Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

At 15, Hinkley he met his future wife Donna. At 16 – in a storyline that mirrors that of the Crows’ first Brownlow Medallist Mark Ricciuto who grew up in the Riverland – Hinkley was the leading goalkicker for the Camperdown senior team. At 17, he was leaving school with no career in mind, but starting a semi-professional sporting journey with VFL club Fitzroy. It wasn’t quite the dream it appears.

“I was one of those who battled to make the adjustment out to city life; didn’t like it,” says Hinkley who played 11 games in his two seasons (1987-88) with the Lions. “That’s why when you look at my footy career I was at Fitzroy, I wasn’t at Fitzroy, I was at Fitzroy, I wasn’t at Fitzroy. And then I ended up at Geelong because I just didn’t like living in Melbourne. I was a typical country boy from a big family who just needed to have people around to make me feel comfortable. That didn’t happen in Melbourne.

“I was 17. I didn’t have a driver’s licence. I was relying on public transport and rides home at night. This is a country boy who once he got to Werribee, he got spooked by how big the place was and then had to find his way around. It was a little bit foreign for a country lad. I’d left school at the end of Year 11 because I knew I was going to Fitzroy. The club wanted me to continue at school, but it was never part of my plan, unfortunately. So I did a bit of labouring work in factories between playing footy. But every chance I got, I was on the train or in the car trying to get home to country Victoria.

I had no plan..."
No offence guys I know our coach and club sucks, but what a ****ing loser this Hick is. It's maddening that many people far more intelligent than this farkwit struggle to get anywhere in life due to circumstances outside their control. This dumbshit could kick a footy, sell used cars and gaslight everyone around him and he's been paid millions. It genuinely makes me sick. The AFL is a crock.

Malthouse is notorious for shifting the blame.

Malthouse let the drop-kick dickheads of the Rat Pack run wild, allowed racism to fester at the same club and saw nothing (or pretended not to) at the West Coke Eagles ... then turned around and supported Wilkey's brain-fart in parliament without taking the slightest responsibility for himself.

And let's not even mention the club-destroying damage he inflicted on Carlton.

Just another con artist (a more successful one, though). No wonder he loves Hinkley.

Can someone with the skills and time, put together a comprehensive video that can be used as a rebuttal and summary of supporters' grievances re Kern.

- clips of all the stupid things he's said - scary finals, wouldn't change a thing, don't judge me, greatest list hes had, the list isnt good enough.....etc.....not to mention the unintelligible/nonsensical rubbish he comes up with on a regular basis

- summary of record in big games - Showdown record, Ebert Tribute match, lack of finals success, AO Night games

- evidence of his lack of selflessness - threatening to go to Gold Coast, not agreeing to the covid clause that reduces potential pay-out

- conflicts of interest everywhere - from the greyhound syndicate; plus within the media - Kornes, Wilson etc. The hypocrisy of how the Victoria media treats him, compared to other coaches. The lack of mention of his involvement (with players) in greyhound industry. Patronising from Whateley etc.

- his record breaking: most games without a GF, the games against where West Coast where the club only trailled after the final siren. The games where the side has had majority of possession but loses, the inaccuracy etc.

Then spam the video on Facebook, X. footy forums and everywhere else. And when Kornes. club management, or Victorian media, try to attack the supporters, the simple reply is to simply post the video in response.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club knows the issues, but don’t care. Koch and co. are now just worried about being dragged down with Ken and calculating the best break point for them. They of course want end of contract still and a nice job well done, but now for the next guy. It’s now just seeing if enough losses causes Koch’s ego more damage to keep him on, then let him go.

At no point will what’s best for the club come into it. To get Ken gone, every dig at him on any public platform the club sees (Facebook / twitter comments etc) must tie Koch to it, until enough straws break his fragile ego. It’s the only chance to get Hinkley gone before end of 2025.
End of 2025? I want him gone before the end of June 2024.

There's only one question you need to ask all these former coaches that support Ken:

Would you expect to stay in a head coaching gig for 12 years without a GF appearance let alone a flag?

There's only one answer and no wriggling around can change it.
Farkin 12 years is mind blowing....just nuts.
No GF....players and recruits come and gone. Assistant coaches come and gone, but this guy is still here.
Koch tried his hardest to make this bumpkin a success....why?

Yep we're on track.

Last edited:
Woohoo - finally caught up, ahead of tomorrow's barrage. Sack Hinkley 12 is a certainty before midnight I reckon.
A win won't really bring a barrage, still a lot of comments though.

A loss would bring a lot of comments. Enough for sack Hinkley 12 by Monday morning I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back