Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

James
From my vantage point it was Connor Nash 3 votes all the way. Will Day was utter class all day while James Worpel was hugely influential. As for all the Luke Breust doubters out there, take a long, deep breath and stop being so goddamn willing to write the champ off

James Worpel is massively under rated. Let’s try to keep it that way.

Jiath played a great game and was one of our most important players. He is a central player in the way the team plays. I reckon your are wrong about his disposal and skills because they were pretty good and will only get better because he hasn't had much footy or continuity for quite a while. If he isn't now he will be one of our most important players going forward.

I disagree. He does some good things don’t get me wrong but he makes some costly howling errors both in decision and execution.

Keeps his spot it’s not that bad but he needs some serious improvement with disposal. His loopy shit handballs in particular hurt us quite often/

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There were moments today when I though - shit we are actually good. It's been a dam long time and we can do more than just make finals. - this year.

BTW. You blokes potting CJ before half time. He was running the wing ala Isaac circa 2011. 100m sprints over and over again. He blew sidebottom up and then markov and then got on top.
Yep, made a few errors but Sicily probably had more clangers and we certainly let him slide (with good reason).

We are a better side when CJ is up and about, I hope we keep him in and work on the decision making.

What a wonderful, enjoyable game. We're box office quality.

One of those little things that may go unnoticed is the fantastic synergy between Amon and Impey. Not just Impey's goal, but one always seems to know where the other is as an outlet.

Nash huge. Ginnivan dominant. Day..... just so strong through the hips. His ability to get free is vital for this team. Great reward for Wiz today. He deserves it.

Can't wait to see the boys live next Sunday.

Who was saying Maginness was a dumb choice as sub?

Thought he showed the power and athleticism he's been showcasing at Box Hill the last month.

Looks really dangerous when he pushes forward.

There are probably 5-7 guys I would rather have out there than FMcG. He tries his guts out and has moments but that’s sort of the problem. He doesn’t seem to be very good.

As well as I will sleep tonight after that brilliant win I will sleep even better when we hear of Nash's resigning. He was enormous today
I pride myself on being a reasonable judge of a footballer's ability, but I'm so pleased to say I got Nash completely wrong. I couldn't see a lot there in the beginning, but he's proven me wrong, and I'm happy to say it. :)

There’s something really special about this team. The way they work for each other and the joy they play with is infectious. They work incredibly hard and have so much fun doing it.

Brilliant game. Made even better when I got this sms from a collywobbles mate at 1/2 time

Stupid game. Gone out for pizza with the family so don't care what happens.

I pride myself on being a reasonable judge of a footballer's ability, but I'm so pleased to say I got Nash completely wrong. I couldn't see a lot there in the beginning, but he's proven me wrong, and I'm happy to say it. :)

Same. And look he started this year like a bag of potatoes after finally emerging last year…. But he’s come good again and having a real impact.

Pies look like giving us a pick upgrade for the best half forward in comp. And they trade their first for a worse player. Graham Wright you dirty dog you. After those Wingard, JOM , Mitchell trades I thought you would if been exiled. Thank you for making up for it. And god bless you and Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. He does some good things don’t get me wrong but he makes some costly howling errors both in decision and execution.

Keeps his spot it’s not that bad but he needs some serious improvement with disposal. His loopy shit handballs in particular hurt us quite often/

Footy is very much an opinion sport so I think this is why most of us post on BF. As such, I have no problem with people disagreeing. Its just my opinion. I do think he was outstanding tonight with his run and positioning and his skills were good. I thought he shot out a few really good long hand passes too on the wing. Funny, but I saw it completely differently. And I do think he is such an important player for us.

I think Clarko had the same problem. Sam Mitchell has been the making of him.

There are probably 5-7 guys I would rather have out there than FMcG. He tries his guts out and has moments but that’s sort of the problem. He doesn’t seem to be very good.
I find this an odd take. Had more pressure acts than watson and only one less score involvement in half the game time. He had a big impact when on. Not trying to compare the two but using a livewire small forward as a benchmark for impact, finn’s game stacks up.

Sis cooked the Pies today with 30 disposals on one arm. Legend.

It was insane. They tackled him once. He is clearly still tender and they gave him room to play his usual game. Absolute fail from McRae.

They had far bigger bodies up forward and rarely used them.

His disposal is still a mixed bag under pressure but when he cracks in like today he has a big impact. His ruckwork was really good.

Anybody know what our percentage is since round 6?

Also is 133 our highest score under Mitchell? Can’t remember us kicking 20 goals.
We WON by 20 goals against west co0ast last season.

It was insane. They tackled him once. He is clearly still tender and they gave him room to play his usual game. Absolute fail from McRae.

They had far bigger bodies up forward and rarely used them.

Like throwing Stokes on Hodge with wrecked ribs in a GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 19, 2024 : Hawks flatten Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back