List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No one questions Pedlar's aggression and ball-winning, it's just his kicking which is way off the mark.
Lack of composure is Pedlar's biggest flaw currently even more so than his kicking.

+ Talia & Douglas.

You could argue we had too many of those kind of convos in the panicked years of 2018-2021. I still don't think we needed to gut the side, kids learn better when they're playing in good teams, losing is a hard habit to break. Lynch, Talia and Luke Brown especially I felt could've played important roles for longer than they were allowed.
Considering Luke B is only 31, and given the low quality of his small defender replacements, he’d likely still be out there in the best 22 pushing for a 2025 extension.

Looks almost certain the AFL will make significant changes to the draft this year, just in time for Welsh to be more expensive!

Discount will go, being able to match is sufficient reward, points scale shortened so picks after 40 don't have points attached. It will affect us but not damagingly so.

So with current picks what do think that mught mean for us?

I am guessing it won't effect our first round pick but maybe our second round pick is used for points for Welsh? Fox Footy suggested Welsh might go in the early 20's the other night so it's probably not going to be a huge advantage?

Last edited:

Stats aside, FOG gets his hands on a lot of balls but doesn't clunk anywhere near as many as he should, especially on the lead. He prefers to sit behind and lean into the defender coming back.

<snip> Have the ability to rip games apart but plays a weird passive style like he doesn't want to hurt anyone.

This drives me bonkers. Fog should be jumping at the ball and driving his knee into the ribs of any opponent in front of him.

Instead he tries to ease his opponent under the ball for a chest mark. Works 1/100.

So Rowey was saying today Crows and Port could have rookied 4 players each, we chose only Welsh and Port Logan Evans who has been named for his first game against Brisbane.

Why wouldn’t we have grabbed more?
Logan Evans is the only case of that SANFL rookie scheme providing a positive outcome for the Power or Crows. Crows have tried it previously with a couple of players & it’s just not worth all the extra cash they have to pay so they can just gain access to play another inexperienced kid on their SANFL team. They have to pay the SANFL club an overpriced fee for a player that in most cases was just going to play in that team’s reserves and then are forced to return them back to that club after 12 months.

What’s the point of putting in development & all that money (loan fee + match payments) for only a 12 month return of a player’s services?

It’s already stupid the club has had to pay Woodville-West Torrens a fee just so Welsh can play a few games with the club that’s going to draft him in 12 months time.

Last edited:
ROB being no better?

I don't think he's ever been totally obliterated like Strachan on the weekend?

48 - 16 hit outs

19 - 4 centre clearances

The worrying thing with ROB is that he didn’t go back to the 2s and dominate like he did the last time he was dropped. So it doesn’t look like the kick up the pants has worked. So it’s either Strachan working his ring out getting nowhere or ROB playing half arsed. What a choice.

So with current picks what do think that might mean for us?

I am guessing it won't effect our first round pick but maybe our second round pick is used for points for Welsh? Fox Footy suggested Welsh might go in the early 20's the other night so it's probably not going to be a huge advantage?
Providing we don't win too many in the run home, we'll draft a potential top line mid like Draper with pick 6/7, likely we'll then have to use our second (tied to Melbourne?) to match Welsh, then have a pick or two out in Hail Mary 40 plus territory. That should be a solid draft, albeit light on in numbers.

We're not getting anything worthwhile pick wise for those leaving

The number one avenue to Fog becoming a top forward is better ball movement.

Get it into him quicker and to his advantage and I don't think we are having these conversations anymore.
He seems to enjoy more freedom playing at CHF where he can roam further up the ground. His field kicking whilst not as strong at Tex's, is still pretty good. Maybe that is his best position moving forward. The conundrum is Thilthorpe as he looks to me the prototype CHF with his ability to roam and his strength (he could be our nick Riewoldt). If the thought is to run Fog further up the ground, then they almost need to try and bring back pagans paddock where we can play Thilthorpe out of the square and take our pockets and half forwards further up the ground to leave him 1 out inside forward 50.

