List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Boyd from Norwood would be well worth a shot on a rookie list. Maybe a bit short for a real lead ruck, but his work in close -just strength and his ability to win clearances is unreal. Surely he could come in and do a good job at AFL level
We need a better 2nd ruck option than Strachan.

Someone who can run out 4 quarters of AFL.

I didnt think of Allen as a small forward at all, but you said he'd be better than Lachie Murphy, who is.

He'll be 27 in 3 weeks, and has already spent 4 years on an AFL list.
Cromulant, I said Allen would be better than several currently listed Crows players, but did not mention particular names at that time. You are the one who mentioned Lachie Murphy, and compared Mitch Grigg to Matthew Allen, and after that I listed names.

Allen was delisted back in 2019, and has put on 20kg of muscle in the intervening years. Allen is now a mature body ready for the demands of AFL, and is recognised as a leader down at the Bays. I am looking at Allen and the player he is now, with another 5+ years of AFL football left in him, not the 2019 kid who wasn't physically ready for the AFL.

Cromulant, I said Allen would be better than several currently listed Crows players, but did not mention particular names at that time. You are the one who mentioned Lachie Murphy, and compared Mitch Grigg to Matthew Allen, and after that I listed names.

Allen was delisted back in 2019, and has put on 20kg of muscle in the intervening years. Allen is now a mature body ready for the demands of AFL, and is recognised as a leader down at the Bays. I am looking at Allen and the player he is now, with another 5+ years of AFL football left in him, not the 2019 kid who wasn't physically ready for the AFL.
He was 22 when he was delisted, and those extra kgs have made him VERY slow across the ground.

He wouldnt get a game at our club, despite what you are suggesting.

He was a Mount Gambier boy right? He was actually killing it in the WAFL too just couldn't get in the Eagles side, I was surprised he wasn't signed as a delisted free agent by any club at the time too.

He was a Mount Gambier boy right? He was actually killing it in the WAFL too just couldn't get in the Eagles side, I was surprised he wasn't signed as a delisted free agent by any club at the time too.
Clubs are good at picking deficiencies out early.

He's a great SANFL level player for sure, nothing more.

I vaguely remember hearing that. Sounds like he wants to go to St Kilda.

Preuss like ??
Better back up than Strachan from an AFL view but can't see him as the No.1 ruck at too many AFL clubs.

Not him but i did think had Port had Liam McBean up forward instead of that old broken wharf pier dixon, at least he might have pulled in a few contested marks and banged in a few goals. Mcbean is a very hard player to contain and would well be worth a rookie spot somewhere imo
McBeam would be another Adam Richardson. Great SANFL player but not us a AFL player.

I think Boyd from Norwood would be well worth a shot on a rookie list. Maybe a bit short for a real lead ruck, but his work in close -just strength and his ability to win clearances is unreal. Surely he could come in and do a good job at AFL level
Would definitely give him a shot as a short-mid term option to replace Strachan at least, if not ROB. But we still need to recruit a ruckman to develop. I don't think we've drafted one since Strachan, it's ridiculous.

So, in a few weeks, after Laird finishes top 3 in the B&F for the eighth year in a row, you think any club would only consider him as a salary dump?

Mate, love your posts, this seems like pandering to the Laird haters though.

And how much of a success have we been over the past 8 years (2017-2019 he was a half back flanker).

A stats accumulator with zero hurt factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would definitely give him a shot as a short-mid term option to replace Strachan at least, if not ROB. But we still need to recruit a ruckman to develop. I don't think we've drafted one since Strachan, it's ridiculous.
Delist (pay out) Strachan. Draft Boyd as a rookie. Draft Dodson or Mutineers ruck he has mentioned if we can't engineer a pick high enough for Dodson.

Leaves us with:
ROB
Boyd
Dodson or other drafted ruck

I really think Boyd could put real pressure on ROB for a starting ruck spot, the guy is very strong and is quite mobile and give him an AFL preseason and i think could do a real job for us.

Lairds body language and interactions with his team mates at the end of the year were not exactly positive or warm. I won't be surprised if he wants out. Like McHenry, he's another who our game doesn't suit and it would prolly be in his best interests to cruise.

Why on earth would he want to go interstate?

He is on good money for another two years, he is SA born, he is Nick’s love child and he has zero desire to leave the club.

If necessary, we just play him in the Reserves for the next two years.

Why on earth would he want to go interstate?

He is on good money for another two years, he is SA born, he is Nick’s love child and he has zero desire to leave the club.

If necessary, we just play him in the Reserves for the next two years.
Vic partner.

Im not sure he is Nicks' lovechild, certainly not after his piss poor reaction to his return to the backline

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back