Preview 2024 Pre season trial game 2 - Vs West Coast - Hisense Sat Mar 2 @2:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitness not at an optimum for 2nd & 3rd year players yet ....impacts decision making of young kids in 4th Qtrs

Player assessments are mistakenly made under the assumption all players are at the same fitness levels
So it was on the younger players we lost those close ones and not experienced players/coaching?

Would you like some examples or do you know what I’ll refer to?

I want to see Fog take the next step this year.

His best is brilliant. But there is a gap between that and his normal level.

Him Rankine, Rachele and Thilthorpe up forward should be an elite forward line.

Yes Rankine and Rachele will be split in the midfield, but like Shai Bolton and Zac Bailey will also play small forward.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be fair we are pretty good at intro new players , especially talented young draftees

Max, Soligo , Rachele etc etc

Curtin will debut as soon as he’s ready , he’s had a few set backs

Edwards will play this year too I think
Yeah I think it’s more a matter of getting the draftees up to speed, a R1 debut would be nice but it’s never the be all and end all. Lever and Thilthorpe debuted in about R6 for instance, IIRC, wouldn’t be surprised if we see Curtin around that mark too

Looks like they've only opened a side gate to let people in, so it is probably gonna take a long time to get in.

Good idea though, schedule activities to start at 12:30 and then have it take an hour to get into the ground...

So it was on the younger players we lost those close ones and not experienced players/coaching?

Would you like some examples or do you know what I’ll refer to?
They're just your opinions George ...doesn't make them fact .....just start putting IMO in front of your posts .....good boy

Yes Rankine and Rachele will be split in the midfield, but like Shai Bolton and Zac Bailey will also play small forward.

Part of the fix for that needs to come from the mindset of the people delivering the ball inside 50 too.

There were times last year where the easy option was to kick it to a free Fog or Thilly and players opted for a more difficult pass to Tex. Part of that is probably the belief that Tex deserves first option and he'd be more reliable kicking for goal, but I don't think it's 100% just on Fog and Thilthorpe as well.

I'm guessing the fact we put Fog in the leadership group means we see him as the next "Tex" in our team. He won't be the same player as Tex because he just doesn't have those super sublime skills on both sides that Tex has (few do though), but hopefully he can still be that big, reliable presence up forward and the general of the forward line.

Part of the fix for that needs to come from the mindset of the people delivering the ball inside 50 too.

There were times last year where the easy option was to kick it to a free Fog or Thilly and players opted for a more difficult pass to Tex. Part of that is probably the belief that Tex deserves first option and he'd be more reliable kicking for goal, but I don't think it's 100% just on Fog and Thilthorpe as well.

I'm guessing the fact we put Fog in the leadership group means we see him as the next "Tex" in our team. He won't be the same player as Tex because he just doesn't have those super sublime skills on both sides that Tex has (few do though), but hopefully he can still be that big, reliable presence up forward and the general of the forward line.
Agree Tex’s skills both sides are second to none, but Fog’s are nothing to sneeze at

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree Tex’s skills both sides are second to none, but Fog’s are nothing to sneeze at
I certainly didn't intend to diminish Fogs skills, cause he's certainly got talent out the wazoo, it's just that Tex is such an AFL unicorn nowadays it probably doesn't matter who you put in to replace him, they just won't have the same skillset to do the things that Tex does.
Are you at the ground?
Yup.

I certainly didn't intend to diminish Fogs skills, cause he's certainly got talent out the wazoo, it's just that Tex is such an AFL unicorn nowadays it probably doesn't matter who you put in to replace him, they just won't have the same skillset to do the things that Tex does.

Yup.
I can't think of too many midfielders with the dual sided ability that Tex has let alone key forwards.

Fun Facts with Grotto

Ironically Fog is currently the Crows best shot for goal all time that is still playing, with a minimum of 50 shots at goal.

They're just your opinions George ...doesn't make them fact .....just start putting IMO in front of your posts .....good boy
My opinions? Nicks conceded he made an error by subbing Soligo.

And Sloane panicked and grabbed Daicos, gave away a crucial 50 and goal.

Both of these are facts, no IMO required.

As for IMO, how come you’re not practising what you preach?

I actually think he has closed that gap massively. He has very few games now where he contributes nothing, he finds ways to work into the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 Pre season trial game 2 - Vs West Coast - Hisense Sat Mar 2 @2:40

Remove this Banner Ad

Back