I prefer running with a 3rd tall because I want Thilly doing as little rucking as possible even on a chop out basis. Best possible scenario he does a similar forward rucking role as Tex and Hawkins do.

I quite liked the system we had with Tippett where he’d ruck the forward 30 or so and the main ruck would set up for the bail out kick. But after losing Tippett Sauce started rucking the full ground and we’ve barely changed since. Even with JJ, Sauce would ruck our goal square with JJ watching on from metres away. And then there’s ROB that sets up 15m off the contest when Tex takes ruck in our forward line.

Our ruck strategy has been a shambles for ages. Like stoppage wins:loss raw stats, we’ve been too focussed on quantitative not qualitative outcome.

Last edited:
+ Talia & Douglas.

You could argue we had too many of those kind of convos in the panicked years of 2018-2021. I still don't think we needed to gut the side, kids learn better when they're playing in good teams, losing is a hard habit to break. Lynch, Talia and Luke Brown especially I felt could've played important roles for longer than they were allowed.

All 3 were totally cooked. Talia couldn’t run, Brown broke down when he tried and Lynch was no better. Talia was overlooked by every club, Lynch went to Roos, not sure he ever made their list though and Btown didn’t even try, he knew he was done.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All 3 were totally cooked. Talia couldn’t run, Brown broke down when he tried and Lynch was no better. Talia was overlooked by every club, Lynch went to Roos, not fire he ever made their list though and Btown didn’t even try, he knew he was done.
Crazy to think Talia played his last game at only 28.

Playing half a season a torn meniscus was pretty stupid. Cooked himself trying to get back for round 1 the next season and never recovered.
Losing Talia has had a huge impact on us when you think about it.

Caused us to target McAsey.
Poor leadership in back half until Murray recently.
Drafted Curtin and played him at full back in desperation.
Offered Petty stupid money and draft picks.

All of those, including playing Talia injured for 6 months, comes back to one thing - utter incompetence at the club.

Hi all,

Apologies for the intrusion, I come in peace. What's the read on Patrick Parnell's future after this year?

I was a fan ahead of the MSD when he was picked. He is now out for the rest of the year with his shoulder injury.

Is he gettable? / even worth pursuing for another club? What's the cost (3rd / 4th / DFA)?

I'd be keen to get a small defender of his profile over to Carlton as a back up to Saad & Boyd.

Thanks

Hi all,

Apologies for the intrusion, I come in peace. What's the read on Patrick Parnell's future after this year?

I was a fan ahead of the MSD when he was picked. He is now out for the rest of the year with his shoulder injury.

Is he gettable? / even worth pursuing for another club? What's the cost (3rd / 4th / DFA)?

I'd be keen to get a small defender of his profile over to Carlton as a back up to Saad & Boyd.

Thanks
Sold!

Can we interest you in a non-statistical small forward or an inside midfielder who can't win his own ball too?

Hi all,

Thanks
He wont make it, his body is not made to AFL. He'll be off the park more than on, hes made of glass.

Sold!

Can we interest you in a non-statistical small forward or an inside midfielder who can't win his own ball too?

He wont make it, his body is not made to AFL. He'll be off the park more than on, hes made of glass.
Lol, understood - delist material it seems

Talia and McAsey played together in 2020 though. We also had Butts play his first few games in 2020 and showing promise. So end 2021 when Talia wasn’t able to run without breaking down, we had Butts and McAsey 2 years in and probably thinking Fish would come good. We also had Murray play half that season.

I don’t think there’s any link between Talia’s early demise and drafting McAsey. Although I agree that Talia nearing the end and Harto heading into his final contract year probably made a KPD more attractive than normal.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks

Think he’d be on our delist pile, but we’re not stacked for small defenders, so who knows.

Hi all,

Thanks
A 4th would be nice

Laird was 4th best lol. How many turnover did he do in defense after getting shifted there which indirectly cost goals? His kicking in defense was Smith like this year, many thought it was just he couldn't play in the midfield but there's sign he is cooked.

That’s why I said I wouldn’t have given him best. But in a game where we got flogged at contested ball he got 15 and he had about as many intercepts as turnovers - and we had very few competitive players after half time.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back