List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone on Twitter pulled up some interesting stats

Player debuts since 2020 we're 5th highest in the league behind Hawthorn, West Coast, Collingwood and North Melbourne. Since 2022 however we're equal 3rd lowest with just 8 new debuts in 3 years. With Port naming Logan Evans for his debut this week that'll leave just Carlton debuting less players than us on 7.

Certainly does show how stubborn Nicks has been on selections at times the last 2 years in particular.

FFS it's easy saying get Goad but go watch some of his VFL this year, he's been awful, and that's being kind. He's not going to be competitive at AFL level next year, not even close. At least several years away at this point. We need at least a competitive ruck even in the short term if it's not ROB because sure as hell Strachan can't carry us through even In the short term

But he is an SA boy…. Barnetts not flash either. Just because these boys got drafted doesn’t mean you need to go hard at them until they at least show something

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Hi all,

Apologies for the intrusion, I come in peace. What's the read on Patrick Parnell's future after this year?

I was a fan ahead of the MSD when he was picked. He is now out for the rest of the year with his shoulder injury.

Is he gettable? / even worth pursuing for another club? What's the cost (3rd / 4th / DFA)?

I'd be keen to get a small defender of his profile over to Carlton as a back up to Saad & Boyd.

Thanks
He is ok back up depth but doubt he will ever be starting 22 material. He is just so small and gets pushed off the ball too easily.

Player debuts since 2020 we're 5th highest in the league behind Hawthorn, West Coast, Collingwood and North Melbourne. Since 2022 however we're equal 3rd lowest with just 8 new debuts in 3 years. With Port naming Logan Evans for his debut this week that'll leave just Carlton debuting less players than us on 7.

Certainly does show how stubborn Nicks has been on selections at times the last 2 years in particular.

I was telling everyone the rebuild was over 3 years ago.

But he is an SA boy…. Barrett’s not flash either. Just because these boys got drafted doesn’t mean you need to go hard at them until they at least show something

I take it you mean Barnett yeah?

Harry Barnett to now has been ordinary barely competitive against WAFL level rucks, In round 4 he came up against delisted and now relisted WAFL/SANFL/AFL ruck/forward Brynn Teakle who pantsed him 52 HO's to 24 HO's

Taylor Goad even for a 1st year ruck has been awful, he's a million miles off being AFL competitive.

Of the former SA boys Ruck/Forward Will Verrall hasn't actually been shooting the lights out but he's miles in front of Barnett and Goad at this point competitive wise.

If we were looking at any of the three Will Verrall would be easily the best option for 2025 as the Strachan replacement looking at further development.

Harry Barnett to now has been ordinary barely competitive against WAFL level rucks, In round 4 he came up against delisted and now relisted WAFL/SANFL/AFL ruck/forward Brynn Teakle who pantsed him 52 HO's to 24 HO's

Taylor Goad even for a 1st year ruck has been awful, he's a million miles off being AFL competitive.

Of the former SA boys Ruck/Forward Will Verrall hasn't actually been shooting the lights out but he's miles in front of Barnett and Goad at this point competitive wise.

If we were looking at any of the three Will Verrall would be easily the best option for 2025 as the Strachan replacement looking at further development.
I remember henry smith's name getting mentioned awhile back. Anyone seen any of him ?

All i know is that he is a big lad and former wwt boy.

I remember henry smith's name getting mentioned awhile back. Anyone seen any of him ?

Doesn't do a hell of a lot of rucking in the VFL, usually a Forward/chop out ruck for the likes of Darcy Fort, Kallin Lane?

Whether that's by design in his development or they see him more as forward I don't know

Just had a look at the VFL teams for this weekend, he's been named to ruck with Darcy Fort to go up to the AFL this week and Kallin Lane named at FF.

