Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Weren’t we meant to be wearing the heritage strip today, or was it changed because Collingwood wore mostly white.

I thought it was announced we were.

Crazy win but it was well planned and managed. Mitchell out coached McCrae by a long way. The mixing the ruck with Meek, Chol and Nash, I think, was really unsettling for Collingwood and in the end McCrae tried Moore in there. Albeit in the last quarter. Speaking of Moore, I thought Chol played an exceptional game keeping him at bay from the high ball and contests with his body and just focusing on bringing the ball to ground which resulted in several goals. I think that was also a reason why we got so many goals out the back. All our small forwards starred. Ginnivan, Watson, Breust and McDonald had outstanding games. McDonald is becoming a real go to man. He knows how to kick them and I feel very confident when he has the ball now. I hope Bruest gets another year. Showed tonight he still has plenty to offer. Main thing is he is fit and is well managed. There was plenty more with the likes of Jiath and Mass and Impy and Amon and I thought both Ward and Finn had really good games but I don't have the energy. I will say however, Geelong really did their homework and knew what to expect a few weeks ago. They did plan well which is why they beat us so easily and the coaches were so happy and relieved after the game. I would love to make the finals and play them again this year.

If I was Hawks GM I'd be petitioning for us to play Collingwood 3-5 times per year. You're near-guaranteed a 90-100% win rate and significant percentage boost 🤣

But in all seriousness I'm 31 years old and you guys have been kicking our butt my whole life - you even beat us in 2010 and 2023 (by a lot!) lol.

So yeah, thanks for all the emotional damage you've caused me. My psychologist is getting sick of hearing about it. But she's encouraged me to be more open with sharing so here I am.

So glad we picked Watson at 5. In all honesty he's probably shown as much as anyone in his draft class bar Reid (perhaps). He's going to be a joy to watch for years to come. The club absolutely got it right.

Oh it’s been blatantly obvious since he started he has star potential. Just needed those goals to start going through…/ now he’s away.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great win

Big congrats to Ginni
They disrespected him and he made them pay

Another great game from Nash

Keep on marching towards September
It would be pretty cool to be Ginni Rn, playing for the team he barracked for, killing the team he won a premiership with and got pushed out of. Well played, Jack!

Incredible win! Season best games from Bruest, CJ, Ginni, Watson, Croc, Ward and Nash. Mass, Meek, Worps, Impey, Sicily (after a shaky start), Amon and Chol also had big games.

Dimma, Weddle and Frost were solid all game. Newk was solid all game as well.

We took another step today. Teams will start scouting as more closely now. Big challenge for the remainder of the season.

Shows how well the Cats played 2 weeks ago. They had to basically be at fever pitch to beat us because we have learnt a heck of a lot since than and are playing top 4 quality footy. Our best can beat most teams right now. Coaches can continue to see us as a bit of a nuisance or they can start to take us serious and work out what it is that we are doing because it's bamboozling alot of teams. Only downside of today was a few easy goals we leaked from stoppages and clearances. That hasn't happened like that for a while but everything else around that was magnificent. Brutal punishing footy. Shades of the threepeat side.

If I was Hawks GM I'd be petitioning for us to play Collingwood 3-5 times per year. You're near-guaranteed a 90-100% win rate and significant percentage boost 🤣

But in all seriousness I'm 31 years old and you guys have been kicking our butt my whole life - you even beat us in 2010 and 2023 (by a lot!) lol.

So yeah, thanks for all the emotional damage you've caused me. My psychologist is getting sick of hearing about it. But she's encouraged me to be more open with sharing so here I am.

We also flogged you be about 85 points in about round 20 1990 out at Waverley. A good hawks touch up has always been good for pies flag chances…. Maybe not this year though

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I do think that what he is doing now is nothing like the player he was at Collingwood, which is what is so crazy to me. At Collingwood he was a low disposal, low pressure goal sneak and he did seem to struggle without the high free outlet. Since he's come to the Hawks he's getting 2x the ball, laying twice the tackles and running way harder than I ever thought he was capable of - and the accuracy he had has dropped off a bit. Probably as a consequence of being more tired, but still. Never knew this is what he'd be.
It’s quite obvious that he was being misused by them. He even said as much when he was interviewed that he’s being give more license to play freely which suited his strengths. He was a half back flanker as a junior so he’s obviously more than just a small forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back