List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Thompson, Brown, Gibbs, Jenkins ....the refusing of Contract demands; Lynch, Greenwood, Brad Crouch, Alex Keath ?

You remember Blight, more due to the associated furore .....whilst not as black & white as then, we have had those tough convo's .....I suspect Smith at year's end too, given he wants to play on
Thompson played too long and absolutely had to be told, Brown agreed, Gibbs and Jenkins was a result of the camp saga, Crouch was traded because he was lazy and had an affection for coke, keath wanted a trade out, as for smithers he's just triggered a renewal clause. I really hope he hangs up the boots though.

H Petty is such a frustrating player, has talent but kicking is average and marking is inconsistent. Be a good player to get but not worth us giving up anything more than a 3rd. Hes better than Himm but with so many gaps in our list, I’d rather go young until he’s a free agent.

He’ll become a whipping boy here in Adelaide

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

H Petty is such a frustrating player, has talent but kicking is average and marking is inconsistent. Be a good player to get but not worth us giving up anything more than a 3rd. Hes better than Himm but with so many gaps in our list, I’d rather go young until he’s a free agent.

He’ll become a whipping boy here in Adelaide

I just don’t see a need for him personally.

Murray, Butts/Keane, Worrell down back.
Thilthorpe, Fogarty, ???

Only spot we might need temporarily would be forward and he’s a crap forward.
Rather Tex even if he’s on his last legs.

Melbourne look cooked

Surely we ask the question of Clayton Oliver again

Offer future first, future second and we take the whole contract this time

In;
Oliver
Draper
Welsh
Cumming or Perryman as FA

that’s an A+ offseason

Melbourne look cooked

Surely we ask the question of Clayton Oliver again

Offer future first, future second and we take the whole contract this time

In;
Oliver
Draper
Welsh
Cumming or Perryman as FA

that’s an A+ offseason
I think Oliver has lost his drive, just isn't the same player

I wouldn't trust our club to help him rediscover it either.

Thilthorpe, Fogarty, ???

I agree that Petty is probably not the answer, but we are very light on for tall forwards. Himmelberg looks set to go, Golant will likely be delisted, Burgess is useless. If Tex does retire we have no depth if Fog or TT get injured.

I agree that Petty is probably not the answer, but we are very light on for tall forwards. Himmelberg looks set to go, Golant will likely be delisted, Burgess is useless. If Tex does retire we have no depth if Fog or TT get injured.

I’d happily trade Himmelberg for Petty in a 3 way trade. I just don’t think we have enough talent on our list to give up any draft capital unless it’s a third or later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather develop MM into our next tall and big bodied midfielder, need to persist for the rest of this season and train him there full time over Summer.

Rankine is also a top 5 player in the league, he's more than an impactor.

Dawson, Soligo, Rankine, MM, Dowling and Taylor (maybe Pedlar) is finally a midfield developing quality depth and will benefit massively from a top 5 pick in this years draft (e.g. Draper) and a better ruck. Still not against going after someone like Davies though given it won't cost much.
Top 5 player? Haven’t watched the other teams?

I'd be fine if it ended up being Keane out, Petty in.
At what bloody cost?
Are you seriously talking a level swap?

Because these 3rd or even 2nd round picks ain't happening for a contracted tall KPP no matter how ordinary his form is currently.

Thilthorpe, Fogarty, ???

If you’re bringing him in as a defender then I think he’s an upgrade on Butts/Keane - but Butts has been much improved this year, so it’s probably not a huge upgrade - and would pair nicely with Murray and then Worrell as the third tall, but I 💯 agree about not giving anything excessive for him and hopefully they aren’t looking at him to play forward for us.

How did Logan Evan’s go yesterday for PA? I liked him as a player and as surprised that he didn’t get drafted last year.

If we’re now looking to develop MM as a midfielder, Evan’s would have been a good option as a medium defender.

How did Logan Evan’s go yesterday for PA? I liked him as a player and as surprised that he didn’t get drafted last year.

If we’re now looking to develop MM as a midfielder, Evan’s would have been a good option as a medium defender.
He looked to be one of their best players, one of only a few who knew what they were doing.

I’d happily trade Himmelberg for Petty in a 3 way trade. I just don’t think we have enough talent on our list to give up any draft capital unless it’s a third or later

That's not going to happen. Himmelberg is not even in our best team. Petty is a premiership player and a regular for Melbourne.

I think he is a slight upgrade on our current defenders. He only plays forward as there is no one else.

I think the most interesting thing we will do this trade is with O'Brien. Clubs pay way overs for Ruckman and he would have plenty of interest.

The question is how we get a number one ruckman in without giving too much away. I'm not sure that's possible.

I think the most interesting thing we will do this trade is with O'Brien. Clubs pay way overs for Ruckman and he would have plenty of interest.

The question is how we get a number one ruckman in without giving too much away. I'm not sure that's possible.

If we even got offered a second round pick for ROB you would take it and start the car as quick as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back