BRISBANE LIONS vs FRANKSTON​

Saturday 22 June, 11:05am, Brighton Homes Arena
Head-to-Head: Brisbane Lions 2-0; At BHA: Never Met; Streak: Brisbane Lions 2; Last Time: Brisbane Lions 13.15 (93) def Frankston 8.10 (58) – May 27, 2023, Kinetic Stadium

BRISBANE LIONS
B:
D. Joyce (41), J. Prior (20), L. Beecken (47)
HB: Z. Zakostelsky (21), R. Torrent (36), J. Madden (14)
C: D. Robertson (2), J. Tunstill (29), E. Macpherson (54)
HF: J. Manly (62), L. Lloyd (19), B. Ryan (24)
F: W. McLachlan (56), K. Lane (45), D. Craven (50)
R: H. Smith (25), H. Sharp (22), K. Dunkley (52)
INT: T. Abberley (48), J. Budarick (51), J. Lohmann (49), D. Lloyd (65), R. Bailey (53)*
EMG: R. Greene (64), Z. Derksen (57), B. Thomas (61)

IN: R. Bailey, J. Budarick, D. Lloyd, J. Manly
OUT: S. Brain, D. Fort, J. Lyons (AFL), T. Meekin

The number one avenue to Fog becoming a top forward is better ball movement.

Get it into him quicker and to his advantage and I don't think we are having these conversations anymore.
What's Plan B?

The rebuild is over. Year 5 is go time

Has become time to go time however

Doesn't do a hell of a lot of rucking in the VFL, usually a Forward/chop out ruck for the likes of Darcy Fort, Kallin Lane?

Whether that's by design in his development or they see him more as forward I don't know
All part of his development going to be a gun that's why they extended his contract. Adelaide recruitment at its finest should have grabbed him 2020 Reid and Co can't see the Forrest cause off all the trees.

Hi all,

Apologies for the intrusion, I come in peace. What's the read on Patrick Parnell's future after this year?

I was a fan ahead of the MSD when he was picked. He is now out for the rest of the year with his shoulder injury.

Is he gettable? / even worth pursuing for another club? What's the cost (3rd / 4th / DFA)?

I'd be keen to get a small defender of his profile over to Carlton as a back up to Saad & Boyd.

Thanks
Likely we will delist, so 4th would be plenty.

Good skills, but very lightweight.

Typo - yes Barnett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does. It’s a hard balance act - need to get games (70 plus) into the ones you debuted to become your next core as quickly as possible so it makes sense you don’t continue to make heaps of debuts
What he has got wrong is not starting to wipe 2-3 of that initial group and try and do the same thing with the next bunch of young players

Hi all,

Thanks
He'll be better after he goes through puberty.

Hi all,

Thanks
When he was drafted we were told his kicking was elite and when you’re as small as he is you better have something that’s pretty special.
Unfortunately when he’s come in his kicking hasn’t looked anything above average.

Would still like to see a 195cm marking forward with speed alongside TT, FOG and Welsh. Club hoped Gollant or Burgess could be that.

We either draft it or turn Keane/Curtin or Worrell into that
Athletic 196cm KPF prospect Charlie West IMO basically going almost unnoticed in this draft it seems , not talked about hardly at all, certainly the best contested mark in the SA squad but missed selection in the first two Nationals game but showed when he did get a crack against WA last week he's well up to it, also very impressive when giving highly rated SA Ruck Alex Dodson a spell in ruck with 12 hit outs.

Highlights reel from last year

Capture.PNG

The rebuild is over. Year 5 is go time

Has become time to go time however

Our list profile suggests we are not ready yet.

At the start of the year, we only had 3 players between 100-200 games experience.

The goal should have always been targeting a 2026-27 window. We have never selected teams based on that timeline though.

Braeden Campbell at Sydney would be an interesting watch... seems to be in/out of their side and made sub a few times.

A juicy generous offer and full time mid role maybe tempt him? Has elite skills.

Would be great.

Do we give up pick 4 (currently) for him though? Because we’d probably have to.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back