

Our board seems to have mixed feelings on him, I think he’d be a great fit for us getting proper midfield minutes. Your midfield is so strong and will only get stronger probably doesn’t leave a lot of room for him which I think would be the only reason he’d move.

I agree that CD data doesn’t always reflect a player’s impact, but Dev’s foot skills and decision-making under pressure will, IMO, hold him back from ever becoming someone of Kelly’s calibre.

Don't underestimate Coffield. Could play wing or mid at AFL level. Easy to forget given how much time he's had off playing footy.
I would be interested in seeing Coffield come in and play wing, and push Berry into the forward line. I think him and Ah Chee as half forwards could help our defensive running from the front half of the ground.

Ok thanks for clarification, but will walk to us for nothing. Simple.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back