Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

It was the Logan fresh airy for me
I'll concede I turned it off when that happened. I turned it back on a minute later, but that almost finished me.

I don't think people are pansies for paying good money to go and watch the team we support play like garbage for the majority of the game then eventually get sick of it. Especially not after the last two weeks the players have shown themselves to be not up for it.
I'm not too proud to admit I turned the TV off after I got sick of seeing the Swans repeatedly get scored against without resistance. Nearly every inside 50 for the pies was a score.
Watching one of the key forwards have to play key defender because everyone else sucks and the other key defender drop a chest mark under little to no pressure.
Then midfielders perpetually "guarding space" rather than being accountable. Giving the opposition time to get a run going so that tackles kept getting broken.
Rowbottom having a genuine go in the first half was all that kept me watching it felt like. When he lost his mojo after half time and the pies went on a run I had had enough.
Well done coming back in the end but they need to seriously deal with whatever mental fragility has caused this current capitulation. It feels like that same big game weakness that saw them only just hold on against the pies in that home final then get absolutely creamed by Geelong.
It was more so a shot at our scg supporter base who doesn't give hard enough. Every bit of noise counts in a scenario like that. It can pull a team over the line and sway the umps just like it did in multiple occasions in those last 5 monutes. Thankfully those who remained made up for the ones who left early.

I want an apology by the AFL

this was bull they almost had double free kicks then us i know we played an aggressive game but there should not be that many frees that should have been a 50 and there is no way mason tapped that out on purpose some guy who has a family of 5 is losing there job over this because there are so many angry fans tonight i want an apology from the afl tomorrow and 10$ says there will be something from the AFL on the news tomorrow

…oh shit wrong board

It was more so a shot at our scg supporter base who doesn't give hard enough. Every bit of noise counts in a scenario like that. It can pull a team over the line and sway the umps just like it did in multiple occasions in those last 5 monutes. Thankfully those who remained made up for the ones who left early.
Vic bias lives and breathes. Get over it.

I’m so pumped right now I’ll wait until tomorrow to talk about my Tom McCartin concerns.

Was he kind of ok last week though all things considered,

They seem to need Rampe Melican and Mccartin to function.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta say, I didn't hate McDonald in defence, I think it's good for him to build up that capability and without Melican I can see why we went that way. That said, we were missing the third tall presence all night, he should have been shifted forward 5 mins into the 3rd at the very latest.

I like Cleary but he adds nothing as a sub. Not versatile, not quick. Should play full games or not at all.

Florent kicked a nice goal and had a couple of good moments late but is still in otherwise shocking form. Needs to be dropped to find some form before finals. At the moment Corey Warner would add more in the same role.

Grundy's tap work was good but he was monstered in the air.

Hayward and Parker looked our only forward options for most of the game, kept us in it.

Roberts excellent once again, well and truly back to his form from earlier in the year.

Amartey presented up the ground super well, just sucked he didn't have enough to kick to, but about as good a goalless game as you could expect from a young key forward.

Blakey still just looks off. Effort is there but he's just not quite executing.

I want an apology by the AFL

this was bull they almost had double free kicks then us i know we played an aggressive game but there should not be that many frees that should have been a 50 and there is no way mason tapped that out on purpose some guy who has a family of 5 is losing there job over this because there are so many angry fans tonight i want an apology from the afl tomorrow and 10$ says there will be something from the AFL on the news tomorrow

…oh shit wrong board
$10. Mate, careful with your money. That's a couple of years worth of toothpaste.

Look end of the day we looked like we would never score again let alone win last week.

Absolutely horseshit at times tonight, that type of play wont win a flag, but that spirit and winning feeling might get us back to something,

I don't know about the rest of you, shit week after last saturday, though my grandmother died today too didnt help, but the footy was worse.

This win mattered.

I also dont give a **** who gave up on what or who, enjoy the win

Its probably the best quarter he has played all season even when he was leading the brownlow
When I first saw a young Heeney, he reminded me of James Hird. One touch, great mark & can turn a game in minutes. He just hasn't been as consistent as Hird until this year. Not sure if he's as competitive as Hird but when he is, bang!

Gotta say, I didn't hate McDonald in defence, I think it's good for him to build up that capability and without Melican I can see why we went that way. That said, we were missing the third tall presence all night, he should have been shifted forward 5 mins into the 3rd at the very latest.

I like Cleary but he adds nothing as a sub. Not versatile, not quick. Should play full games or not at all.

Florent kicked a nice goal and had a couple of good moments late but is still in otherwise shocking form. Needs to be dropped to find some form before finals. At the moment Corey Warner would add more in the same role.

Grundy's tap work was good but he was monstered in the air.

Hayward and Parker looked our only forward options for most of the game, kept us in it.

Roberts excellent once again, well and truly back to his form from earlier in the year.

Amartey presented up the ground super well, just sucked he didn't have enough to kick to, but about as good a goalless game as you could expect from a young key forward.

Blakey still just looks off. Effort is there but he's just not quite executing.
All our KPs are shockingly out of form. I mean, its not like we didn't acknowledge that we had weaknesses in those areas but both at the same time is killing us.

Look end of the day we looked like we would never score again let alone win last week.

Absolutely horseshit at times tonight, that type of play wont win a flag, but that spirit and winning feeling might get us back to something,

I don't know about the rest of you, shit week after last saturday, though my grandmother died today too didnt help, but the footy was worse.

This win mattered.

I also dont give a **** who gave up on what or who, enjoy the win
Sorry to hear mate :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy A win for the true believers - swans down pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back