Preview Changes Vs Golden Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

You can back it in, there will be minimum changes for next week. Keep in mind this is the team that's been practising together for most of the pre-season. The selectors are not going to admit too many errors after one game. Probably McNeil and Vandermeer out, Daniel comes into the 22 and two of Macrae, Baker and Scott come in. Lobb had better give us a much better effort or Darcy in following week.

If we really want a proper change:

Out: English, Lobb, Williams, McNeil, VDM, Dale
In: Keath, Darcy, Macrae, Baker, Bedendo, Clarke

We need more players that like to tackle.

Half the side could have been dropped but I think the main thing is dropping a tall from the forward line, it just does not work with three talls. In reality, English is not getting dropped so we will likely persist with the three talls.

Buku to move to third tall down back, Coffield and Richards to have more freedom to run and carry.

Big issue with our side. The clear options for ins (Keath, Macrae) are slow and the clear options for outs (Vandermeer, McNeil) are quick. So we’re either going to be too slow or too untalented
Ahh I’m not buying the speed issue, that was the quickest side we’ve put out in years on paper. Yet one of the slowest by ball movement and defensively non existent, foot speed is just so overplayed

We did not work hard enough, and accurate disposal is wayyyy more important - I don’t give a **** if Macrae and Daniel aren’t super quick off the mark, they both have huge tanks and are genuine gut runners and more importantly they put a price on their disposal. Hitting a target is much faster than ****ing running quick and much better for the defence, and it’s not like the alternatives run hard in defence anyway. The biggest issue defensively is when we turn the ball over and we’re out of position, no amount of speed is going to change that.

The quickest we’ve ever looked is when we’re using the ball precisely

No point throwing the baby out with the bathwater...

OUT:

-Coffield - guy is like mr invisible. Would not have known he was out there. Get half a dozen reserves games into him.
-McNeill - over and out
-Vandermeer

IN:

-A second Tall defender. Keath I guess.
-Poulter
-Macrae

FB: Richards Keath Jones
HB: Dale Khamis Johannisen
C: Williams Libba Gallagher
HF: West Naughton Sanders
FF: Lobb Ugle-Hagan Weightman
FOL: English Bont Treloar
INT: Daniel Bramble Poulter Harmes
SUB: Macrae

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure why people think Khamis is more deserving of a spot than Coffield.

Buku had a few more marks but Coffield seems the more skilled player through the 2 preseason games and today.

If we bring in a second tall, I’d back coffield to play the 3rd defender more than Buku.

Buku had a few more marks but Coffield seems the more skilled player through the 2 preseason games and today.

If we bring in a second tall, I’d back coffield to play the 3rd defender more than Buku.
And Coffield hadn't played a senior game in over 900 days. He will only get better as he works into the season.

I'm hoping they'll both play next week.

Play both let them work off lesser opponents and do what they do best, intercept

No brainer for mine, they’re not good defensively on talls

Sam Darcy kicks 5 Goals puts some pressure on Lobb and their is a little bit of info about JOD

All the reports on WOOF indicated Darcy kicked 3 goals but should have had a couple more. I wonder if someone said “Darcy was great and should have kicked 5 goals” and Ralph just ignored the “should have”?

OUT: VDM, Harmes, Buku

IN: Macrae, Daniel, Keath

Harmes can be sub. Shame about JOD would have him ahead of Keath. Interested to see Buku as the 3rd tall along with Coffield but can’t see us playing 8 defenders so unless it’s Dale to the wing it is what it is.

Won’t fight anyone who wants Darcy for Lobb but happy to let him build a bit for now. McNeil has been good in the practice games and is a ground level option that we need so gets a reprieve. Let Arty or Clarke bang the door down, hopefully soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are lot of changes we should consider. I do not care that it may reduce our leg speed but VDM and the MK (momentum killer McNeill) killer must go. Darcy must play the question is does Lobb get dropped or Naughton play back. I am for Naughton to go back.

Ins Darcy, McCrae, Poulter, Jones or Clarke
Outs McNeill, VDM, Coffield, Gallagher

Last edited:
Can’t play Darcy & Lobb in the same forward line, Darcy just comes in for Lobb. Darcy is the better player currently, if Lobb works his way back in on VFL form then great, but the spot is no longer his to loose

Can’t play Darcy & Lobb in the same forward line, Darcy just comes in for Lobb. Darcy is the better player currently, if Lobb works his way back in on VFL form then great, but the spot is no longer his to loose
It’s only round two of his second season with us but the Lobb trade is looking pointless. I guess he’s a mature body if English gets injured but I think we’d all rather see Darcy in the lineup for now.

There are lot of changes we should consider. I do not care that it may reduce our leg speed but VDM and the MK (momentum killer McNeill) killer must go. Darcy must play the question is does Lobb get dropped or Naughton play back. I am for Naughton to go back.

Ins Darcy, McCrae, Poulter, Jones or Clarke
Outs McNeill, VDM, Coffield, Gallagher

We have as much chance Naughton going to the backline as the Airport in New Delhi never having a problem with overweight baggage 0

Some over reactions based on one game. One game doesn't define form. I expect a few to bounce back next week. Team as a whole was poor.

Coffield stays for me. In my opinion not being noticed is not a bad thing, as normally when you get noticed as a defender, its because you got a bag kicked on you or you effed up big time. He was solid in the preseason games. Like a few players, will take a few more games to build in the back line chemistry.

I'd like to see Darcy / Bedendo. But we are then to tall. We would need to piss a tall or two right off.

I'd like to see Vanders and McNeil dropped though. They were pretty poor, like very very poor. Plus recent senior games going back into last years shows they likely won't develop much more. Both still make the same mistakes despite some years in the system. Neither have had a good game in ages.

Harmes given another game / benefit of the doubt.

I'd like to drop Lobb, but then if English decides to be ragdolled, we have no physical ruck presence. Darcy is still young. But stuff it....

IN: Darcy, Daniels, Macrae
OUT: Vanders, Lobb, McNeil

The only question there, would be who plays the small forward roles outside of Weightman and West?

Last edited:
Some over reactions based on one game. One game doesn't define form. I expect a few to bounce back next week. Team as a whole was poor.

Coffield stays for me. In my opinion not being noticed is not a bad thing, as normally when you get noticed as a defender, its because you got a bag kicked on you or you effed up big time. He was solid in the preseason games. Like a few players, will take a few more games to build in the back line chemistry.

I'd like to see Darcy / Bedendo. But we are then to tall. We would need to piss a tall or two right off.

I'd like to see Vanders and McNeil dropped though. They were pretty poor, like very very poor. Plus recent senior games going back into last years shows they likely won't develop much more. Both still make the same mistakes despite some years in the system. Neither have had a good game in ages.

Harmes given another game / benefit of the doubt.

I'd like to drop Lobb, but then if English decides to be ragdolled, we have no physical ruck presence. He is still young. But stuff it....

IN: Darcy, Daniels, Macrae
OUT: Vanders, Lobb, McNeil

The only question there, would be who plays the small forward roles outside of Weightman and West?
Yeah it was pretty bad but I'm waiting until round 4 or 5 to actually melt. It's one game, some adjustments can be made.

Agree on VDM and McNeil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Golden Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back